Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekend Recap.....

I had another full weekend this final weekend of June. I can't believe that it's the end of June already! Here's what went down:

Friday: This was the only day I had "free" this week. I decided to run my errands that day. I went ahead and did my July budget before heading out. I went to Target to find a birthday present for Gabby's first birthday. I also hit up the library. Target and the Library....my happy places. I decided that I wanted to re-read Janet Oke's "Love Comes Softly" series. Luckily, I found 7/8 of the books at one library. I was only missing the 4th book. I just put in a request for it to be sent to my home library since surely I wouldn't be needing the 4th book that soon....right?
 I went to Sprouts to get my produce for the week. Then it was off to Kroger to get the rest of the groceries. I decided I'd treat myself to a Starbucks drink while grocery shopping. I ordered a tall non-fat chai latte. When they scanned my Kroger card they told me I had a free drink and did I want to use it? Why, yes I do. And, yes, I want that big size!
Don't mind if I do!

Mr. B and I went to get some frozen yogurt when he got off work. Then it was home for us. I ended up reading the first 2 books of my series.

Saturday: I knew that when I was half way through book 3 on Saturday morning, that I was going to need to find that 4th book. I have patience issues. I drove to another library to get the 4th book. As of right now, I'm half way through that book (probably going to finish it tonight after the Bachelorette). Since Mr. B and I planned a fondue date night, I decided it was time to see my girl, Bon, at Q Spa Nails for a manicure. I decided on a 4th of July themed mani.

Mr. B and I headed to Simply Fondue that night for our first time at a 4 course fondue dinner. 
It was fun getting dressed up for date night. We haven't done that in a long time.
Our first course was cheese fondue with veggies and bread for dipping. We got the fontina cheese fondue. While it was tasty, we thought there was a little too much white wine base for our liking. I felt that every bite I tasted the white wine more than the cheese. Regardless, we ate it all.

Next up, the salad course. For me, it was the Greek salad and the Caesar for Mr. B.

Next, the main meat course. We each got 3 choices of meat and received 3 pieces of each choice. We chose bacon wrapped sirloin, teriyaki sirloin, coconut crusted shrimp, herb crusted pork, garlic herb chicken, and beef sausage. It was served with 2 slices of yellow squash, zucchini, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli cheese bites, jalapeno cheddar bites, and cheese ravioli. We also got 4 mini portobello mushrooms for stuffing. It came with dipping sauces and batter if you wanted to batter fry the items.
This was fun for us to cook our own food. The experience was super fun. We ate everything on this plate. It was so good.

The final course was the chocolate fondue. Mr. B chose the chocolate caramel pecan fondue. There was marshmallows, rice crispy treats, brownies, cheesecake balls, cookie dough balls, cherries, pineapples, strawberries,  apples, and bananas for dipping. The waiter even gave us a chance to roast marshmallows before digging into the chocolate.

Sundance Square is our favorite date spot. From our dating days, to our proposal, to our married years....we've always loved this place. I can see many memories in our future made here.


Sunday: I went to church Sunday morning then came home for a quick meal before heading to my favorite art studio, Art in the Vine, to paint with my BFF, Christy.
We missed her sister, Misty, since she had to work. Boo!

My painting (which is now proudly displayed in our guest bathroom)

Our stage pic together.

I went back home for a snack and to pick up Mr. B for evening church services. We came back home for a relaxing evening on the couch.

Bonus for today!!!!! I had 3 really ripe avocados in my fridge that I've been meaning to make into guacamole. Today I finally got it done. I decided to call this "I bet this will taste good in there" Guacamole. Literally, that's what I was saying as I added different ingredients in with the mashed avocados. Let me tell you, this is some of the best Guac I've tasted (I'm not just saying that b/c I made it). I didn't measure anything out. I just put a dash of this and a splash of that in with the avocados. Here's what I put in it:
  • mashed avocados
  • about 4 oz of sour cream
  • 3-4 tablespoons of salsa
  • splash of lemon and lime juice
  • splash of Worcestershire sauce
  • dash of Parmesean cheese
  • dash of garlic salt
  • green onions
  • dash of Mrs. Dash's garlic herb seasoning


It was bomb for sure! I had to make myself put it away. It tasted good on garlic herb triscuits. I can't wait to put it on my chicken gouda burger!

In case anyone wants to try these delicious Chicken Crescent roll-ups I made, click here for the recipe. I used the whole 8 oz of cream cheese for mine. I cooked my chicken in the crock pot and topped it with Mrs. Dash's chicken seasoning and poured salsa and a bit of water over it.



No comments:

Post a Comment