Monday, June 8, 2015

First Weekend of Summer

I love this time of year! School is out, and I'm in fun relaxation mode for the next 8 weeks or so! Here's how the end of my school year and first weekend of Summer went:

This first pic is the final pic of the school year of the #dreamteam. This was the day of our end of year party. We were all tired and thankful it was the last full day of school. The kids were out in the courtyard eating popsicles and using sidewalk chalk.
 
 
 
When school was out on Friday, I went to the nail salon with a member of the #dreamteam for a mani/pedi session. All year long the team has heard me brag on my nail salon (Q Spa Nails) and my nail tech (Bon). I shared the wonderful experience with my teammate. I think she enjoyed her experience. Here are some pics from my session:



 
I then decided it was time to turn off all weekday alarms:
 
That night we went to some friends' house from church. They were over to our house a couple of months ago, so they offered to host this time. They did way better in the food department than we did. Where we did pizza and wings, they did grilled steak, bacon-wrapped pork chops, corn on the cob, twice baked potatoes, and chocolate pie.



 
We decided to play boys vs. girls during game night. The girls totally dominated. Those poor boys didn't win a single game. Guesstures was particularly funny when my partner and I decided to team up with our husbands. We needed to act out the word "hydrant" at the same time for our husbands to guess. Well one particular husband decided to video tape us (because you know we totally acted like dogs peeing on a hydrant). I informed my partner in crime that we should allow her hubby to have that small piece of enjoyment since he didn't win a single game all night. That, and I was inclined to forgive him for his sneakiness since his dinner may or may not have changed my life.
 
 
Saturday morning I had to go to work for a bit and finish up the loose ends in my classroom. I made Mr. B go with me with promises of donuts and Chick-Fil-A. He's a cheap worker. We then went to Plano for our annual pool party with the gang. We had some fun in the sun with pizza, games, frozen yogurt, and chips and dip. Here's a pic of us ladies lounging:
 
We made a trip to Yogurt Land for some froyo after our pizza.
 
 
Sunday morning we went to church, grabbed some Chicken Express, finished packing, then made the 4 1/2 hour drive to West Texas to see my family for the week. We knew we arrived in West Texas when we saw flat land, blue skies, and windmills. This picture was taken just off I20 out of Sweetwater on Highway 84.






 
You know when I arrived I grabbed my baby nephew and loved on him. I wasn't even in town an hour before I baby-napped him and put him right to sleep. I love Jude the Dude cuddles.

 
Stay tuned: next post details my week with my family....and more Jude the Dude!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment