Friday, July 3, 2015

4th Week of Summer 2015 Came and Went

I'm not quite sure if this week was any less eventful than the previous 3 weeks, but it passed quickly just the same. I can't believe that my summer is almost half over. Where in the world did it go!? Yesterday was reality check when I went in Target to get a few things. The school supplies were out, and the dollar spot already had out some of its teacher goodies. Every year in July I stake out this dollar spot for hard-to-come-by teacher items I may need and/or find interesting. I grabbed 7 of these babies since they tend to go fast:
#ofcoursetheyareredandblack

I have a class set of these that I have my kids use as their book boxes for the year. I also use them to organize my personal book collection in my room. It's my personal opinion that you can never have too many of these. Not going to lie, I may grab more when I go back. My goal is to hit up Target weekly to stalk their dollar spot for goodies. 

We have a little over a week before we leave for our vacation in Mexico. I can't believe that the time is almost here. We've been doing a few things to get prepared. I went ahead and bought groceries to sustain us until we leave. Monday, I went to Trader Joe's with a couple of girls from work. Since I was going to be out running errands all day, I didn't do any heavy shopping. I came back on Tuesday instead. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I ran a few errands. Mr. B tagged along Tuesday and Wednesday (much to his chagrin). To be fair, I went with him to his doctor appointment on Wednesday....but we stopped to see his grandma on the way so it was a pleasant day. Thursday, I used the day to clean up around the house, do some laundry, and read. My only stop was Target....luckily I found everything I needed (and then some) while I was there. I finally completed reading Janet Oke's "Love Comes Softly" series last night. That's 8 books in less than a week!

Now I'm deciding what to read next. I'll have to turn to my Nook and Kindle apps for guidance. I've got several unread titles to choose from. I get daily book recommendations for BookBub (a free website that emails you book recommendations daily based on your interests) that I automatically delete before even looking so I don't download any more books! I have too many that are in my library that are unread.

This summer I've actually been looking forward to Mondays so I can watch my guilty pleasure: The Bachelorette. It's so cheesy, but I just. can't. stop. This is what Mr. B thinks of the show:
I totally caught him looking a couple of times. He'll deny it though.

This little guy is always up for TV time with me....who cares what's on?

I also made a yummy light summer dessert a couple of times this week: Baked peaches. 
  1. slice peaches in half and remove the pit
  2. place face up in baking dish
  3. place small slice butter on each half
  4. sprinkle with brown sugar
  5. drizzle with honey
  6. sprinkle with cinnamon
  7. bake for 30 minutes @350
  8. top with whip cream, if desired


Before


After

Some things I'm contemplating:
  • Kolache baking class with the preacher's wife
  • a mini weekend trip to Fredricksberg and San Marcos next weekend
  • what to read next
  • how to fit all our stuff into one suitcase (stupid baggage fees)
  • how to make myself workout more consistently ( I always find reasons to skip....)
  • Thinking ahead: NOLA in December to celebrate our 30th bdays!!!???





1 comment:

  1. How is it already July?? I vote YES to a weekend in Fredricksburg, so fun! And NOLA of course ;)

    ReplyDelete