Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's up Wednesday? June 2015 Edition

What we're eating this week?
I'm revisiting a recipe that I haven't made in a long time: Cajun Crab Tilapia. This recipe comes from my friend @lovelysgirl. You can check out her recipe here!
What I'm reminiscing about?
We just spent a week taking care of our 4 month old nephew. It was an experience that I'll never forget. It gave us a glimpse into parenthood. You can check out my reflection of the whole experience in my "My week as a mom" post.
*If you want to read about the adventures we had throughout the week, baby Jude was our "guest blogger" last week and documented his experiences. You can check out his adventures in these posts:


What I'm loving?
Well, since my little sweetheart's return back home, we've been getting some super cute pics of him. I think I'll share those since I'm always loving pics of Captain Jude the Dude.




What we've been up to?
We went to visit with my family a couple of weeks ago when school let out. We spent a week in West Texas and New Mexico. I recap that post here. Then, we had Jude all last week. Since we took my parents out for lunch for a combined Mother's/Father's Day while we were in town, we wanted to do the same for Mr. B's parents this past Sunday. After Sunday evening church service, we took them to eat some BBQ. The line was out the door, but we waited anyway. It's always nice to share a meal with my in-laws (who, by the way, don't even feel like in-laws because they are that awesome). After dinner, we met up with Mr. B's sister and her family for frozen custard. Since we had to say goodbye to the baby that afternoon, I was consoled by the fact I got to see our 4 year old nephew and our niece that evening. Plus, ice cream makes everything better. I thought this week would slow down a bit and I'd spend some time at home reading and catching up on house projects.....nope! I've managed to stay busy just about every day. Oh well! There's always next week.
What I'm dreading?
Well, I finally got the roof fixed....we hope! Now we just have to get the interior ceiling fixed in the bathroom. I'm dreading the mess and the $300 I have to part with to make it happen. The joys of home ownership!
What I'm working on?
I just finished up my article for our church quarterly publication on the Fruit of the Spirit. I wrote on self-control. Of course, I slid back into my college essay writing days and waited until the last minute to write it. I mean, I know I was busy, but I ultimately had no idea how I was going to approach it. It took lots of back and forth Facebook messages with the preacher to determine Greek meanings for some words and many searches on my Bible App before I was comfortable with my position. It hasn't been published yet, but I posted it on my Forever Faithful blog. You can get an early preview here.
What I'm excited about?
I'm excited about tomorrow's get together with the girls at work. We've been doing this thing where we have a little get together at everyone's houses. I must find a time to host at my house!!! I just love how we love to spend time together....and of course eating!!! I'm also excited about taking another painting class at my favorite art studio, Art in the Vine, this Sunday afternoon with my BFF Christy. She begged me to come to her cardio dance jam class, so I did. Now I'm sore, but ready to tackle Zumba classes at the Y again....I think.
What I'm watching/reading?
It's summer, so it's Netflix binge time. Season 3 of Mako Mermaids came out....don't judge my adolescent tastes. I love mermaids. I still need to check out Gilmore Girls. I'm trying to finish the final book in the "Bloodlines" series (a spin-off of Vampire Academy) by Rochelle Mead. I have plans to re-read all the "Love Comes Softly" series by Janet Oke.
What I'm listening to?
I'm into Kacy Musgraves and Meagen Trainor these days. I like the old-school country feel of Kacy and the doo-op feel of Meagan.
What I'm wearing?
It's summer. I'm either in sweats, a maxi dress, or a swim suit. I don't do shorts. I may or  may not repeat outfits throughout the week.
What I'm doing this weekend?
There's no definite plans yet. I really would like to take Mr. B on a nice date. I'm thinking a Fondue restaurant and a movie and/or mini golf. I don't care for movies, but he's been asking to go to a movie for a while. He's been super awesome these past few weeks. I really want to treat him.
What I'm looking forward to next month?
Our 5 year wedding anniversary is July 17. We are going to Riviera Maya, Mexico and staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. It's an all-inclusive resort. I splurged and got us the upgraded room. Last summer's Dominican trip was fun, so we're excited to leave the country again to visit the Caribbean.
What else is new?
I've stayed surprisingly busy so far this summer. Yesterday I thought I would spend the day at home and read, watch some TV, do some work around the house, and get dinner on the table at a reasonable time. Nope. Got a text from a friend around 9am asking if I want to go shopping. Yep! I managed to squeeze in a quick workout before heading out with her and her sweet baby for an all day shopping affair. Oh, well! Maybe Friday I'll manage to stay home (except for errands) and get stuff done.
What we're doing for the 4th of July?
I don't know what we're doing on the actual 4th, but on the 3rd I'm going to a 1 year old birthday party. That evening we are going to a friend's house from church for a cookout and some fireworks. Maybe we'll hang out with Mr. B's parents that Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I've been surprisingly busy this summer too! How in the world is almost July???? And YAY for #dreamteam tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout. Super excited about Gabs birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shoutout. Super excited about Gabs birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shoutout. Super excited about Gabs birthday!!

    ReplyDelete