Monday, June 1, 2015

Re-capping the busy weekend

Summer is almost here! Our weekends are getting busy, but fun. Here's what the Browning's did this weekend:

Friday: I was happy to be one more day closer to the end of the school year. After Thursday's field day, I was exhausted. Friday was pretty laid back in the classroom. I took the day to finish my testing while I had a sub in with my kids. I finished all the paperwork, testing, grades, and data entry. I had a nice leisure lunch with my teammate who was also testing. That bacon bleu burger at Boomer Jacks is legit! After work, the whole first grade team went to our teammate's house for drinks, snacks, and fun teacher talk. The amount of laughter that happened that evening is insane. I absolutely love the ladies I work with. They make any day bright! I didn't leave until 8:30 that evening. Yeah, it was that fun!

Saturday: Since I stayed out late Friday, I was not able to do my weekly grocery shopping. I had to bump that to Saturday morning. That also means I had to go solo since Mr. B was working. I opted to forgo my trip to Sprouts and just hit up Kroger. Spent less than $50....#win. I had to carry in and unload all by myself. I used the rest of my afternoon baking cookies for game night, doing laundry, and cleaning up the house. Laundry day is usually Sunday afternoon, but my Sunday was busy this week, too. Saturday night we had game night with friends from church. We had a great time visiting, laughing, eating, and playing Taboo. So the word is "telephone". The first clue given is "everyone has this in their pocket." The majority response from most of the room: "A GUN!!!!" You know you live in Texas when......

Sunday: I taught my last Sunday morning Bible class for this quarter. I sure am going to miss that class. They were so much fun to teach. Glad I have one more class period with them on Wednesday night. After a great Sunday morning service, I came home to change clothes before heading to meet my twin BFFs for some Greek food and painting fun at my favorite art studio, Art in the Vine. We ate at the Greek restaurant next door to the studio, Alex's Greek Cafe. I've heard their food was good, so I was excited to try it. I'll have to go again with Mr. B so he can taste the deliciousness, too. I had a gyro and their famous fries. Since we were looking lovely, we decided we needed a trio selfie:

Here is a pic of us getting started on our lovebird paintings:

Here is our finished product:

A close up of my painting:

I had to quickly rush to make evening church services. After church, Mr. B and I headed home to relax over a plate of nachos. This has become our Sunday night staple. He makes the best tasting meat. 

Of course, you know I love to leave my blog on a happy Jude the Dude note. Next week I get to see his adorable little face. In the meantime, I'm thankful for the pics that everyone sends me.

No comments:

Post a Comment