Wednesday, June 29, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: June 2016

What we're eating this week:
I'm keeping things light and easy this week because it is way too hot to do much cooking. We did a specialty pizza from Trader Joe's with a tomato/mozzarella salad on Monday. Tuesday/Wednesday we did chicken chef salads. Thursday we are doing Panko breaded tilapia fillets with green hatch chili mac n' cheese (from Trader Joe's) with some baked zucchini. Friday I'm on a liquid/soft foods diet since I'm having my wisdom teeth removed....sad day:(

What I'm reminiscing about:
Our Mexican vacation from last summer. It's nearing our 6th wedding anniversary. This is the time of year we usually take a big vacation. However, this year we opted for two smaller vacations with family instead. But I sure wouldn't mind hanging out in Mexico again.....



What I'm loving:
My summer vacation. I haven't been sleeping in since I'm still choosing to do my 5 AM workouts to avoid the heat. However, I do manage to squeeze in a 2 hour nap after breakfast. I'm able to relax, read, blog, and hang out with friends.

What we've been up to:
We just got back from out trip to Austin to visit Mr. B's family. We hit up Schilliterbaun while we were there. I got the most wicked sunburn on my legs. I'm still suffering. I'm in the itchy peeling stage. I've got alligator skin. Aloe lotion is my best friend right now.

What I'm dreading:
Getting my wisdom teeth out Friday. I've been putting it off for a couple of years now. I have to have 2 pulled and 2 surgically removed. My dentist said I shouldn't be in much pain. I feared my root canal 2 years ago, and that didn't turn out bad at all. So hopefully he is right about his procedure, too. Let's be honest though.....what I'm really concerned about is the fact that I won't be able to eat because #foodislife

What I'm working on:
I've been working on completing my paperwork and getting things ready and official for my new job. I've got to submit my transcripts and letter of service along with my signed contract. I have orientation on July 12th. I'll get my badge and my technology there. I finally have access to my email and the curriculum website. I've been busy researching the expectations and the scope and sequence for my new grade level. I've also been registering for classes that I need to complete. So yes, I'm still doing some work this summer. #teacherlife

What I'm excited about:
 I'm excited for my 100th check-in with CG next Thursday (if all goes according to plan)! I can't believe that I'm already at 100. Where has the time gone? Didn't I just start yesterday? I can't believe all I've accomplished since January. I'm running a mile in 11:56 (this is great for me, a non-runner), using 15-20 pound weights, and doing almost everything non-modified. Who is this workout beast? I like her.

What I'm watching/reading:
Game of Thrones concluded on Sunday, so I'm sad. The Bachelorette is still on, but it's boring me this season. I think I'll go back and re-watch the first season of Game of Thrones. I'm also mildly obsessed with the Tudor Dynasty, so I may or may not be binge watching The Tudors for the third time.....
I'm about to start reading "The Kitchen House" like in minutes, as in when I finish this post. I refuse to let this book sit on my table another three weeks without being read. I'm also reading The Lunar Chronicles. I'm on book 2 in the series. I'm also continuing in my "A Shade of Vampire" series. There's like a million books in it, so it's hard to keep up.

What I'm listening to:
Much of the same things....Spotify and Podcasts

What I'm wearing:
Comfy clothes. It's hot. Although, I can no longer stay in my workout clothes all day. I just get too sweaty in the mornings. I have to take them off immediately and shower before I even eat breakfast.

What I'm doing this weekend:
We have a 4th of July party to go to on Sunday evening, but I don't know how much enjoyment I'll get out of it since I'll probably be in mild pain due to my oral surgery. It saddens me because I love party food. Because again....#foodislife

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Our Del Rio vacation with my family. It's been two years since we've been. This time it's just going to be my parents, Jude the Dude, Mr. B and I, and of course my aunt and uncle. It'll be nice to have some adult relaxation time and get to play with the nephew for a few days, too. At the end of the week, we'll be going to stay with my parents because we are celebrating my grandpa's 85th birthday that next weekend. I'm excited to see family that I haven't seen in a while.

What else is new:
The newest thing is my new job. I start working for Northwest ISD as a third grade teacher this fall. I'm super excited for this new opportunity. I'm also excited for all my friends who are starting new adventures in their careers this coming school year, too. Also, Mr. B is getting some career advancement, too! We are being truly blessed this month:)

What is my favorite 4th of July tradition:
I can remember when we were kids when we always had a huge BBQ with friends down the street. When it got dark, we would go out by the storage sheds and pop all kinds of fire works. Those were good times. Nowadays, you pretty much have to search for a firework show being put on somewhere if you want to see fireworks. Such is the city life I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment