Monday, June 20, 2016

Weekly Recap and TT Results

Well, Total Transformation came to an end. I cried when I got my final results. I lost 3.5 pounds, but it was muscle mass and not fat. In fact, I gained a 1/2 pound of fat. Apparently, I didn't eat enough calories on some days. So, I tweaked my macros and my calorie count after my test results. I'm not worrying this week about it since I'm on vacation, but when I get back and start a new camp it's time to get intentional. This will just take some patience on my part and tweaking to get the right formula down for me. The important thing for me to remember is that the numbers don't matter as much as you think they do. They're just numbers. What matters is how you feel on a day to day basis. I feel great. I feel strong. I feel more confident.

Of course I'm going to include a pic with my squad....or at least some of them. We were missing our 2 other CG teammates this week.

#fitcouplefolife
So thankful that Mr. B works out with me daily and we have each other as a support system!

Here is one of my recipes that I ate this week. I ate this 3 days in a row. I like repetition. It keeps me on track. These are my healthy nachos. I'll post the recipe in my "What's Cookin?" page. They're delicious and filling. They can also be mixed and matched in several different ways to accommodate different tastes.

So as of today, I'm sitting at 91 check-ins with CG. When you hit your 100th check-in, it's a big deal. I've decided that when I hit mine, I am treating myself to new tennis shoes and this necklace. 

Last week I went up to school to plan out some things with my team. While I was there, I decided to take some shots of my new room so I could see what I had to work with. Here are some shots of my new digs this fall.
I like how the projector is on the ceiling and not on a big ugly cart taking up space. I'm also a fan of that storage cabinet! I've got 2 white boards each bordered by a bulletin board. This is the view when you walk in the door.

This is the door to the hallway. I like the extra bulletin board. To the left are some lockers.

Here is the rest of the view of the lockers. There won't be enough for everyone, so they will be 2 to a locker with the rest for storage space. I also like the wall space above the lockers. A great place for anchor charts.

I'm thrilled that I have a window. I've spent the last 7 years in classrooms with no window. That closet you see houses the heating unit...I think. In any regard, it's not additional storage space. That other cabinet to the left is a great storage space.

This is the back of the classroom. I love the tiled area and that there is a sink. I also like the double books shelves. The over head cabinets are also great to put things out of reach. The far left cabinets are pull out cabinets that will be great for storing paper and other supplies for the students to access.

I can't wait to start decorating this space and making it my own! I'm ready to welcome my sweet third graders in August!

I'm so proud of myself! I've finished two books so far this summer! I got both these books of Anne Bogel's Summer Reading List. Once I got started with both these books, they were hard to put down. I admit, it took me a little to get into them originally. I don't really know if that was due to the books, or due to my desire to sit and read when I could be sleeping or watching TV. Anyway, I'll have my thoughts about these books up on my "Bookworms Only" page.



This week we head to Austin/ New Braunsfel for our first of 2 vacations this summer. I plan on picking up another series that I've been reading over the past couple of years. These are on my Kindle (I just bought a Kindle Paperwhite!) and will be easier for me to transport. This series is hard to keep up with because if you take a small break from it, the next time you pick it up again there are 10 new books added to it. I'm just thankful that they're quick reads once you get started. I believe I've mentioned this series on my Bookworm page. I've got another paperback book that I could start reading if I wanted to.......









No comments:

Post a Comment