Thursday, June 16, 2016

Getting Summer Ready

I survived another week of school and the first week of my 4th camp with Camp Gladiator. I have 5 more weeks of school to go before summer break. I couldn't be more ready. I love my class, but I'm ready for some summer fun. I'm already making plans to fill my time. It includes a couple of trips to Lubbock, a family reunion, my grandpa's birthday party, a trip to Austin and to float the river, a trip to the lake in Del Rio, Jude the Dude coming to visit, training for CG games, lots of reading, spending times with friends, and just for fun....getting my wisdom teeth pulled!

This week didn't produce anything too exciting. I had a short week since I took a "mental health day" on Friday because #whynot.....

I work late on Mondays (only for 2 more weeks) since I'm coaching Oral Reading for UIL. I'm working with a couple of 6th grade boys. I like that I'm getting the chance to work with older kids for a little bit. They can be fun....in small doses. Our UIL meet is next Saturday, so we've got one more week to fine tune their readings. 

Wednesday I had a super long faculty meeting. This is the meaty end of year meeting where we discuss summer school and retention policies and what's going on over the summer and the following school year. It was officially announced that I'd be moving to second grade if I stayed at my current school. So either way, I get a change next year. My ultimate goal is to get closer to home. Just in case it still isn't my year to achieve that goal, I have something new to look forward to next year. You know that I'm hustling to find a job....
I didn't leave campus until 5:45 and knew I'd need to take the expensive tollway to get home in time for dinner and church at 7:00. So I paid the ridiculous price and made it home around 6:20ish. Then I find out that I don't have dinner ready, so I hightail it to Chick-Fil-A and grab a salad and down it in my car in the church parking lot. Being late makes me so frustrated and grumpy. Poor Mr. B had to endure that.

Friday I thought I'd have a lazy day, but that never turns out to be the case. My sister and her friends came in late Thursday night and crashed at our house so they could get their day in DFW started earlier. They left at 8:45 Friday morning before my TPT came over to dance with me and Shaun T to some Beyonce. We had so much fun getting our sweat on. She enjoyed the workout and wants to do it again when we want to focus on cardio since it's fun. Right after that intense dance workout, she took me outside and killed my legs. Be gone cellulite! She killed my biceps during camp Thursday morning then finished off the rest of my upper body at our private session Thursday evening. Gotta work for those guns. There's definitely some muscle coming in on my upper body. 

I ended up running errands Friday and having lunch with Mr. B at work. When he got home, we went to Menchies (we are obsessed with this place) and grabbed some froyo. We got home and both realized we wanted a nap. We slept until almost 6:00 then cooked burgers for dinner. I ended up getting to finish my book while he watched TV. 

Saturday I woke up and got ready for my track session with TPT. I walked a 1 1/2 miles at the track until she showed up and we got started on the workout. Saturdays are going to be our track days. I'm trying to become a runner and get myself ready for CG games in August. My goal is to be able to run a mile without stopping....something I've never been able to do. She had me doing sprints, ab work, and laps around the track. What I do know is that I'm a fast short distance sprinter. Something else I know is that I'm getting stronger with my core. My planks are getting longer and my form is better. After my workout, I decided I needed a treat. So, I went to Starbucks to get my usual.

I'm such a dork, but #thatsandwichtho

Since I really didn't have anything pressing to do, I decided to piddle around Target for a bit. I wanted to try a new brand of jeans Tiff had told me about and see if I could get in a smaller size. While I roamed Target, I chatted with my mom. I tried on the jeans and was disappointed. I should've known not to go against the brand I normally wear. I refuse to buy new jeans until they are a size smaller. I will just have to go to my usual place and see if I can fit into a smaller size of jeans in the brand I normally wear. While at Target, I stopped in the handbag section to browse. I found a purse I liked on clearance, but I couldn't find a wallet I liked. I told my mom I would just leave empty handed. She then tells me to go to Khols because they're having a sale. She really should be discouraging me from shopping, but I suppose I must obey her since she's my mom. #selectiveobedience
 This is what I walked away with:
Only $34 for the set since they were on sale and I had 30% off

The next thing I'll treat myself to are new jeans (only if I can fit into a smaller size) and new tennis shoes when I reach 100 check-ins with CG. I'm at 55 right now. Over half way.....

I ended Saturday with burgers and relaxation.  

Sunday was a busy day for me, too. After morning service, I met up with my girls for our monthly lunch date. I always have so much fun with these ladies. And we take a great picture. Age has done us well....Our 30's will be rockin'



I had 4th Sunday singing practice before evening service. Then we went to a party after church to get to know our potential new preacher and his wife. 

I finally got my measurements!!! I was pleased with my 5 week progress.
Chest: down 1/2 in.
Hips: down 1 in.
Waist: down 1 1/2 in.
R/L bicep: evened out on both sides w/ 1 in. muscle gain on my left
R/L calf: down 1/2 in. on each
L thigh: stayed the same
R thigh: evened out with L thigh and went down 1 1/2 in.
That's a total of 5 inches lost in 5 weeks. That goes with my 6 pound fat loss, too! I'll take that all day!


No comments:

Post a Comment