Sunday, May 29, 2016

Total Transformation Week 2 and Recap of Week 1

I'm ending week one of Total Transformation on a high note. I stuck to everything this week. I hit my calorie goals, stayed on track with my macros for the most part (Sunday Memorial Day cookout was a smidge off), and I feel great. I'm down 5 pounds since last Saturday. The only real thing that gave me grief this week were allergies. I thought I was getting a sinus infection. I went to Care Now Sunday morning and found out nothing was infected. Just allergies. I didn't think I had them. The doctor informed me that everyone here has them. I guess mine aren't too bad since I only get like this a couple of times a year. Anyway, a steroid shot in the hip had me feeling better in no time. Now if I can get through the night without coughing my head off, I'll be golden.

I stuck to my meal plan this week. We didn't even go out to eat or have our weekly Menchies treat. I found things around the house to make my dinner. I'm feeling really good about my choices this week. I went to workout 5 times this week. I took Saturday off since I just wasn't feeling well. I didn't feel too hot on Friday morning, but I have goals and I'm not letting a cough and a thunderstorm get in the way of them. I might not have moved as fast as I would've liked, but I was there and I got it done anyway!

Here's a look at what I've mapped out for this week:

This is my last week to work. I'm off on Monday, only have kids for half the day on Tuesday, then a work day on Wednesday. So I have some flexibility this week.

Breakfast:  I'm going to alternate between the pancakes that I had last week with oatmeal and Ezekiel toast with eggs. It's going to depend on my mood and what I want to cook. 

Lunch: I'm using my Fixate cookbook for more recipes this week. I found an easy pizza recipe that I want to try. I bought some cilantro lime shrimp from Costco that I want to throw on top and serve it up with an Asian salad I bought from Costco, too. Tuesday, we're going out to lunch to celebrate an early birthday for one of our teammates. Wednesday, I think I'll make it home by lunch time so I can cook. 

Dinner: More recipes from my Fixate cookbook. A delicious looking Mac n' Cheese with broccoli and chicken will be happening in my life this week. I also found some delicious looking chicken kabobs that I want Mr. B to grill up. I'm thinking of serving those up with some baked sweet potatoes for me. I may throw a spinach salad together, too. 

Snacks: I'm still loving my Lenny and Larry's protein cookies. I get my sweet fix from those bad boys. I'm drinking my Shakeology before my AM workouts, and I love it! I thought I was going to have to give it up since it had too many carbs for my liking and not enough protein. However, since I re-calculated my macros, I needed more carbs in my diet. I also found PE Science Snickerdoodle protein shake thanks to Tiffany (shout out). It's the bomb.com! I actually prefer it to the ISO 100 I've been drinking. If I'm really in need of a hearty snack, I'll spread some PB and bananas on some Ezekiel toast. 

Workouts: Despite the fact that I really only have to be up early 2 days this week, I think I'm going to do one more week of 5 AM workouts. If I find that I'm able to nap when I get back home, I may continue with them through the summer. Now, if I find myself having late nights (like I'm known for in the summer time), I may have to find an alternate time and just deal with the extra heat. My goal is do attend a double CG session twice this week. I'm not sure when I'm going to be starting up my one-on-one sessions with TPT again. I'm waiting on her busy schedule to calm down. When she calls, I'll be ready. 

I'm hopeful this summer will find me wanting to do more cooking. I already know reading will be in my future. I may try to work on some other blog posts, too. I've also got to start working on our Shutterfly memory book of this last year together. I started this last year. I stole this idea from Leigh Anne (shout out) who's been doing it since her and her husband were married. #wifefail on my part. I'm also working on another one for a surprise for another special person in my life......They just can't know about it yet. 

On the job hunt front: I had another interview Thursday. I thought it went well. It was standard interview questions. I'm still waiting to hear back. I have another interview this upcoming Thursday. Both of these schools will allow me an easier commute to/from work. They will also give me the opportunity to stretch my teaching abilities and challenge myself. Also, I will get to work with older kids. Either second or third grade. I had two great friends at church recommend me to these respective principals. I hope I live up to their recommendation. Especially the one that is coming up this Thursday. I think I'm a little nervous about this one. I feel getting a job at this school will be the ultimate challenge (in a good way) for me! As always, I'm confident in the Lord's plan for me and my talents that he has blessed me with. He will lead me to where he wants me to be. He knows where I'm needed. I'm at peace with whatever decision is made because I know that is where I am supposed to be. 

So here's to another week of successes! Let's take another 5 pounds off and get some muscle gains! Summer 2016, I'm coming for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment