Sunday, May 1, 2016

Conquering New Physical Challenges

I felt like I was constantly on the go this week. I had very little down time it felt like. It started off on Sunday. I wasn't really home at all that day. Between 2 church services I had lunch with the girls then a little get together after services with church friends. I came home, got ready for the next day, then went to bed. 

I was at school until a little after 7:00 Monday night. I had my final UIL practice then went to sit in on interviews for our new second grade team for next year. Mr. B had to work late, so I wasn't leaving him lonely. I came home a little after 8:00, grabbed a quick bite of food from whatever I could scrounge up (chips and cheese), then went to bed. You know I'm not about to sacrifice my morning workouts. 

Tuesday's workout was the worst. For some reason, I was totally on the struggle bus that morning. I was supposed to have a meeting after school, but the weather was supposed to get bad and it was cancelled (actually rescheduled). That means I was able to train with TPT because we don't let a little thing like weather get in the way of our goals! So I did some leg work. More like a booty burn. 

Then the dreaded Wednesday came. That is my least favorite day of the week. However, the workout was manageable, and Vanessa did my lunch duty. I was secretly looking forward to this particular Wednesday since I had a job interview that evening. Sunday afternoon I received a call for an opportunity to interview for a new school opening near me. I've been waiting 5 years for an opportunity to interview for this district. The interview lasted an hour, and I thought it went really well. I still haven't heard back yet, but they said it'd be a couple of weeks. I'm at peace with whatever decision is made. God will put me where he thinks I need to be. 

Thursday I decided to have my track day after a long day at work. I was supposed to do my track workout on Friday, but it was supposed to storm again Friday afternoon. I asked TPT to switch up my  workout. When she shows up she informs me I wouldn't like the workout. I was tired, moody, cramping, and had a back ache. I didn't want to be at that track, but I have goals. She informs me that we are going to time my mile. Say what!? I've never ran a mile in my life. In track, I couldn't even make it around the track once, let alone 4 times! However, I totally dominated that mile! I did a 13 minute mile, only stopping for 30 seconds after the second lap for a swig of water and a short walk before resuming. My workout then consisted of a 5 minute break, 3 laps, a 4 minute break, 2 laps, a 3 minute break, and a final lap (done in under 3 minutes), and a plank!

I really wanted a loaded baked potato from Spring Creek BBQ, but I settled on a salad because it was late and I just couldn't bring myself to order it. We won't even mention the roll that I "might have" ate with my salad. Roll? What roll? If it isn't in My Fitness Pal, it didn't happen.....right?

Friday it did indeed storm. I got caught in it on my way home. Luckily, I was almost home when it hit. It was a garage weight workout for me. Since I was doing low reps, TPT thought I should go ahead and use Mr. B's 20 pound weights. Those 15's just looked too easy. We all know I'm taking a pic of that greatness! 
Straight beast mode! The gun show is coming. 

Saturday I had to work all day at the UIL meet. I came home and went grocery shopping, had some Menchies (so obsessed) for lunch, then went to get a new phone. We won't even talk about how I lost all photos post late 2013. Thank goodness so many of them were uploaded on Facebook or on the blog. The only ones I was really bummed about were my before/after pictures that documented my weight loss journey. Guess I have to start fresh with Total Transformation. Mr. B made burgers for dinner, and we finally got to watch some TV. 

Sunday was a day of relaxing....finally! I went to church for both services and watched my shows in between. We are letting Mr. B's parents use our car this week, so we transferred our CG gear to my trunk. It was too funny not to capture the sight......
You think we may be addicted? At least we have no excuses. The weights are always with me.

Just 4 more weeks of school left before summer break (all the praise hand emojis)! I'm packing up my room regardless. I'm either moving down the hallway or moving schools. I've got HIIT week coming up this week at camp! Time to make some fat cells cry with all the work that's about to go down at 5 AM this week! #getswoll



No comments:

Post a Comment