Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: May 2016

What we're eating this week:
I'm on the nutrition wagon hardcore these next four weeks. I did a body fat analysis, and it was a sad, sad day. So, I'm eating recipes from my 21 Day Fixate Cookbook.

  • Breakfast: Kodiak peanut butter pancakes with yogurt butter, maple syrup, nonfat Greek yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries
  • Lunch: Chicken salad, corn tortillas, garlic hummus, mixed bell peppers
  • Dinner: Chicken stuffed bell peppers 
  • Snacks: Quest bars, Lenny & Larry protein cookies, Shakeology/protein shakes


What I'm reminiscing about: 
I've been thinking about my first CG camp. I started Camp Gladiator back in January thanks to my friend, Pam, giving me a free pass. I was hooked from the first day. By the second week, I had Mr. B hooked as well. I just started my 5th camp, and I'm loving the changes I've seen. Back in January, I couldn't even complete one warm-up lap without stopping to walk. I was using 8 pound weights. I had to modify almost all the exercises. Now, I can do the warm-up laps. I'm even getting a little faster. I'm using 15 pound weights (and the occasional 20 pound weights). I don't modify the exercises hardly at all anymore (mostly because TPT will threaten my life.......OK, so maybe she'll just call me out. Except for that one time she said she'd trip me if she saw me walking.....I digress). My greatest sense of accomplishment came 2 camps ago when I was able to do the week 4 burpee fit test without modifying the burpees like the previous 2 camps. I did 54 in 5 minutes. This last camp I shattered that record with 65 in 5 minutes. I've even got baby muscles showing.

What I'm loving:
My latest post was all about things "giving me life."

What we've been up to:
I've been job interviewing. We've been working out and lazing around. I'm ready for summer. I think Mr. B is just ready for his vacation in a few weeks.

What I'm dreading:
OK, so real talk for a minute: I'm dreading rejection. I had an interview about a month ago and wasn't offered the job. I'm really hoping that I have better luck. On another note, I'm dreading seeing my spare bedroom being full of all my teaching stuff from my classroom. Just knowing that come late July/early August I've got to go through all that is enough to make my eye twitch. If I was smart (and not lazy like I'll probably be), I'd do a little bit every so often over the summer so the task isn't so daunting when I HAVE to do it.

What I've been working on:
Surviving the end of the school year and packing up my classroom. I've been in the same room for 4 years, and I've accumulated a lot of stuff. I've been packing all week and some last week. Mr. B came up on both his days off this week to take a load of boxes back to the house. I'm packing because no matter what goes down with the job interviews, I'm moving. I'll either get lucky enough to find a job closer to home, or I'll move down the hallway to teach second grade next year. As of today, I'm almost finished. The goal is to be able to load up furniture next Wednesday and be done.

What I'm excited about:
Total Transformation. I'm so pumped to have the nutrition component with CG. I'm going to dominate these four weeks and feel proud and accomplished when I do that body testing again. Results are going to happen. I'm counting my macros and being real intentional about everything I'm eating. I'm on the struggle bus to eat enough, actually.  I'm also excited for CG games coming in August. I'm nervous as all get out, but I've got a fun team and it'll be a challenge to conquer.

What I'm watching/reading:
Most of my shows are coming to an end. I'm in the thick of Game of Thrones. The Bachelorette just started, so I'll be watching that senseless drama for the next several weeks (and salivating over it). My reading game is a little more sophisticated right now. I haven't had much time for reading. I checked out "The Kitchen House" and it sat on my table for 3 weeks. I couldn't renew it, so I will just have to check it out again in a few weeks. I'm actually reading "The Leader in Me." It's based off the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People." It's a great read for any educator. I'm hoping to implement some of the things in the book next school year.

What I'm listening to:
I've got my usual list of podcasts that I'm listening to. One of my new favorites is "Marriage is Funny." I went into more detail about it in my previous post. Also, since the Bachelorette has started back up, so has "The Most Dramatic Podcast in Bachelor History." They recap each episode, and it is HILARIOUS! I also just subscribed to a Game of Thrones podcast where they recap each episode. I'm hoping I like it.

What I'm wearing:
Maxi dresses and workout clothes. School is nearly out, so workout clothes will be my main attire. As in, I probably won't change out of them after I workout. #stinkydontcare

What I'm doing this weekend:
It's Memorial Day weekend. I don't have any set plans (which is nice). I'm sure we will end up at Mr. B's parents' house one day for dinner. I'm totally fine with chilling and catching up on some reading.

What I'm looking forward to next month:
I'm going to Lubbock in a couple of weeks to visit my family. This is a solo trip for me since Mr. B has work. I have a family reunion that weekend. Since I'm going solo, I decided to fly so I could maximize my time there. Well, that and I hate the drive. I can't wait to see Jude the Dude and squeeze his chubby cheeks. We are also planning a trip to Austin/San Marcos/New Braunsfel. We are going to try to recreate our Summer of 2013 trip since we found out I was pregnant right before we left. We didn't get to enjoy as much. That shouldn't be a problem this go around. At least I certainly hope not!!!!   #notready

What else is new:
not much.......

No comments:

Post a Comment