Sunday, May 15, 2016

Another successful camp and other life moments....

So, this shirt arrived this week! I can't believe TPT convinced me to sign up for CG games. I remember hearing people talk about these games when I first joined CG. I laughed to myself saying I would never be able to do stuff like that. Here I am just 4 months later already registered and making that commitment. I'm still less than optimistic about my ability to perform adequately at these events, but a lot can happen between now and the end of August. I've already come such a long way. I've definitely got more in me.

Team Tuff Enuff is ready to get this done! I can't wait until we get our team swag made!!!

I found this little eCard on Facebook the other day. Just replace "gym" with "CG" and that pretty much sums up my thoughts about the morning. I just had to send this to Mr. B. It was just too good not to send it.
I love my 5AM workouts. I also look forward to my recovery week (which is this upcoming week)! As much as I enjoy the early workouts, I don't enjoy waking up at 4:15 every morning. It never gets easier, no matter what time we go to bed.

Since it was the last week of this camp, that means burpee fit test on Wednesday. I used to dread this day, but now I look forward to it. Why? Because I love to try to beat myself. I set my goal and aim to beat it. 
1/27/16: 50 modified burpees
3/2/16: 42 modified burpees (I cried this day. It was a rough week that week)
4/6/16: 54 regular burpees (all the praise hand emojis on this day)
5/11/16: 65 regular burpees (I'd worked so hard since doing one-on-ones with TPT that I just knew I was going to kill this fit test)

So then I found this on Facebook. Yikes! That's about 10 burpees per fry (give or take). I love me a good fry like the next person, but it's so not worth it!
Total transformation is coming, and I'm bout to get serious and conquer this beast!

Another great meme I found this week. This is so me after a leg day with TPT. Walking becomes a challenge. I used to love leg day because I thought it was easier than upper body. Now I am the exact opposite. I like upper body day. I imagine it's because I'm finally seeing some definition in my upper body. 

OK, just one more. A fellow fitness friend I follow posted this great motivational picture on her Instagram. I thought this fit me so perfectly in my journey right now. I'm all about bettering myself, and I love to compete with myself. I'm doing this for me and for the children I want to have some day. 30 is not too old to get your life right. Although I confess, I'm eating jelly beans as I write this. Total Transformation will have me sacrificing for my betterment. I may or may not be struggling with letting go right now. I promise I will commit on May 23rd and give it my all. I PROMISE!!!!

Since it's nearing summer time, and my arms/back/shoulders are looking better, I'm in need for some fun tanks. Here are 3 that I need in my life:

From Milk and Honey Tees: It's based off a Bible verse, but fits me in so many other ways, too. I need this in my life. Come on payday!

From my fitness pal I mentioned earlier. She has her own fitness/boot camp facility in McAllen, TX. She's designing these tanks for her campers. She assured me that friends and family purchase gear from her all the time. So I'll be ordering one of these beauties. 

Another find on Facebook. This one just made me laugh. I mean, could this describe me any better? I really do enjoy the idea of being fit and working my way towards that goal. But the struggle with the food situation is so real. I'm on that struggle bus daily! Again, sitting here eating jellybeans.....

Saturday morning we went to Texas Motor Speedway to participate in the Bubble Run and celebrate Pam's birthday. We were supposed to race at 8, but some weather decided to roll in earlier that morning. Our race was postponed until 9:30. It sounded like a cool concept: running a race and running through colored foam bogs along the way. However, the whole course was rocky, uneven, muddy, and crowded. It was near impossible to run any of it without fear of twisting something on those rocks or slipping in the mud. Not to mention, it was pretty chilly with that storm rolling through. The wind was fierce. Nevertheless, we found ways to make it enjoyable. At the conclusion of the race, we went with our friends for a late breakfast at this cafe in Justin. I had the Justin Scramble. It was "slap yo mama" good. Think open faced biscuit with scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and smothered in cream gravy. My life!!!! We then spent the rest of the day at home doing absolutely nothing. OK, so I did a little laundry. Other than that, we were totally chill.

Early morning on a Saturday, but all smiles and ready to race (or walk)

Our NBCOC race crew! Love that we have great church friends that share our interests! Blonde birthday girl in the back!


Mr. B and I paused on the last bubble bog to take a quick selfie with the bubbles!

Since it was group meeting Sunday, Mr. B had the day off. We had to pose for a Sunday selfie. I sure do love it when he dresses up. He cleans up so well:)

We have 2 more weeks of school. I will survive! I'm so excited to get my summer started. I did find out that my potential job offer wasn't going to happen. I was very disappointed. I was looking forward to being closer to home and having this new opportunity. However, it was nice to know that my future teammates, while sad for my lost opportunity, were thrilled that I was staying so I could work with them next year. It made me feel wanted and appreciated. It'll be exciting to work with this new group of ladies next year. I also feel my students knew that I needed some love that day, too. One little girl made me a book using Mother's Day papers and crossing out "Mother's Day" and writing "Browning." Another girl made me a card at home saying she was glad that she knew a teacher that was "as pretty and smart as her." That was a direct quote. Her mom said she spent 45 minutes on that card at home the night before. She even completed it with a red/black envelope. I've trained my kids so well! One of my little boys who has had my heart from the beginning of the year through all our ups and downs wrote a sweet story about me in his writing journal. These kids! Just when you think you can't take much more, they go and show you why you're here and that you matter to them. 

I don't know what next year will bring, but I know that I'll be where the Lord wants me to be using the talents he has blessed me with.










No comments:

Post a Comment