Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: April 2016

What we're eating this week: I got a roast on sale from Sprouts a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to cook that in the crock pot, shred it, and add BBQ sauce. We're eating beef tacos this week with feta. Thursday, Mr. B will head to Fresh Market and pick up another round of gourmet burgers for the Thursday Little Big Meal of the month. Those are so good! I'm about efficiency these days.

What I'm reminiscing about: This little toot right here!


I mean, when did that sweet little girl go from playing with Baby Bop and dollhouses, letting me dress her up in construction paper costumes, and imitating me putting on makeup with a mirror and a plastic hamburger bun to this lovely young woman of 20!? Wasn't I just changing her diapers yesterday? 
She's rocking that Younique makeup I gave her as a birthday present.

Now, she's a mama to this adorable little chunky dunky. This just doesn't seem to be possible. 
Like, I knew we were 10 1/2 years apart, but her turning 20 this month hurt! I remember when I turned 20. That was a few years ago, right? I can't even with all this! #gettingold


What I'm loving: So, Younique came out with tinted lip balms recently. I finally got my hands on one, and I'm OBSESSED!!! It goes on so smooth and has just the right amount of color and shine. If I want a bolder lip that's long lasting, I put the tinted lip balm over my lips after I've colored my whole lip in liner. That liner lasts all. day. long.
The best tinted lip balms come in packs of five.
I've got the cherry cobbler color. I'm wanting to eventually get all 5, but I think raspberry cheesecake will be next.
We're also loving Menchies Frozen Yogurt. We went to the new one by our house a couple of weeks ago. It's probably going to become a weekly thing for us (except when I'm doing my 3 weeks of crazy). I love their flavor combos. So far, I've had Pecan Praline Cake Batter and Salted Caramel Cheesecake. I wasn't complaining either time. 

What we've been up to: We've just been working and exercising. We're going to CG 5 times a week. We are strictly 5 AM campers now on a regular basis. Sometimes Mr. B hits up an extra camp one or two days a week in the PM if he's feeling energetic. I don't really have that ability since I do my one-on-ones 3 evenings a week. Other than that, we're doing a lot of couch sitting, TV watching (or he watches TV while I read), and going to bed by 9:00 every night. Occasionally, we spice things up. Just not recently......

What I'm dreading: The last 5 weeks of school. We have to get through 3 days of STAAR testing in the upper grades. It's hard on us lower grades because we have to alter our schedules and not have outdoor recess. Then there's all the end of year testing and conversations about summer school and retention. And let's not forget Field Day. Oh, how I hate Field Day! It's always hot and humid on that day. We are outside all day long, and I HATE  and LOATHE this day!!!!!

What I've been working on: I started my blog about my journey to motherhood. I've been wanting to write about this for a while, but I finally started it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't decided how often I want to post on the blog...maybe once a month or every other week. I may just use it as an outlet for when I want to express my feelings on the matter. I'm also trying to start a Facebook page about fitness and beauty. I want a place to share about my journey to health on a regular basis. I want to have weekly workout challenges for people to participate in and to give me extra accountability and another component to my workouts. I need some burpee practice. I also want to post about my Younique products. I want to do makeup videos and show off some cool makeup looks.

What I'm excited about: Training for CG games coming up at the end of August. We finally have a team of 4 girls who are ready to get busy training. Our team name: Tuff Enuff (because you have to spell it with F's to show you mean business). Our slogan: "Not fast, but not last!" We are still deciding on the most important part of all this: our swag for the event. That's why I kicked Mr. B off my team and made him find a team of guys. If you have a co-ed team, you can't have as much fun with the swag. Let's just say headbands and tanks are in the works. I need a tank top because it's August and I need to show off my baby guns. As soon as TPT gets a list of all her campers that are competing, she's making every Friday training day at camp! There may be Sunday workouts to prepare for games. She wants us over prepared! GAME ON!

What I'm watching/reading: There's nothing really on TV this time of year. I'm only half watching The Voice. Game of Thrones just came back on, so there's that. Now, reading is another story. I recently finished "Eligible: A Modern Re-telling of Pride and Prejudice" by Curtis Sittenfield
Oh, this book was so good! If you like the story of Pride and Prejudice, you have to read this. It was 541 pages. I finished it in 3 days, reading intermittently. It was a quick read. Check out my review on my "Book Worms Only" page.

This is my next read:
This will be on my "Book Worms Only" page when I'm done. 


What I'm listening to: I've recently become obsessed with Spotify. I have 2 playlists currently. I have one with embarrassing music that I like to workout to. Then I just created a playlist of throwback country songs that I love to sing along to. Now that should give people who ride in the car with me cause for concern....or sheer joy because my car karaoke is going to be #onpoint

What I'm wearing: Maxi dress season is upon us. I may start wearing them to work again. Although, most of them are getting too big for me. On one hand, that's a good thing. On the other hand, that means I have to spend more money to get new dresses. #bittersweet
I'm also in workout clothes quite a bit since I'm working out 6 days a week and twice on some days. I got a bunch of free workout clothes from Pam, but now some of those pants are getting too big. One of my favorite pairs of black pants fall down when I run.

What I'm doing this weekend: I have a UIL meet on Saturday. So I'll be working from about 7-2. I think I will reward myself with a trip to Carlos Bakery (Yay Cake Boss!) in Dallas since I'll be in Arlington for the meet. Mr. B is off from work, so he's going to come with me to the meet and we'll head to Dallas afterwards. I had to ask Vanessa (shout out) about good places to eat in the area since she's a Dallas expert. I personally am not a fan of Dallas, but Mr. B and I really want to go to that bakery! We may also try to get new phones since we met our 18 month contract and can upgrade!

What I'm looking forward to next month: This one is easy: THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!!! I mean, summer is right around the corner, and I'm excited for my 10 weeks of freedom. I'm also looking forward to the Bubble Run at Texas Motor Speedway and also getting to celebrate Pam's birthday! I'm hoping to be able to run some of this 5K!

What else is new:

  • I officially found out that if I stay at my current school next year that I'll be moving to second grade. I asked for the move, so I'm excited about it. I'm not excited about packing up my classroom of 4 years and having to haul it all home, but you got to do what you got to do. Although, it's no secret that I'm hoping to get a job at a school closer to home. So either way, I need to move out of my current classroom. 
  • My weight and measurements: both are down after 5 weeks
  • My obsession with wanting to be a runner....I mean, what's the deal with me. I've been dreaming about being able to run a mile without dying. Like, I'm seriously excited about training to run a mile. Who is this Ashley? I mean, I really don't like running, but I really want to be able to be better at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment