Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday- October 2015 Edition

What we're eating this week: I've really been trying out new healthy recipes on my journey to a healthier me! This week we've been eating out a little more than usual and sticking with staple meals. Here's some things I've made the past couple of weeks that are noteworthy foods to try:

  1. Nut butter fudge (for when I need something sweet)
  2. Mexican lasagna
  3. Oatmeal muffins
  4. Chicken burrito skillet
  5. Chicken salad
  6. Peanut butter oatmeal balls
What I'm reminiscing about: Since we just celebrated Mr. B's 30th birthday, it brought me back to the first of his birthdays that I got to share with him...his 24th. He had just got back from a week long trip to Boston. That was the first time we'd been apart for a long time since we'd been together. It was rough for me. Here we are almost 7 years later, and we still don't like being apart for long periods of time.

I made him a stuffed puppy with a leather jacket from Build-A-Bear and made frames with pics of us. I just changed out those pictures in those frames a few months ago with recent selfies. They're hanging in our hallway. 

Such a sweet girlfriend! I made his cake for him:)

We were so young!

He'd always wanted a leather jacket he said. Being the cool girlfriend I was, I made one of his dreams come true:)

What I'm loving: My Shakeology! I've tried the chocolate and the vanilla. Chocolate is my favorite, but I've enjoyed the vanilla more than I thought I would. I've also had the opportunity to try the Shakeology energy boost. I definitely feel the extra boost of energy! I've tried other shakes before, but these really are amazing! There's so many different recipes to try with each flavor, so you never have to have the same shake daily. Experimentation is so much fun. I made a pumpkin pie shake: 1/4 cup water, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 Tbls pecans, 1 Tsp maple syrup, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 scoop vanilla shakeology, dash of cinnamon. AMAZING!!! I'm loving my healthy  journey and the results I'm seeing!

What we've been up to: We just celebrated Mr. B's 30th birthday!



What I'm dreading: The end of the six weeks and all the testing! There's so much to get done at the end of each six weeks. On the bright side, the 3rd six weeks is one of my favorite times of year to teach. Thanksgiving and Christmas activities!

What I'm working on: My health. I'm on week 7 of my journey. I've been doing weekly blog recaps of what I've been eating (the good and the bad) and my workouts. This is a lifestyle change I'm trying to make before I try to get pregnant again. I love the encouragement that I'm receiving from my friends, family, and Mikah (my Beach Body coach). It's definitely work. I'm working on trying to say "no" to my nut butter fudge. Why it gotta be so good?

What I'm excited about: My Beach Body workouts and the results I've been seeing. I've been doing Cize (dance routines broken down move by move) and PiYo (combination of pilates and yoga). I've ordered the 21-Day Fix and plan on starting those workouts when I finish the PiYo circuit. Check out my recent haul!

What I'm watching/reading: Since it's Fall TV season, not a whole lot of reading going on. I do have a book on hold for me at the library that I need to make time to read. There's something on TV every night that we watch. Our DVR overflows with programs. Some new shows we're watching: Gradfathered, Truth be Told, and Supergirl.

What I'm listening to: Singers on The Voice....one of our many TV programs.

What I'm wearing: This past weekend was finally cold enough to bring out the boots, scarves, leggings, and sweater dress. It was short lived since the rest of the week has been in the 70s. Get ready....that's going to be my go-to outfit this Fall/Winter. Since it's Red Ribbon week at school, we are doing themed dress up days: Wear red on Monday, dress crazy on Tuesday, PJs on Wednesday, super heroes on Thursday, orange/black on Friday.

What I'm doing this weekend: There's a Halloween party that we may go to if Mr. B manages to get Saturday night off. However, I may end up spending the evening handing out candy with Mr. B's parents after I watch the Tech game. It's supposed to be a rainy weekend, so maybe I'll read.

What I'm looking forward to next month: Thanksgiving and seeing my family! That includes my adorable nephew, Jude the Dude.






What else is new: Nothing is new since I post anything noteworthy on the blog. Right, Swarbrick?

What's your favorite Thanksgiving recipe: Daddy's homemade dressing. Since he's requested Mexican food for Thanksgiving this year, looks like I won't be enjoying that dressing. However, he also makes really good Spanish rice....so maybe he'll indulge me???

1 comment:

  1. Shout out, whoop woo! Loved your look back at Cooper's 24th birthday & Jude is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete