Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 6 Healthy Living Check-In

I'm finishing up week 6 of my journey. The thing I'm most proud of this week is my workout commitment. I worked out Monday-Saturday this week. I told myself on Sunday that I was going to re-commit myself to PiYo and follow the calendar. I did. Friday is a rest day on the PiYo calendar. That didn't mean that I rested, however. I took that opportunity to revisit my favorite Cize workouts with Shaun T! I normally don't workout on Fridays since I do all my grocery shopping that day. I was feeling motivated (and a bit guilty due to my week), so I pushed play. It was only about 20 minutes, but I got something in! I managed to talk Vanessa (shout out) into working out with me this week. Working out is so much more fun with friends. Mikah and I messaged each other daily to hold each other accountable for working out. This helped me so much. When I have her checking in on me, I know I need to push "play." I don't want to let her down or myself down. 

This week was a bit challenging food wise for me...again. I made some nut butter fudge and became addicted. I made about 3 batches this week and ate. it. all. #sorrynotsorry #blameitonladytime
I got greedy Friday night when I was like, "hey, let's make a double batch...again!" I must have done something wrong because it didn't set right and was really sticky. It was all kinds of stuck on the wax paper. I just had to face the fact that if I wanted to eat it there was a real possibility that I'd be eating some wax paper with it. #notabouttowaste
Saturday morning I decided to just eat what was left and realize this was punishment for being greedy. No more nut butter fudge....this week. I shall choose another snack to make and TRY not to be so greedy with it.

I survived Sunday's potluck dinner after church. I made the Mexican lasagna to take so I'd have at least one thing I knew was OK for me to eat. As it turns out, there was a few good options for me there....including a salad with balsamic dressing. I just took small portions (about 2-3 bites worth) of a few dishes. When it came to dessert, I just stole a couple of bites from Mr. B's plate. I notice that these days it doesn't take much to fill me up. #nonscalevictories

We also celebrated Mr. B's 30th birthday this week. His parents always cook for him on his birthday. He always requests chili. I had a small bowl with 1 piece of cornbread and a sprinkle of cheese. 1 bowl was more than enough for me. When it came to the cupcakes, I ate 1/2 and gave the rest to Mr. B. Saturday we are going to Risky's BBQ in Sundance Square for a surprise birthday party for him. He thinks it's just me and him. Nope! I've got a few surprises for him. I've already scoped out the menu and decided on a salad. Yes, I'm going to eat some birthday cake. But I know that a few bites is all I need to be satisfied.

Breakfast this week was a win! It was very filling early in the morning.

Friday my new challenge pack came in! I always get excited when these show up at my door. I'm also thankful for my chocolate shakes again. I'm seriously considering becoming a coach to get a discount on these great products and maybe helping others reach their goals like Mikah and Katee have helped me.

My feel good moment this week: Seeing Mikah and Katee's post on Facebook about my journey. I was overwhelmed with all the "likes" and comments I received from friends and family. That just motivated me even more to keep going knowing others were noticing and were proud. Not to mention, I feel so much better these days. I WILL walk into my annual physical in January lighter with better cholesterol. There is no other option. I WILL be healthy before I get pregnant. I WILL do this for me, my husband, and my future children.

Menu review from last week:
Everything I made was a win! I enjoyed the egg white muffins and oatmeal muffins. I think I finally found a way to consume oatmeal without feeling nauseous. The chicken burrito skillet was good, but we messed it up and didn't get to enjoy it the way we wanted. We used the wrong rice and ended up with crunch rice instead of cooked rice. Ruined the whole thing. We ate it for a couple of days, but didn't enjoy it. Next time, we will cook the rice and just mix it in. That's what we did with the chicken. #liveandlearn
The chicken salad was AMAZING! I cooked my chicken breasts all day in the crock pot with water and seasonings. It made a whole bunch of chicken, so I divided it and will make a second batch for this upcoming week. 

I accomplished all of my goals that I set last week. I even exceeding some. 
Goals this week:
  • meal prep
  • continue being diligent with PiYo
  • message Mikah daily
  • snack moderation
  • work out 5 days
Total inches lost in 6 weeks: 7 inches
Total weight lost in 6 weeks: 17 lbs 

On the menu this week:
  • Breakfast will be the same as last week
  • Lunch will be the same as last week
  • Dinner: an assortment of some staple meals-spaghetti squash w/zucchini and ground turkey, canned okra and tomatoes w/brown rice and shrimp, salmon and asparagus
Of course I had to share my Jude the Dude pictures I received this week. This is his Halloween costume this year. He's a sweet pea. Could he get any more adorable!?




Finally, a proud teacher moment. I usually give the kids free choice on Fridays for the last 30 minutes of the day. They can get on computers/ iPads, build with geo blocks, do puzzles, or whatever else they want....within reason of course. This week I had a group of kids ask if they could get my small white boards and markers and use them. I gave them my permission. Later, I observe them playing school with the stuffed animals and each other. They were writing numbers down and putting them in order like I showed them in class. Then I see this girl "teaching" greater than/ less than/ equal to to her "class." I was so stinkin' proud at that moment. This, ladies and gentleman, is why I do what I do. Moments like these make those hard days worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment