Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 5 Healthy Living Check-In

So this week was not my finest week in my journey. I hear that sometimes weeks like that happen sometimes. I mean, I didn't go crazy with my eating. I did slack hard core with exercising. I was just in a blah mood this week and so busy with work. I was definitely off my routine. For me, an off routine really messes with me. I worked out Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. I skipped Tuesday because Vanessa bailed on me due to lack of pants (like how I threw that blame to someone else #shoutoutvanessa). We had a field trip that day, so I was wiped anyway. I went straight home since Mr. B was home. Thankfully, we meal prepped and had dinner ready. I did a minimal workout Wednesday after school, but it hardly felt effective. By the time I got home, I wasn't feeling well. I was super congested and had the worst headache. I opted to stay in the rest of the evening. Since it was my dad's birthday, my family Face Timed me as they sang "Happy Birthday" to my dad and had cake. They gave Jude the Dude some cake....yeah that was too cute not to take screen shots of.

"This looks interesting"

"This is pretty good, and I'm being watched!"

"Now, back to my cake. This stuff is pretty good."

Thursday I worked late. Friday I grocery shopped and picked up my friend's kids. By Saturday, I was just like "Forget it!" I'll just start fresh on Monday. Sunday is potluck day again. When I started my journey, it was potluck Sunday. This time, I won't be bringing my own food. Instead, I'm making a dish that is clean eating friendly. If I want some of the other items, I can have some....just a bite or two though. 

I dropped my first 15lbs really quick. I seem to have slowed down. I'm about to start my final week of my second challenge group. I just ordered the October special from Beach Body. Their 21 Day Fix is on sale this month. For just $10 more I can get a whole new workout DVD and many other tools to help me on my journey. I'm loving the way I feel on this journey. Even though I've hit a minor road block, I'm making better choices on a consistent basis. I no longer crave what I once craved. It's getting easier for me to say "NO!" Now, I didn't say "no" to a couple of roasted marshmallows on our field trip. And....I may or may not have had a few pieces of candy corn this week. If that's the worst I do....then I'm OK with that.

I part of my healthy living journey includes my honey! He's working nights now for a while, so I really enjoy when he's home with me. I couldn't resist a family selfie with our furry children! I love that he supports me...even if he does suggest places to eat that include "Kincaids Hamburgers" or "Buffalo Wild Wings." Why he try to tempt me with wings during a football game? Doesn't he know my inner guy drools at that suggestion...? 

This upcoming week we get to celebrate Mr. B's big #dirty30!!! His mom is making him chili like she does every year. He also will be getting some chocolate cupcakes. Wednesday may turn out to be a day when I take in a smidge of a cheat meal....
Saturday night, he requested Risky's BBQ for his official date night birthday dinner. In the spirit of love, I may have 2 cheats this week. Which means I better get serious with my workouts this week. 

Excited to celebrate my love on his special day. 

Goals for this week:
  1. Meal prep for meals
  2. Re-commit to PiYo...I need to give it a chance
  3. Daily check-ins with my coach to hold each other accountable for pushing "play"
  4. Workout 5 times this week
On the menu this week:

Breakfast:

Lunch

Dinner

Snack

Pot Luck Meal

Last Week's Menu Review:
  • As feared, I still HATE oatmeal. I thought I would try the over night oats with the mix-ins to see if I could change my mind. Nope. Still didn't like it. I tried it 3 mornings in a row. By Thursday, I went back to my staple breakfast. I'm hoping this week that I'll like the oatmeal since it will be in muffin form. I mean, who doesn't like muffins?
  • The egg salad made with avocados wasn't a favorite either. I tried it on the English muffin with a side salad on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday I put it in a salad. Wednesday I was so sad at lunch time because it just looked so unappetizing. Thursday I had left over soup. Friday I had a pita sandwich with turkey and avocado.
  • The Cajun sausage soup was soooo GOOD! This was the one major hit we had this week. It last Mr. B and I for 3 dinners and 1 bowl for my lunch on Thursday. It had some serious kick to it, but was so worth it. 
  • The Greek yogurt frozen snack was also very good. It melts really fast, so I found myself eating it out of a plastic bag with a spoon once it melted. If you love peanut butter (I'm obsessed), then you'll love this.






No comments:

Post a Comment