Saturday, October 31, 2015

Week 7 Healthy Living Check In

I've had a pretty good week. Vanessa decided she wasn't going to do "two-a-days" anymore (boo to you). Now I must workout by myself after work. Monday I'm going to try to get some girls from work to come in and do a Cize routine with me. I sure do miss my dance routines. Tiff and Vanessa made the team lunch on Thursday. We had spaghetti, sour dough bread with garlic butter, and brownies. Because I'm real about everything, I did eat some of that lunch. It's all about the bites! It's OK to enjoy treats from time to time. I just have to limit myself to how much I'm going to enjoy. Did I mention how much I love our team!?

The three of us decided to do the Cowtown 5K in February. Tiff and I took the plunge and registered on Friday. Still waiting on Vanessa (hint hint). I'm going to need those girls to help me train for this. I'm not a runner. Never have been a runner. And I'm quite certain I will never be a runner. I'm willing to try though. We are still working out when and how we can prepare for this. Either way, it's going down February 27! I need a tutu for that. I will run/jog/walk (whatever I manage to do that day) in a tutu...preferably a red one.

I only made one batch of nut butter fudge this week. OK, I lied....I made 2 batches. That's better than a batch a day though. I just love that stuff. I love peanut butter. So the oatmeal balls were a huge hit for me this week. Yeah, those will be making another appearance this week. So easy and so delicious. 

Some friends have shared some of their favorite healthy snacks on Facebook this week and in person. I thought I'd give some a try. I put these on my grocery list this week. 

Swarbrick brought us the plain sparkling La Croix water when she came to visit this week. I liked it better than I thought I would. I enjoy lemon water, so I found this at Sprouts and can't wait to try it.

Mikah posted about this Kombucha soda. I found some at Sprouts to try. I also found Kombucha in juice form, too. The soda was at Kroger and juice at Sprouts. I tried the root beer Kombucha. It was definitely different, but good. Definitely an acquired taste.

Mikah also posted about these Lara bars. I found some at Sprouts and Kroger. There are so many flavors. I tried the pecan pie bar and LOVED it. I bought 10 different flavors. I found them for $1 at both locations. This is my new healthy snack this week.

This has been a life saver this week! Where has this been all my life? I won this little gem in a challenge group that I participated in with Mikah and Katee. I love these challenge groups. They keep me accountable and  motivated. I can lose weight, get healthy, and win prizes. Who wouldn't want to do that!? I just put a scoop of this in my daily Shakeology and have this amazing energy all day. When you're with 20 first graders all day, you need it. 

Speaking of how much I love Beach Body and Shakeology, I finally took the plunge (thanks Mikah) and signed up to be a coach. I knew I loved my Shakeology (haven't missed a day yet) and wanted a discount. If I get to help others along the way, then that's an added bonus. I can't wait to team up with Mikah and Ana for the Fall Challenge starting at the end of November. 21 days of prizes AND we get to get healthy and lose some weight.....yes, please! I'm looking for friends who want to come with me and get busy before Christmas!

I skipped my workout on Tuesday and Thursday this week. I was pretty close to skipping Friday when I got a message from Mikah while I was grocery shopping saying: "Did you workout today?"
Man! Now I HAVE  to workout because my coach just called me out on it. I told her I needed to do double time since I missed 2 days. That means PiYo upper body AND PiYo core. I'd never done the core workout before. It. Was. Hard. Mikah said she'd do both if I did both. Fine. But if it isn't on Facebook, then it didn't happen. I got home, put away my groceries, and did both workouts.
#proof
#facebookofficial
#wheremyabsat
#thickandfit
She called me out. I needed that. You know I made her stick to her end of the bargain since that is what we do for each other. Challenge accepted. Accountability partners are the best. I'm so excited to be on this journey with family. It makes it so much easier.

On the menu this week:
Nothing new. Just repeating some old favorites.
Goals for this week:
  • drink more water
  • work out 5 times
  • check in with Mikah
  • finish new coach training
  • help others

Switching gears: We went to dinner with Mr. B's parents on Tuesday. His mom was so proud to show me what they made. I thought it was so cute! I told her I wanted to take a picture to share on the blog. I secretly want one, too. I just don't want to make it. She also said she was making one for Christmas. I can't wait to see.


I must admit to a splurge experience on Tuesday at Mexican Inn. While I did eat only half my burrito bowl, I had some difficulty stopping with the chips and queso. Granted, it wasn't as bad as I used to be, but I indulged a little more than I would have liked. 

What would a blog post of mine be without a picture of my adorable nephew!!!! He's a monkey for Halloween. I. Can't. Stand. It! Love how cute he is.





No comments:

Post a Comment