Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 3 Healthy Living Check-In

I just have to say "yay me!" for deciding to workout on a Sunday evening. That never happens! I just had the urge to try a new Shaun T dance program when I got home from church. After I did that short 15 minute workout, I decided I wanted to try that second beginner routine again with the music. It's such a fun routine. 

Monday: I was at work from 7:30-6:00. By the time I got home, it was almost 7:00 and I was so hungry. Not to mention I haven't even worked out today....unless you count me having to run 1/4 mile to reunite an older brother with his younger brother to walk home. #imtoooldforthis
I came home and ate my dinner: spaghetti squash, zucchini, asparagus, and ground turkey with a bit of feta and a splash of olive oil/balsamic vinegarette. #yummyinmytummy
It was late, but I made myself push play! I did my intermediate Cize routine for the second time. I was able to hang with it a bit more. I guess that's the point. Boy was I sweaty when I was done!!!! I love that I feel motivated to workout again.

Tuesday: I did a good job eating right today. I had to work late, but I ended up having about 20 minutes to squeeze in a workout. I did a 15 minute "rock your body" workout and 2 dance routines. 

Wednesday: I didn't get home until after 5 and there was church at 7, so I didn't workout. When I got home, I had a huge headache, so I just relaxed. 

Thursday: I had a 12 hour workday, so it was another day of no working out. 

Friday: got my nails done right after work then went straight to the grocery store. Well, actually 3 stores. I didn't finish unloading everything and eating dinner until after 8, so again...no workout. But I still have a chance to hit my 4 day workout week. So glad a pushed play on Sunday. 

Saturday: I woke up feeling not at my best. I was actually considering cancelling my plans for the day. Looks like it was only a 3 day workout week for me this week. It happens. I ended up feeling a little better. I went to watch my Red Raiders lose on a big screen in front of some Baylor fans. The blow was cushioned since I got to hold and feed sweet Caroline a couple of times while I was there. After the game, I met up with the twins at Chuy's for some dinner. I figured, since I was in their hood I might as well have some dinner with them:)

Sunday: I'm still not feeling 100% and have no energy. I actually took a 2 hour nap, and I don't usually take Sunday naps anymore. Even though it was a minimal workout week for me on this third and final week of this challenge, I managed to stay on point with my eating all 21 days. 

These next 3 weeks I'm embarking on another challenge. This time, I will be doing in PiYo along with my Cize workouts. I'll be getting some cardio and strength training in. Time to melt off some inches. Here are my totals for the 3 weeks:

Total inches lost: 
-1 inch in my chest
-1 inch in my waist
-1 inch in my hips
-1 inch in my right thigh
-1/2 inch in my right calf

Total weight loss: 12 lbs.

I'm excited to see what these next 3 weeks will bring. The challenge group has helped me stay accountable and seeing results helps keep me motivated. I already know that this next round will have a few days where I will "treat" myself to something a little extra (a couple of birthday dinners). Since I've been practicing my healthy habits, I hope that I've trained myself to know how to enjoy treats in small doses. The true test will come in a few days....

I can't wait to celebrate this handsome man and his 30 years of life in a few weeks. Are we really turning 30 this year!?


1 comment:

  1. *Some* Baylor fans?! Is that all we are to you? Haha. Way to go this week!!

    ReplyDelete