Monday, July 13, 2015

Weekend Recap

One of the best things in our life right now is the freedom we enjoy to just do things and go places at the drop of a hat (or as spontaneous as my type A personality allows). We decided a couple of years ago that until we have children, we are going to enjoy being together and doing things. We want to take trips, big or small, and have fun dates. Mr. B always takes vacation the week of our anniversary. We've kind of made it a habit to take a trip sometime that week. Well I had this grand idea that Mr. B take the Friday and Saturday off before his vacation (so he could start his vacation 2 days earlier). I figured that maybe we could take a quick weekend trip to Fredericksburg and stay with his brother in Austin. Maybe we could visit San Marcos and browse the huge outlet mall.....Kate Spade bag, anyone? Some people thought it was crazy to take a trip when we were going to be leaving for our big vacation that Tuesday, but we just didn't care. Our thoughts on the matter: "Why not!?"

So, we set out Friday morning around 9am for Fredericksburg.

I decided that I would let Siri be my navigator while I drove. I don't mind driving on road trips if the destination is new. It's those same old road trips that I dislike (road trip to Lubbock....no thank you!). I make let Mr. B have the pleasure of those drives. The trip took about 4 1/2 hours, but the drive was nice. Of course, I was putting on a show in my car with what I like to call "Car Karaoke." Y'all, I'm a rock star in that Honda! Clearly, Mr. B was not my biggest fan.....

My biggest worry upon arrival was not being able to find a parking spot on Main Street. Luckily, I found a decent spot somewhere at the beginning of the main strip of Main Street. Our first stop, Silver Creek restaurant. It was past lunch time, and we needed sustenance.

It was beautiful weather out with a nice breeze, so we opted for an outdoor lunch.

Now, Mr. B is our designated selfie taker, but when he was asked by a table of women next to us to take a group picture for them.....I was concerned for their picture. When he left to go to the restroom, they quickly asked me to retake their picture because they didn't want to hurt his feelings by asking him to retake it. They were so funny while they were trying to rush me to take the picture before he came back. 

Food wise, I opted for their house made chicken salad with fries. It was really good, and the fries were tasty. Mr. B opted for the German fare and got a sausage sandwich with sour kraut. The sausage was so large, it begged me to take a picture of it!

After walking around a while, we stopped into a little ice cream parlor with an old time diner feel called Clear River.

We decided after all our walking, we deserved so nice, cold home made ice cream. It was getting hot out there! He opted for pecan praline and I got chocolate hazelnut.

After all our walking, I did make one lonely purchase.....
#ofcourseidid #wreckem

I thought this would look great in my classroom this year. I'm really thinking of going all "Tech'd" out in my room this year.

When we were done exploring, we made the 1 1/2 drive into Austin. We stopped at Bill Miller's BBQ for some dinner.

We spent Friday evening and Saturday morning hanging out with Mr. B's brother and his family. We hadn't seen them since Christmas. We opted out of the drive to San Marcos. I knew we wouldn't be buying anything anyway, and I knew it would be crazy on a Saturday. Ahhhh....Kate Spade bag, I'll see you for my birthday.
I actually started to not feel too well, so we made the drive back home. Since there was a ton of construction on 35, the drive took 1 1/2 hours longer than usual. I was ready to be home. We ordered pizza and I continued to watch more of my movies from the "Love Comes Softly" series that I bought.

Sunday we went to church then went to Kroger to get something quick for lunch. I had an afternoon appointment with #Bon @ #qspanails to get my vacation mani/pedi. Then it was back to church. Sunday night, Mr. B made pancakes, bacon, and eggs. I watched more of my movies. It was a fun weekend. I'm glad we can do little things like this. I love the time we get to spend together. Now we have one day to finish preparing for our trip! We leave for Mexico on Tuesday. Stay tuned for those adventures......

1 comment:

  1. Yes to all the traveling & day trips!!! You will never look back and regret going too many places ;) Happy vacation week!

    ReplyDelete