Tuesday, July 21, 2015

5 Years of Wedded Bliss

I know I'm a few days late, and I totally forgot that I wanted to do this post, but here it is anyway. About a month ago, my friend Leigh Anne celebrated her 5th anniversary and did this cool post about their Top 5 things. I told her I wanted to steal it when it was our anniversary. She asked me just yesterday where my Top 5 things post was. I told her I totally forgot about it!!! #stillthinkingaboutmexico #postvacationprobz
Side note: I also found out yesterday that she and I got engaged just a few weeks apart AND got married just a few weeks apart, too. We won't spend too much time mentioning the fact that her and her hubby are a few years younger than Mr. B and I........

So anyway, here it is.....

Mr. B and I have been together for over 6 years, but married only 5. We've had our ups and downs just like any couple, but I can honestly say that we've had a happy marriage. I just love this man so much and am constantly amazed at how happy I am with him on a daily basis just doing life. For this post I'm going to share my top 5 things about him in a few select categories then ask him to do the same. First, how about our favorite wedding picture:

Top 5 Memories

His:
  • Interacting with dolphins on our honeymoon in the Bahamas
  • Walking around Sundance Square at Christmas time
  • Our first kiss by the pool at her old apartments with the stars overhead
  • On the 4th of July when I told her I was in love with her for the first time
  • The day we got married

Hers:
  • Our first date to Sundance Square going around town and losing our car in the parking garage. To this day, we always park in the exact same spot to ensure that it never happens again.
  • Studying the Bible together and him being baptized into the church
  • July 4, 2009....him standing up in his game room with fireworks going off as he told me he loved me for the first time
  • Buying our first home 
  • His proposal: dinner at PF Changs, horse and carriage ride around Sundance Square, proposal in front of the Christmas display with a photographer

Top 5 Places We've Traveled Together

His:
  • Bahamas
  • Dominican Republic
  • Mexico
  • Austin
  • Fredericksburg

Hers:
  • Bahamas
  • Dominican Republic
  • Mexico
  • Austin
  • Del Rio

Top 5 Areas We've Grown In

His:
  • Gained maturity and a better worth ethic
  • I've grown as a man by learning to be responsible and taking initiative
  • Cooking
  • Trying new things, like eating mushrooms, or even beans if it's really hidden
  • My desire to read and learn

Hers:
  • being more patient and understanding with each other
  • prayer together
  • finding common interests and pursing them together
  • communicating with one another
  • accepting what is and letting God be in control
Top 5 Things We Love About the Other

His:
  • The way she laughs
  • The way she just busts out in random song
  • She lights up a room when she walks in it
  • Her beautiful blue eyes
  • Her humor, she always makes me laugh
Hers:
  • His willingness to do anything you ask of him. He's very helpful and never complains.
  • He's very affectionate and always showing and expressing his love for me daily.
  • His handsome looks. I melt at that smile and those big green eyes.
  • His infectious laugh. Just listening to him laugh with all he has makes me laugh.
  • The way he takes care of me: he always makes sure that I have everything I need, that I'm feeling OK, that I'm comfortable....he always puts others first

Top 5 Things We're Looking Forward To

His:
  • Being a father
  • Going to Europe
  • Getting an Xbox 1
  • Seeing the new Star Wars movie with my wife (this is the wife speaking: no way, no how!)
  • My 30th birthday
Hers:
  • Traveling to Europe
  • Starting a family one day
  • Celebrating the big 3-0 in NOLA over Christmas break
  • Future painting classes
  • My new Kate Spade handbag that I'm getting myself for my birthday/Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Love!! And impressed with how quickly yall got this done - it took us a week to come up with some of our answers ;)

    ReplyDelete