Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday: July 2015 Edition

I look forward to the last Wednesday of the month so I can do this post. Or if you're like my over zealous blogger friend who shall remain nameless (ahem....Leigh Anne), you could write yours 2 weeks early (insert wink face emoji here).

What we're eating this week:
I'm actually embarrassed to answer this questions because there is nothing of importance to mention. It's so hot out that we don't want to cook. Also, it's VBS week at our church, so we're busy every night. We've been eating left overs, snacks, and going out.

What I'm reminiscing about:
July 17 we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I've been thinking about our past anniversaries and how we've spent them. I've only been blogging for a couple of years, so I don't have them all documented. Here are some posts on the past 3 anniversaries I do have documented:


What I'm loving:
Summer break in general. I love that I can sleep in until 9 or 10:00 and just pick what I want to do for the day. I can go to Target on a whim, binge watch Netflix, blog, read, hang out with friends, or just anything. I'm not loving the hot temps though.

What we've been up to:
This has been a busy summer. We just got back from Mexico a couple of weeks ago. We've had a full schedule (or at least I have) since we got back. I've been hanging out with friends, making kolaches, shopping, and this week is VBS week. It's actually my last week with absolutely no work/school related things involved.

What I'm dreading: 
August and September. While I welcome the end of summer temps (although not so much here in Texas) and the start of football season, this is my least favorite time of year work wise. It's so hard to go back after all these weeks off having fun and relaxing with no demanding schedules. Now it's back to school prep, professional development, and teaching routines and procedures to 18-22 incoming first graders. I'm not at ease until October....that's when I'm finally in my school groove.

What I'm working on:
It's not so much what I'm working on now as what I'll be working on starting next week. I'll be working on getting my classroom set up with red/black and Texas Tech decor (thanks in large part to all my mom's help), back to school information for parents, students, and my team, and lesson planning. Let's not also forget the large amounts of copying and laminating that will need to be done!

What I'm excited about:
OK, so I'm about to show my nerd here, but.....I'm super excited for my Erin Condren teacher planner to arrive!!!! Click on the link above to see the one I chose. I saw a friend on Facebook post about how she was excited to receive hers. I didn't know that Erin Condren made teacher planners. I knew of her life planners but.....imagine my excitement when I went to the website and checked them out! It is a "square" teacher's dream. I watched a couple of YouTube videos of people who walked you through how they used their planners. I was hooked and I totally ordered mine! So many exclamation points in this section because I'm that excited about it!!!!!! I'm sure there'll be a post about it when it comes in. Click on the link below to check out the planners. If you set up an account and order, you get $10 off your order......
https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/ashleybrowning1221

What I'm watching/reading:
Sadly, I haven't been reading much. When I do read, I'm reading a few chapters in "Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas. I'm still doing my daily Bible reading on my Bible app. I also do daily devotionals on www.shereadstruth.com. I just started a new devotional app called First 5 where you commit your first 5 minutes of your day to God and His Word. You can set your alarm to it. I've really enjoyed it so far. As for what I'm watching, well I just finished The Bachelorette. I've enjoyed commenting with my friends this season on the craziness of the show. Bachelor in Paradise starts next. I can only imagine......
I'm also binge watching Gilmore Girls. I'm LOVING this show. I was told that I needed to watch it, so I finally got on board.

What I'm listening to:
I recently added some songs to my "Car Jams" playlist.....mostly Meghan Trainor and Miranda Lambert. I'm also going to try some podcasts when school starts since I have a long commute.

What I'm wearing:
Absolutely nothing exciting. I circulate the same 3-4 outfits throughout the week. This usually consits of capri sweat pants or shorts and a T-shirt. Of course, I also have my maxi dresses for special occasions. This fall I fully intend on embracing (since I've already been buying them) the Palazzo pant trend.....#elasticwaistbandsforthewin

What I'm doing this weekend:
Mr. B is off on Saturday, so I thought we would attempt at painting and redecorating the guest bathroom. This has been on our "To-Do" list all summer. We've just been too lazy to actually get it done. I'm the queen of excuses when it comes to house repairs. #theresalwayssomethingbettertodo

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Since next week is technically next month, I am looking forward for my mom, dad, and baby nephew to come for a visit. My mom and nephew are coming Tuesday night. She's coming to help decorate my classroom. She does this every year. Bless her! My other sister is a first year teacher this year, so my  mom is helping her this week get her room ready. #superteachermom
I told my sister that I kind of felt sorry for my mom having two daughters that were teachers. That's double the set-up work. Not to mention the fact that the baby nephew is sure to be a cute, chubby distraction from the task at hand. Mom, you truly are a superstar this time of year. She always comes through even though I live over 300 miles away. She always makes the trip to come help. She's even doing behind the scenes work at her house now and sending me text updates on her progress. She's going to help me get my files in order. I really couldn't do it without her each year.

What else is new:
Nothing really new to report. I'm now planning our next lil' getaway: NOLA for a 4-day weekend over Christmas break to celebrate us both turning 30!!!! I've been researching deals. I've also been stalking the Kate Spade sale sight for my birthday/Christmas present.....

What I will miss most about summer:
Refer to what I wrote about in the section "What I'm loving".....I'm going to miss all of that when school starts. I'm not looking forward to waking up at 6:00am (because I told myself that I have to start my morning with a 30 minute workout) and then making that 40-50 minute commute to/from work everyday. I'll miss only having to put gas in my car 1-2 times a month. I'll miss eating lunch whenever I feel like it. I'll miss visiting friends (though a few of them will be working down the hall from me) and random shopping trips to Target (which is probably a good thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment