Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4th of July Weekend and What Follows....

We had a fun, but low key holiday weekend. Friday night, we went over to a friend's house for a cookout, games, and fireworks. The hosts prepared a variety of meats, while everyone else brought a side dish or dessert. The food was delicious. Afterwards, we played some Family Feud. I love watching this show and playing this game on my iPad. After this game, a few people decided to go home. The few party people that remained decided to play a card game called Nertz. I've taught many a people to play this game. It's a lot of fun. I remember learning to play this a few years ago. It's my go-to card game. When it got dark, we went out to watch the fireworks display.

Saturday, Mr. B had to work. I spent the day reading and preparing my famous mashed potatoes. When he got home, we loaded up and made the big 5 minute drive to his parents' house for brisket, mashed potatoes, caprese salad, garlic bread, and homemade peach ice cream. We played a game of Mexican Train dominoes to end the evening.

Sunday, Mr. B had to work again. I went to church that morning then came home and binge watched some Netflix and took a nap. When he got home, we went to evening services before heading back to his parents' house for round 2 of the yummy 4th of July dinner. This time, we had homemade vanilla ice cream. We had another round of Mexican Train dominoes....I won a lot that night!

Monday and Tuesday found Mr. B at work and me running around town. I find myself at the library and Target quite a bit. The library isn't a bad deal, I don't come away from there spending any money. Target, on the other hand, is a completely different story. I really had no purpose to go in there, I just wanted to walk around. Yeah, I didn't leave empty handed. In fact, I ended up going a second time on Tuesday night because we wanted to get Mexican Train dominoes for ourselves. I watched the Bachelorette Monday night while engaging in text commentary with my friend Leigh Anne. Both nights, Mr. B and I ended with cards and dominoes. Tuesday we decided to get us a special treat of shaved ice at Bahama Bucks. Of course, we took a selfie to document.
#becausewecan

Wednesday (today) finds me stuck indoors due to rainy weather. I did, however, manage to get a nice walk in. Right when I arrived back at my house after my walk, the rain started coming down. #greattiming
I spent the day reading and working on my blog. Check out my updates! I've added new pages. For foodies, I've got recipes and foods I love posted. For bookworms, I've got books that I've read and enjoyed. I also linked up to my Forever Faithful blog where I post things related to faith. Finally, I have my page that documents mine and Mr. B's story in pictures. These pages are going to be updated as life happens. I have some other ideas for pages to add to the blog, so stay tuned!

Thursday, I plan on staying in and reading, and let's face it, probably more blogging (I'm so addicted...thanks, Leigh Anne). I've also got to do some packing for our upcoming trips and start organizing and planning for our upcoming adventures (because that's what people with type A personalities do....#iamasquare). I can't leave unless all my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed and I've double and tripled checked EVERYTHING!

On my blogging agenda:
  • weekend recap: we're headed to Fredricksburg, Austin, and San Marcos this weekend for a mini Texas getaway
  • Tuesday we leave for our Mexican vacation.....you  know I'll be posting our adventures
  • July 21, I'm going to do a Kolache baking class with our preacher's wife
  • July 24, I'm having my teammates over for some food and girl talk
  • July 26, game night with my friend Vanessa and her hubby
  • July 31, my Dallas play date with Vanessa
Then before I know it, July is gone and it's August....which means, back to work! I'm thankful I've had such a full, fun and busy summer!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of all your blogging work this summer!! And loving the shout outs :) but now I want some homemade ice cream, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete