Sunday, January 31, 2016

Not My Finest Week

I just want to preface this post by saying that while the title suggests that my whole week might have been a total loss, it was not. It definitely started off on the wrong foot on Monday. 

Last Sunday was good, however. After worship services, I got to have a nice brunch with these beautiful ladies. We hit up Winewood Grill in Grapevine since it is the half way point between our polar opposite ends of the metroplex. Misty and I enjoyed some chicken and waffles. My, Oh, My! They were so good!!!! Chicken strips are my most favorite food. We said we really wanted to try to come back once a month to get together. It's such a blessing to have a friendship that spans many years. From the tumultuous teen years, into early adulthood, and now progressing into middle adulthood....it's so nice to do life with these girls!


Monday and Tuesday were really rough at school. I had a student who was testing every fiber of my patience those two days. By Tuesday, I was so physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted that I didn't even go to my CG workout that evening. I just had to sit on the couch and watch some TV. I'm thankful that Mr. B was understanding and supportive of my needs that day. I was ready to go bright and early Wednesday morning at 5:15 AM for CG, though. The rest of my week at school went much better. I felt pretty productive the end of the week.

Friday evening we went to Westside Church of Christ in Irving to their annual winter singing. I look forward to this event every year. It never disappoints. There were almost 500 people gathered together that night to worship our great Lord in song. We met up with some friends from Church at On The Border for dinner before heading over. It was a great end to my work week. 

Saturday, I spent my morning running errands that I usually would do on Friday night. I even had time to relax on my couch before Mr. B came home at 3:00. I really wanted to spend some quality time with Mr. B that night.. We're together all the time, but we don't actually interact because we are busy doing our own thing or just working out. We haven't had a date night in a while. I really don't enjoy going to the movies and spending obscene amounts of money on the movie (which is almost never worth the amount you spend on it) and all the treats. So we went to the library and checked out a couple of movies for free. I got a 3 pack of popcorn for $1 and a box of milk duds for $1. We grabbed a pizza from Costco for $10 and had a movie date on our couch. We rented "Dracula Untold" and loved it! Then we watched "The Spectacular Now" and hated it. I'm so glad I didn't even pay the $1.50 it would've cost me on Red Box. It was that bad. It was such a pretty day that we decided to take the 1.2 mile walk to the library instead of drive. This would give us 2 1/2 miles of walking for our workout.

It's recovery week at CG this upcoming week. So we will have a modified workout schedule. We will be doing our evening CG sessions on Monday and Tuesday. I'll be doing walking, Pilates, or yoga on the other days. I had these great plans to do the double workout routine on the 21 Day Fix DVD until my trainer told me that it wasn't a good idea to continue high intensity workouts when you should be recovering. It can be counter productive. I would've been trying to bump it up a notch this week if she hadn't of told me that. I'll take a week of recovering before repeating the 4 week cycle again next week. I'm getting better each workout. Thursday night my warm-up buddy pushed me to jog both warm-up laps. I didn't think I could do it, but I proved myself wrong. I just needed someone to make me do it. And that's why I love this group!!!

So completely unrelated: I decided to use the remainder of my birthday money on a new makeup trunk. My makeup collection is always growing and my sink looks so cluttered. I found a trunk at Ulta and had a 20% off coupon AND was able to get a $3 rebate from Ibotta. Everyone wins!

Now I have room to add more if I want to....and I do want to.

Coming up this week: I'm getting ready to start my 21 Day Fix journey again. This time, I'm going to help coach a group with my upline. I'm so excited for the opportunity to help others while helping myself. It's time I got strict with my eating again. I've been lazy lately. You can't out train a bad diet, so I have to monitor my food more closely. My lab results were not as I had hoped, so I need to get this under control. I refuse to take medication for this. I will change these results with diet and exercise. That's the natural way to cure most things. It just takes discipline. 



No comments:

Post a Comment