Friday, January 1, 2016

My Favorite Things of 2015

I've never really done a year end reflection post. I guess I'll give it a try. A fun snapshot of 2015...it may even help me with my yearly Shutterfly book that I make in the summer.

January:

The only noteworthy thing I can think of....Murder Mystery Party with an 80's Prom theme

February

a trip to Granbury

Adrian turns 30....the first one

Bonfires in LBK

Snow days

Cuddling on the couch with the pups and many Netflix marathons

Jude is born

March

My first time at the shooting range and to fire a gun

only a few more months working with Swarbrick.....:(

April

the paintings continue

meeting Jude for the first time

More Jude loving

May

A day off together + BOGO Starbucks = midday date perfection

the first of many team gatherings...this one was Kentucky Derby style

painting with friends

The dreaded field day.....

June

My first time at the Sellers reunion since being married

hiking in New Mexico on a familiar trail

enjoying the mountains

and doing it with Mom and Dad

Getting Jude for a whole week!

bringing him on dates with Gabby and baby Caroline (kinda)

Uncle C doing bath time

July

first fondue date

yummy

All. The. Food.

painting with Christy

Mini Texas Day trip to Fredricksberg

Road tripping with my main squeeze

celebrating 5 years of marriage in Mexico

#thatviewtho

beach bummin' it

Hard Rock Hotel #vacationingrich
learning to make kolaches with Ivana

eating the kolaches

 August

"men tell all" viewing with Leigh Anne and Vanessa

game night with Ben and Vanessa (and Leroy)

meeting baby Caroline

the start of my Erin Condren love affair....and teacher planning

my Texas Tech themed classroom

first time catching a murder mystery dinner (we love hanging out with Kelli and James)

yep, more paintings

September

I started my journey to a healthier me with Beach Body and Shakeology #cizeitup

October

Mr. B turns 30

celebrating with family

his baby cupcake

his "not so big" bday cake....when you reach a certain age you only get numbers due to the fire hazard of  multiple candles

celebrating with friends

of course we are in our favorite date spot....Sundance Square

make another wish

November

had to get a new garage door....le sigh

our lipstick was on point

first fire of the season


Jude comes for Thanksgiving

and brings guests

Tech finally beats UT

more painting

my family comes for Thanksgiving

December

buying the annual Christmas ornament

my obsession with Younique makeup reaches new levels

I realize what a 3 month consistent journey looks like!

I go back to short hair for the first time in 5 years!

with a ponytail to prove it

My new hairstylist

Mr. B and I get excited when the Cowboys play the Packers and we can get all dressed up in our fan gear and pretend to hate each other for a span of 3 hours

in a size smaller pants (insert praise hand emojis here)

2nd annual Christmas Light Cruising with Starbucks caramel apple spice (I've got to come up with a more efficient name for that)

The first (of a few) of my 30th bday celebrations #threadlife

#dreamteam


getting ready to celebrate with friends


my beautiful BFF's celebrating with me

Starbucks free birthday drink? Yes, please. #makeitaventi #bdaycaloriesdontcount

Mr. B surprised me with a large cupcake


Yep, we ate it before a 4 course fondue dinner

ready for my night out with this handsome guy


the annual bday pic in Sundance Square

we love this place

meeting baby Owen for the first time

true aunt and uncle bliss

Christmas in Lubbock....my mom cooked it all


Amanda loves her sister selfies

Happy to see my PaPa....and spend time with my daddy:)

Love getting to see my grandparents

Always need a sister pic whenever we're all together. I love how Liz and I are both sitting on Amanda's lap!

I started listening to podcasts in 2015 (thanks to Swarbrick!). The Popcast sounded interesting and was the first one I ever listened to. Now, I can't stop listening to them. It has been a goal of mine to become a "friend of the show." So this post happened....

I must include a pic of me and the hubby getting ready for some NYE festivities. We had a great time!


That about raps up another great year! It's so fun to look back and see what I've done over the past year. I like that I've been a better blogger in 2015. I'm hoping to keep it up in 2016. I'm sure there will be more paintings, more Jude, more couple's selfies, and more adventures. I'm coming for you 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment