Saturday, January 23, 2016

For the Routine Lover

Anyone who truly knows me knows I have a deep love for routines and structure. I'd like to say I'm flexible and "go with the flow", but the reality is I'm just not. That's not to say that I can never be....it just depends on the situation. Most of the time I get highly flustered when things don't go according to plan. I pride myself on my quick adaptation skills, however. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a mini meltdown whenever my plans and routines get thrown off course. I have this strong sense to get everything on my "To-Do" list each day accomplished. My mother-in-law laughs at some of these aspects of my personality. Others just shake their heads and smile and think to themselves, "of course...that's so Ashley." I wonder if it's because I'm the oldest child??? Anyway, I digress....

This week I committed to getting into a firm workout routine. This was my third week in Camp Gladiator. We made that decision to "GO BOLD" as they say. We have 2 trainers that we work out with. We have Robin for our M/W/F trainer. Then we have Steve for our T/TH trainer. I quickly realized that 3 times a week just wasn't enough for me. I craved more workouts. This is a strange concept to me. I hate working out. For some reason, I'm strangely addicted to these Camp Gladiator sessions. My second week I made Mr. B come along for the ride and attended 4 sessions. This past week we attended 5 sessions. I absolutely LOVED it! My 30 year old body is shaking its head at me, but it can shut up and thank me in 20 years when it's still functioning appropriately (hopefully).

I set a goal to go W/F at 5:15 AM and just get ready at work. I successfully met those goals. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. My body actually woke itself up naturally at 4:00 AM Friday morning. I had time to get my quiet morning time in with journal writing and prayer before going to workout. I actually haven't had trouble getting up early at all this week. Today is Saturday, and I was up at 7:00. Could I possibly be becoming a morning person!? (insert wide-eyed shocked emoji here)

I even did well with my food intake this week. I've been hungry more often this week. My metabolism must really be revved up. I've been keeping healthy snacks around and eating every 2-3 hours, going no more than 4 hours without eating. Here's a look at how my week went:

Monday: I was off today....today was a bit different than usual
Breakfast-oatmeal w/ honey, cinnamon, almond butter, blueberries, and green tea
Lunch-salad with left over pluckers chicken and pasta salad
PM snack-beef jerky, Lara bar, oranges
Pre-Workout- chocolate shakeology
6:00 PM CG session with Robin
Dinner while watching the Bachelor/Bachelor Live: Fresh Market's Asian Stir Fry

Tuesday: 5:30 AM journal writing with prayer
Breakfast-oatmeal w/ honey, cinnamon, almond butter, blueberries, and green tea
AM snack: chocolate shakeology
Lunch: spaghetti squash bake, bell peppers, hummus
PM snack: beef jerky, Lara bar, oranges
Pre-workout- almonds w/ chocolate chips
6:15 CG session with Steve
Dinner-stuffed bell pepper
8:00-9:15 quiet reading time with some sleepy time tea

Wednesday: 4:15 wake up with shakeology
5:15 AM CG session with Robin
Breakfast-oatmeal w/ honey, cinnamon, almond butter, blueberries, and green tea
AM snack: almonds w/ chocolate chips and oranges
Lunch: spaghetti squash bake, bell peppers, hummus
PM snack: beef jerky, Lara bar, oranges
Dinner-stuffed bell pepper
7:00 PM Bible study followed by quiet reading time with journal writing (bed by 9:30)

Thursday: 5:30 AM (electricity goes out as I'm waking up)
Breakfast-oatmeal w/ honey, cinnamon, almond butter, blueberries, and green tea (late breakfast)
Lunch: spaghetti squash bake, bell peppers, hummus
PM snack: beef jerky, Lara bar, oranges
Pre-workout- almonds w/ chocolate chips and shakeology with journal writing with prayer
6:15 CG session with Steve
Dinner: stuffed bell pepper
8:00-9:15 quiet reading time with some sleepy time tea (bed by 10)

Friday: 4:00 wake up with shakeology and journal writing with prayer
5:15 AM CG session with Robin
Breakfast-oatmeal w/ honey, cinnamon, almond butter, blueberries, and green tea
AM snack: almonds w/ chocolate chips and oranges
Lunch: spaghetti squash bake, bell peppers, hummus
PM snack: beef jerky, Lara bar, oranges
Dinner: Pollo Tropical-had the Tropichop (brown rice, chicken, red beans, peppers and onions, balsamic tomatoes) and fried plantains (guilty pleasure of the day)
Enjoyed some TV and reading before heading to bed at 10:30

Today is Saturday. I've spent my day doing what any typical routine Type A does.....I paid the bills and wrote out goals and plans for the month of February. My Erin Condren planner is so beautiful for the month of February. I'm also throwing in some laundry, reading, meal prep, and a little TV before heading to dinner with Mr. B's parents at Mexican Inn. Oh, I can't forget my yoga session today. I look forward to that every week. Feels so good.

Finally, some victories I want to celebrate for this week:
1. Thursday night I made it 1 whole lap around the school parking lot without walking
2. While doing many sets of suicide runs in intervals, I never stopped or walked
3. I was able to complete 3 consecutive legit big girl push-ups during interval training.

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!" (I stole that from trainer Steve;)

No comments:

Post a Comment