Saturday, December 5, 2015

What I'm In To...December 2015

I had a pretty boring week this week. It was the first week back to work. I was in my classroom 3 1/2 days and had Math PD for 1 1/2 days. It was nice. We did attend our annual holiday party with all our church friends. It was a fun time like it is every year. Costumes were involved. Holiday characters, best use of holiday decorations, best use of holiday colors, tacky Christmas sweaters, etc. I opted not to participate. I just wanted to wear what I wore to work. #lazy
It was a planned meal. Upon your RSVP, the hostess told you what to bring. I was asked to bring a green salad. I thought it was a waste of my kitchen talent, but it would be easy for me since I probably wouldn't have time to cook. I knew I would catch some major shade from people who are in my monthly pot luck group because they know my cooking. I knew the host of the party would really give it to me when he found out....I was right and then some. I thought Mr. B and I were out of luck with the gift exchange this year. He started out with a star wars crochet kit and I started with Despicable Me 1 & 2 DVD set. There was no way anyone was stealing any of that. However, we were wrong. Due to some married couple's teamwork (or collusion, as many people refer to it), we ended up with some nice Christmas place mats, a dump cake recipe book, and a $10 Starbucks gift card.  Other than that, the week was pretty basic.

Here are some things I'm loving right now:

Podcasts:
I just started listening to these a few weeks ago...thanks to Leigh Anne. Now, I really can't listen to anything else. I have a disdain for modern country music. So I can't do radio. I'm bored with my playlists on my phone...they need a break. I've mentioned The Popcast in an earlier post, but a couple of their earlier episodes really had me laughing. I loved their list of "Nos of Summer" and "The Bachelorette Preview." The preview of the Bachelorette was really funny since I watched it already. I might not have got some of the jokes if I had listened to it when it first aired. Now I'm laughing because I know exactly who they're talking about. I decided to branch out on another recommendation of Leigh Anne and The Popcast, "The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey." I really have enjoyed listening to her. She has some great book recommendations. I've already got one on hold for me at the library. Another podcast that was recommended is "Serial." I think I'm going to give that a try before season 2 comes out. You can find me in #podcastsnobmode on Saturday mornings while I'm running errands.


Music:
When I do listen to music, I'm enjoying Christmas music in moderation since "tis the season." I'm usually on Pandora at the house listening. It's usually when I'm doing something related to the holidays. Last week we decorated, so we listened to some Christmas music. Next week, we're going to look at lights. We'll listen to Christmas music in the car. When we bake and decorate cookies, we'll be listening then, too.

Books: 
Currently, I'm into JoJo Moyes books. She wrote "Me Before You" and I loved it. I waited a long time to finally be able to check out the sequel "Me After You" from the library. I'm almost done, and I'm loving it so far. I'll give my final thoughts on my book blog when I'm done. I also have "Ship Brides" that I've rechecked once already, and will probably have to recheck it for a third time. I do want to read it. I just haven't found the time. Also, I have a book on request from the library by Jillian Lauren: "Some Girls: My Life in a Harem." This was recommended on a podcast. The author was on and talked about her book, and it sounded interesting. I must read it.


Makeup:
I'm totally obsessed with my Younique makeup. My girl, Kilah, is my rep. She's so awesome with posting funny videos and "how-to" videos. I have a nice collection going on now. I even won $100 in free makeup!!!! I've had so much fun playing each morning with my look of the day. Their cream shadows are really awesome!



Drinks:

  • I'm still loving my Shakeology every day. A new recipe I've been drinking: Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Cheesecake!!! It's every bit as good as it sounds. 
  • La Croix sparkling water-I've loved every flavor I've had so far (coconut, peach-pear, lemon, cran-raspberry)
  • My Starbucks treat: Christmas blend with a pump of mocha and a pump of peppermint with a splash of half n' half and a dash of cinnamon and vanilla. 
Art: 
Another successful painting in the books....or in the wall I suppose. And when I'm not painting, mom bought me some adult coloring books and colored pencils for my birthday. 



Exercise:
I know, it seems weird that this would be in my "things I love" segment, but I really do like it....when I've finished the workout. Getting started is my problem. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not an every day workout person. If I can get in 3 days a week, then I'm happy. One goal is to NEVER skip a Monday. I have learned that if I skip Monday, my whole week is shot. This week I did some Cize with Shaun T. I also did one of his On-Demand workouts and a PiYo lower body workout. The goal is to always do more....baby steps.



Jude:
I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.






No comments:

Post a Comment