Monday, December 14, 2015

My Journey So Far

Well, I finally did it. I made myself take a look at one of my full body pictures from July in Mexico and compare it to me now. I put on the same dress 5 months later. Now, my journey to a healthier me wouldn't start for 2 months after that before picture in Mexico. My cousin and fellow Beach Body coach, Mikah, told me I should put that same dress on and see the difference. I wasn't expecting to see anything drastic. I mean, I'm still wearing the same size clothes. The difference is they're just bigger on me. Sure, the scale says 25 pounds less, but what does that really look like on me? Well, here was the result:
I also want to throw in there that the picture in the left was me wearing Spanx and the picture on the right is WITHOUT Spanx! Hello waistline! You've been hiding. I loved that my upper body was a lot slimmer, too. I just can't get over it! I'm still a long way from where I want to be. 40 pounds to be exact. But I'm also a long way from where I started. I'll be honest...I don't workout near as much as I should. I've had a huge decline in activity lately. I've taken on the 80/20 eating mentality that's used for maintaining weight. I've hit a standstill right now. It's the holidays. I make good choices most of the time. But I enjoy what I want when I want it if I want it bad enough. I plan on going back hardcore after the first of the year with the rest of America. I'll be kicking it off with a 3 day refresh to cleanse my system. Then I'll be doing the 21 Day Fix plan and workouts. I look forward to seeing the results. I go back to my doctor on January 8 for my annual check up. I'm actually excited about getting lab work back for once. I don't look forward to my blood being drawn since I'm known to pass out. But I'm expecting good results. January means I'll be ready to try to get pregnant again. I'm proud of what I've done and I'm excited for where I'm going. 

1 comment: