Monday, December 21, 2015

My Flirty 30 Birthday Festivities

It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I LOVE my birthday. I don't care how old I get, I still think it's the greatest day ever. It's probably because I enjoy a whole day that's devoted to me and all the attention. Even though I may tell myself I don't like attention, I feel that's a lie. I think I'm someone who pretends she's an introvert, but just can't help being an extrovert when the situation suits it. If I'm comfortable, I'm as extroverted as they get! Here's how I celebrated the big 3-0!!!

Friday, my team celebrated with me with lunch! This is a little tradition we started 3 years ago. We're foodies, so it was just a logical decision. I love that our 3 previous teammates came to join in on the fun, too! Even though they're gone, they're really not gone. #dreamteam


Saturday night was my celebration with the gang. It turned out like any other night out with the 6 of us, but it was still such an enjoyable time. We discovered we are not as cool as we used to be. We have truly reached "adulthood" and are exhausted by 10:00 PM on a Saturday night. This was apparent on Saturday night. We had big plans to attempt to re-live our early 20s. Yeah, didn't happen. We have bills now; therefore, we all have to work. We're all tired. Dinner and drinks are our staple go-to when we get together. By that, I mean we eat dinner as a group then split up. The guys sit in a corner and ignore each other while they play on their phones while us girls got to Starbucks or somewhere for a drink and take numerous selfies and talk nonstop. While the idea was great in theory, we'd probably end up being the "old' people hanging out at a table while the young college crowd throws shade our way for trying to be "young." No thanks. I'm an adult and will embrace it! Whatever, here are my fun pics from that night!!!

No pictures of us are ever as good as our own selfies. Mr. B. is the selfie master. He so handsome! My hair = #onfleek

My outfit...see, this looks like a 30 year old woman going out for a nice dinner, possibly for business NOT hip young girl going out on a Saturday night. Realize your reality and embrace it, otherwise you'll just look the fool!

The girls got me this amazing fur vest for my birthday! I was in love. I had hinted at it last time we got together. Naturally, I wore it after I opened it....tag and all! Please excuse the lighting...Misty and I

Best part of the night: We all discussed cowboy boots and dresses for attire. We arrive at Razzoo's for dinner and Christy walks up in a long black fringe dress, black pointy-toed wedges, and a fur wrap with a jeweled clasp and red lips. I laughed so hard because that is classic Christy. #divalicious
Misty asked where her boots were. Christy responds: "they didn't go with my outfit!" If you knew her, you'd laugh just as hard. Oh, how I love her!

#trio

another selfie with my handsome hubby....

selfies with Misty

selfies with Christy

silly selfies with Misty


I feel 30 looks AMAZING on us! (OK, so they're still 29 until Jan. 7th) le sigh

always silly
My actual birthday is Monday. I spent my morning running some errands (after sleeping in until 9:30). I had a nice little visit with Mr. B's parents before heading home to listen to the Popcast and blog. I went full on writer mode that afternoon. I treated myself to my free birthday Starbucks drink for breakfast with a bacon, gouda, egg sandwich. I got a grande chestnut praline latte with all the wonderful calories that go with both those because #itsmybday and #caloriesdontcount

It was so good!


Mr. B came home from work with the big piece of yumminess. So what if we were going to eat a 4 course fondue dinner in 2 hours....


3 candles....1 candle for every decade because #dontwanaburndownthehouse  #30candleswontfit


Of course we must eat the cupcake! And since we're so disgustingly cheesy, we feed each other #wearethatcouple  #whocares

Mr. B already took me to purchase 2 pairs of earrings and got me a Barnes and Noble gift card and an Ulta gift card. He gave me this card with this coupon inside as a "gag gift" he says. He knows I love my Siggis yogurt!

He surprised me with a new plastic cup complete with the double T! The best gift ever was a painting that he painted for me completely free hand and his own creation. I have such a thoughtful and talented husband. 

I kept my birthday ensemble simple for dinner out

selfie with the birthday girl....lucky him!
We went to Sundance Square and ate at Simply Fondue. We went back in July for our anniversary and LOVED it! We got the early bird special....even better! We left stuffed! I didn't bother with pics from all 4 courses since I did that in July. We did try a different cheese this time: Fontina. This was way better than the aged cheddar. This didn't have a beer base like last time. We even tried a different chocolate fondue: Snicker Fondoodle. White chocolate with cinnamon and sugar. #fatgirldreamcometrue Then we took some pictures at our spot on the square.

The tree

Birthday girl on the square

birthday selfie on the square

I love these color changing bulbs! 

We called it an early night. We both had early days the next day. Mr. B has to work at 7 AM and I volunteered to babysit a friend's 2 year old! I had a great birthday weekend. I'm ready to embrace my 30's! The 20's were great and fun. I learned a lot about life and myself. I'm ready to enter into full on adulthood and all the experiences that this stage in my life will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment