Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving Week Recap

A week of rest, relaxation, and family. Oh, how I enjoyed it. Waking up Saturday morning knowing that I had a whole week ahead of me to do with what I please just put a smile on my face. My sweet fur babies were happy to have me home. That means they get extra cuddle time. 

#selfieswithharley
Mr. B got snuggly over the week, too. So I have this dumb game that I like to play from time to time called "Paparazzi." It's where I randomly want to snap pictures of Mr. B. He likes to stick his hand in the camera to avoid the picture. I caught this gem though.
#celebritystatus

Monday I spent the day in McKinney and Plano visiting friends. I stopped in to visit Leigh Anne and baby Caroline. Of course, Caroline decided to take an epic nap. I only had about 30 minutes of baby time. That just allowed for easier conversation for me and Leigh Anne. When Caroline woke up, I had to get some pictures. We even matched!
#babyjuju
#colorcoordinated

I spent the rest of my Monday with Misty and Christy. We went to Dallas to browse some boutiques and stopped at The Velvet Taco for some lunch. I've never been, but it was so good. Probably not the best choice for my healthy living journey, but #holidayeatingweek
The lemon garlic roasted potatoes were a unique treat to my taste buds. 
#innerfatgirlforthewin
#isaidnotocaketho

So, Monday night the three of us went to dance jam class at Lifetime Fitness. When I went back in the summer with them, I didn't get the "Terrance experience" that Christy promised. This time, I totally got it. She was right, the class was way more fun with him teaching. I didn't die and was able to pick up the steps for the most part. We were hungry after dance jam, so we stopped at Chick Fil A for salads. It was then we realized that we didn't take any #trio pictures to document the day. Here's our post workout trio selfie outside the Chick Fil A....
#trio
#sweatyandfabulous

Tuesday I spent the day with Mr. B. We went to the movies to see Mockingjay Part 2. I normally boycott movies since I don't believe any movie is worth paying $10 to see. We went to an early bird showing. The movie was good, so I didn't mind spending $6.75 to see the movie. I even indulged on some buttery popcorn goodness. I wanted to make myself feel better about eating that popcorn, so we stopped in Cheddars so I could get a salad. Mr. B opted for a burger. That good feeling was short lived when we got lazy for dinner and ordered Dominoes pizza. I only ate a couple of pieces of stuffed cheesy bread because I chose to make a salad. It was a nice chill day together.

Wednesday I woke up and started cleaning, cooking, and doing laundry. My family arrived shortly after lunch. They brought my adorable nephew with them. We put him on the floor to play with toys. When we turned back around to check on him, this is what we found...
#donewithlifetoday

Here's what I found out about this lil' guy: he loves to take selfies. It's hard to get him to smile (unless you're his papa) unless he sees that it's a selfie. 

That night, I got to rock sweet baby to sleep. Mr. B's mom had given us this rocking chair a few months ago. I finally got to use it. Snuggling this sweet baby was probably the highlight of my week. 

Thursday was also a chill day. Mr. B had to work until 3. I woke up and made breakfast for my family. We dressed in our Texas Tech gear and prepared for a day of football and food. We opted out of the traditional Thanksgiving fare in favor of chicken tortilla soup and appetizers. There was pie of course. Wednesday at the last minute we decided we wanted dressing, so we went to the store to get stuff to make it. Soup and dressing was our meal on this cold and rainy Thanksgiving. We had pecan and pumpkin pie and my cherry fluff. We watched the Cowboys get royally beat....again! It's an adventure being a Cowboys fan. On the upside, Tech beat Texas in Austin for the first time since 1997. We were happy in our house! Here's our newest red raider fan!
#thosebabyslippers
#smileforpapa

Friday I had to run some errands. I also wanted to take the family out for dinner, so I used this as an excuse to try out my new makeup. I'm in love with my Younique makeup. I'm wearing the "skeptical" cream shadow and the "sultry" lip stain. I love being obsessed with makeup again. 
#feelingirly
#thatliptho


another picture with my little man

#selfieswithjude 
#again

Yes, another one. I love pictures with my sweet baby!

So, I had to take this picture when I saw it. My dad is napping on the couch with 4 dogs on him. When my family comes to visit, we not only have a house full of people, but a houseful of dogs. There were 5 dogs at my house this week. When all dogs are present, there are 7 of them. It's just funny to see them all in one spot, especially when they're all piled on one person. My dad says this is his life at home.

Here are some red raider selfies from Thursday

Jude with his favorite aunties


Family selfie on the couch. Jude looks confused. Dad looks enthused. We miss Mr. B!


Of course Jude needed a picture with his favorite aunt and uncle

OK, so maybe he needed 2 pictures....

OK, maybe a third one is in order....with Amanda (who cut her own head off)


Jude the Dude reading his new books with his Uncle C
#meltmyheart
#daddypractice
#daddyintraining

Amanda insisted on taking some pics of us. Since my makeup was on point, I obliged. We were dressed pretty similar. Hard not to capture that.
#twinning

#redraideralumni
#gunsup
#techpride

My family left early Saturday morning. Mr. B was off from work, so we got to spend the whole day together. I enjoyed some cuddle time with my honey.

#marriedlife

Me with my love

We spent the day decorating our house for Christmas. We had Caramel Apple Spiced Cider from Starbucks while listening to Christmas radio on Pandora. Our little tradition (one of many) that we have is getting a new ornament for our tree each year. Sometimes it's symbolic of something that has happened to us that year (like getting married and buying our first house). This year, Mr. B chose the ornament. 

I thought he chose well.


a close up

Here's a shot of all the ornaments we've bought since we've been together...the first 2 symbolize events in our relationship. The bells are "wedding bells" with 2010 on it- the year we were married. the second ornament was for 2011 when we bought our first house. The next 4 are in chronological order, but don't have any particular significance other than we just really liked the ornaments. We look forward to buying our new ornament each year.


The red/gold tree in the kitchen

the blue/turquoise/silver tree in the living room
I need to give a shout out to Mr. B's mom who tirelessly worked on the ornaments for both trees grouping them together with fishing line into groups of 3. This gives the tree a different look. It really makes the tree look fuller and more decorated. Also, it's a lot quicker to hang them. No hooks necessary.

My Christmas wreath I made (the Cowboys colors are purely coincidental)

Our mantle....I made that garland a few years ago. It was my first craft project. Mr. B's mom helped with that, too. Yoda stocking for him, Tinker Bell stocking for her. You can't see the stocking hangers, but they say "Mr" & "Mrs."

Saturday night was date night for us. We haven't had a good date night in a while. We took advantage of a 1/2 price sale at our favorite art studio. Also, it was another excuse for me to wear my new makeup. We grabbed a date night selfie in front of our newly decorated tree.
Tech scarf compliments of my mommy for my birthday
#love
I also received some tech socks

We enjoyed some Greek food (OK, so Gyros and fries) while we painted. Believe it or not, the longest part of this painting was tracing all the rectangles and keys. We've done so many of these, we eventually went rogue and just started doing our own thing instead of waiting on the teacher to give the next instruction. I love how it always looks so ugly while we're painting, but the finished product always looks so put together. 
Our finished product. I hope it fits on the wall I have picked up. We are running out of room for these masterpieces.

This was an eventful week! I had so much fun with friends and family. I'm so thankful for the time I have to spend with them. Now, just 3 more weeks until my next long break. I'm sure that will be just as eventful as this one. I really hope I can sneak in another Jude the Dude sighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment