Monday, December 21, 2015

'Twas the Week Before Christmas...

So I had a fun, busy week this last week. It started on Sunday when my Dallas Cowboys took on Mr. B's Green Bay Packers. I knew what the outcome would be, but we had fun hamming up the rivalry. It became a competition to see who had the most fan gear. We came out even!

If you look closely, I have earrings of the Dallas star!

Really? Gloves? #reaching

The Face-off

We take it seriously....#notreally

Now we're desperate....

My blanket is better than your blanket

I got the sweetest gifts from one of my students. I am in love with this snowman mesh wreath. It is now sitting on my chair next to my Christmas tree. I love that it's not Christmas-y and can be up for the entirety of winter. He was so proud to give it to me!

I treated myself to an Erin Condren life planner. I am obsessed with my teacher planner, so I thought that justified me having one for personal use. I can't wait to nerd out and write all up in it for 2016!

I had some twin moments with my work besties this week. Vanessa and I did this on Monday and didn't plan it!

Tiff and I may have planned this one though for our class Christmas parties on Thursday. We bought and wore this in 2012. Life happened and caused us to not wear the shirts quite as well for the next 2 years. We decided to try again, and killed it!!!

I won $100 in free Younique make up from Kilah! When it came in, I may or may not have done a little happy dance!

When some old friends of the 1st grade team came to visit on Friday for my birthday lunch, baby Caroline got some time with me! Selfies with babies are a given. I'll be spending time with many babies over the next 2 weeks, so get ready!

Past and present first grade team. I don't think I'll ever have a team like this again. Working with these ladies just make life at school so much more fun! #dreamteam

Now, these 3 ladies definitely make my life more fun. I enjoy our daily conversations about food, life, and school. When the "face with tears of joy" and the "side eye" emoji ends up in about 90% of your texts, you know you've got a good thread going on. #threadlife

Friday after work, I took the plunge 4 years in the making and chopped off my hair. Here is the before picture.....

after #1

And hello 12 inch pony!!!!

Yeah, this just happened

I made a new friend, Lana, during this experience. I had a fun 2 hours sitting in her chair while she made me fabulous!

Then we had a double date night with Mr. B's parents. We had dinner at a steakhouse that we've never been to. It was really good. I felt awful for my food choices this day, so I got a salad. I was sure to inform everyone at the dinner table that I would be sampling their food!

We had our 2nd annual Christmas Light Cruising with Starbucks caramel apple spices. This time, we let Mr. B's parents join in on the fun. Here is our backseat selfie!

Since I've lost almost 30 pounds, I decided I would take the plunge and see if I could fit into a smaller pair of pants. On Saturday we ran some errands and I popped into Lane Bryant to try on a size smaller. I was able to get in them and button them up. They were a little too snug to wear right now, but give me another 5-10 pounds, and I'll be golden. I bought them since they were 50% off. They now sit in my closet with the tags on. I don't get to wear them until they fit me to my satisfaction.

Saturday night we went out with the gang to celebrate my birthday. That's worth a separate post with many pics! My hair was totally #onfleek

Sunday was a day of worship and relaxation. I love Sundays. I watched several Hallmark movies while snuggled up with my puppies. I made Harley take a selfie with me.

I made Mr. B watch Hallmark movies with me Sunday night. I love our family selfies. The dogs don't always cooperate.

I had a great week. I now look forward to 2 weeks off of work and celebrating my birthday and the holidays with my family!!!! 2016 is going to be a great year....I can feel it!
























No comments:

Post a Comment