Saturday, November 14, 2015

Weekly Recap

I can't believe I've been on my journey to better health for two months now. These past 2 weeks have been difficult for me. I've been battling a cold with some serious coughing and congestion. This has given me a bad case of the "I don't want tos" when it comes to working out. The after work workouts just aren't working for me. I'm just too spent from the dealings of the day and the after school meetings. So next week I'm going to attempt the early morning workouts again. This will be difficult since it's getting colder and harder to leave the bed. I just tell myself that it's only 30 minutes earlier....I can do it! I've been trying to make myself go to bed earlier this last week to condition myself for this next week. There's just one week left until I'm off for a whole week for Thanksgiving break. I'm thankful for the fact that I haven't abandoned my eating habits. That, I've been pretty consistent with. I had Dairy Queen on Friday night and couldn't eat all of it. I only ate 3 chicken strips ( and I LOVE chicken strips) a couple of fries and a bite of bread. It just wasn't as appetizing to me as it once was. I crave healthy now. Like as I'm typing this....I really want some garlic hummus and carrots (and some fudge). 

I found this motivational poster and thought it summed up my thoughts about what I need to be doing right now! I can and will do this for me. No excuses.

Now, some teacher humor! It's the week before Thanksgiving break. Then there's 3 weeks until Christmas break. There is so much going on this time of year. My type A personality needs to adopt this method during the school day.....
Anything can be on the lesson plan if I cross something out and pencil it in. What? Extra computer time? Sure, why not!?

My Beach Body coaching journey is still slow in progressing. I ran a clean eating group this week. I posted many recipes and motivation for my group. There really wasn't a whole lot of interaction, but I'm excited to present....
November 30th starts a huge challenge group to shed those Thanksgiving pounds in time for Christmas. I've seen my body and mindset change because of these challenge groups. I'm excited to help others experience that success. The 21 Day Fix is on Sale AND my favorite program, Cize, is also on sale. BONUS: the Cize program comes with the portion control containers for this month only. Talk about a deal. With these workouts and Shakeology....I'm a woman on a mission! I haven't missed a day with my shake now for 2 months. 

I have to share these amazing nachos that I made last weekend. They're so good that I'm making them tonight, too. Instead of chips, I slice up a sweet potato and brush it with coconut oil and seasonings. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes on one side, flip over and bake an additional 6-7 minutes. I topped it with skirt steak, lettuce, salsa, feta, avocado, Greek yogurt, and Mrs. Dash chili lime seasoning. It was very filling and delicious. 

Meanwhile, Mr. B has gone back to mornings. Now he's home with me in the evenings. I couldn't be happier to have him home with me. It may mean a few of my shows have to wait to be watched until Saturday, but at least I have my couch buddy back!

What would a blog post be without Jude the Dude! My mom sent me this picture earlier this week. How cute is he!?

I can't wait to see my family and this lil' man over the Thanksgiving break. 

Coming up this next week:
Church potluck: Dr. Pepper pulled pork and my special fudge
Chicken salad for lunch again....
Chili from the Fresh Market and 21 Day fix cornbread
Beef tacos with veggies for dinner

I must survive 1 more week!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment