Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday-November 2015 Edition

What we're eating this week: Normally I'd have some great things to share here. However, I'm not working this week and it's Thanksgiving week. I've been eating out and being very minimal. For Thanksgiving we're having Chicken Tortilla Soup, cornbread, appetizers, and pie. Untraditional for us because #imlazy

What I'm reminiscing about:  November 28, 2009....Mr. B proposed to me in Sundance Square in front of the big Christmas display. This date falls on a Saturday again this year.

My favorite picture from our engagement

What I'm loving: meal prepping. Guys! This has saved my life these last few weeks. Knowing that I don't have to come home from work and cook each night gets me through the day sometimes. Also, it ensures that I eat healthy and don't go out as much. 

What we've been up to: Not too much has been going on with us. This is a busy time of year for us with birthdays and the holidays. Plus, there's always traditions that we get to do again and try to come up with new ones. I'm just enjoying my week off from work. 

What I'm dreading: I'm just going to go ahead and say it....Christmas shopping. I hate Christmas shopping. I don't like receiving Christmas presents and I don't like shopping for them. Thankfully, we just have to shop for the nieces and nephews and for a Christmas party or two. Still, shopping for kids can be hard, too. I go into stress mode every year when I have to start shopping for gifts. I don't like shopping for others. Not because I don't like giving gifts to people, but because I have no idea what to get people. If I get a gift, I want it to be something they want and/or need. That's why most people get gift cards from me! Sorry.

What I'm working on: Still working on  my healthy journey. It's going really well even though I haven't been going hard core lately. I'm down 25 pounds since September. I've been trying to workout before work in the mornings. I did fine last week Monday-Wednesday then just quit at week's end. Here I am with a week off, and I still can't manage to get a workout in. I worked out Monday only because I made plans to go with friends. Someone kick my butt back into gear!

What I'm excited about: My 30th birthday coming up in less than a month! I mean, I know most people dread a new decade. I'm excited for it. I feel my 30s are going to be so awesome!!!

What I'm watching/reading: Fall Tv is about to be on a break for a little over a month. I'm OK with that because I want to get back to reading. I have TV shows that I watch daily. My DVR overflows. This is the time of year that I also load up my DVR with Hallmark Channel Christmas movies....much to Mr. B's dismay. I'm also loving that "The Royals" on E! is back on. I don't ever watch that channel, but when I saw the preview for this show I made an exception. Season 2 just got started....I'm already hooked. I was on a really long wait list for JoJo Moyes' book: "After You." It finally was my turn yesterday. I checked it out and plan on reading it soon. I know I've got 3 weeks to get it done because there is no re-checking that book since the wait list is ridiculous for it. It's a sequel to "Me Before You." I reviewed that book on my "Bookworms Only" page.

What I'm listening to: I'm so excited about this segment! I never have anything good for this category....until now! Leigh Anne has been trying to get me on the podcast bandwagon for a few months now. I downloaded some podcasts several months ago recommended by Leigh Anne and another blogger I follow: Modern Mrs. Darcy. MMD had a podcast edition on her blog and she shared the Popcast by Knox and Jamie. Y'all!!!! This is sooooo good! I'm obsessed. I decided last Friday that I was tired of listening to the same 35 song loop on my iPhone, and I don't do radio. I have at least a 40 minute commute each way 5 days a week. I'll give some podcasts a try. I just decided to go with the Popcast first. Yeah, I haven't listened to anything else since then. I even did my errands on Saturday with my ear buds in like a snob so I could listen to episodes of the Popcast. Do it. Just listen.

What I'm wearing: I dressed really cute last week. This week, I'm all about "give up on life" clothes. Yeah, I'm talking about sweats. I'm all about comfy this week. But, all of a sudden I'm obsessed with doing my makeup every day. Not when I'm at home all day, but if I go to work or have a day where I'm out all day. Why? Because I found a makeup I love. Younique makeup is amazing! My amazing cousin, Kilah, is a Younique rep that posts videos on Facebook that show off the products. Their mineral foundation and concealer make anyone's skin look flawless. This makeup is bomb! 
Makeup on point
#babiesmakeeveryonelookawesome
#courtesyofcaroline

What I'm doing this weekend: My family will be here until Saturday morning. Since Saturday is our engagement anniversary AND we're the type of annoying sappy couple that would celebrate that, we're going to decorate our house for Christmas while listening to Christmas music on Pandora and having cocoa and cookies. That night, we are going to Art in the Vine to do some painting. We will probably eat at the Greek restaurant next door to the studio. Sunday will be a day of worship and rest for me and work for Mr. B. 

What I'm looking forward to next month: Obviously I'm looking forward to my big birthday. Well, and 2 weeks of no work! OK, and I may be looking forward to Christmas dinner with Mr. B's family. But mostly, my big birthday. 

What else is new: Since I do weekly blog updates, my life is an open book.

***BONUS QUESTION: What is our favorite Christmas tradition: OK, so Mr. B and I have a few things we do every Christmas that we never intended to be traditions, but I guess they kind of are. For example, every year we would buy a new ornament for our tree to signify the current year. We have an ornament for each year we've been together. Sometimes it signifies an event in our life that happened that year (think first married Christmas together and first Christmas in our new house). This year, it's a beautiful blue snowflake with 2015 on it that Mr. B picked out. Last year, we decided we wanted to make drinking caramel apple ciders from Starbucks while driving around looking at Christmas lights a new tradition. We're already looking forward to it this year. We also go to our church's holiday party each year. That always proves to be an fun time. The gift exchange, y'all! Hilarious!!! We also decorate our house together while listening to Christmas music. I never decorate alone. We always do it together. Mr. B is a great tree fluffer. I love our moments together like that. This year, we're adding cocoa and cookies to the mix. I wonder if we will think of something new this year to add.....


3 comments:

  1. Those engagement pics, swoon!! Here's your workout motivation - how cool would it be to have lost 30 pounds before your 30th birthday?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so on it! That is totally doable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on board with you being a snob whenever necessary. Thank you for listening and sharing! The Popcast

    ReplyDelete