Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Week Before Thanksgiving

I can't believe I survived at school this week before Thanksgiving break. It was touch and go there for a while, but we did survive. I made it a goal to wake up earlier to workout BEFORE work. You know, it worked well Monday-Wednesday. Monday I did the BeyoncĂ© Cize routine and it kicked. My. Butt. It's been a while since I did a Cize routine, much less an intermediate one. I definitely had to take more breaks and take it slow. It didn't help that I was still a hacking coughing mess. Nonetheless, I felt proud enough to take picture documentation. 


Tuesday and Wednesday I did PiYo workouts. I never feel fully worked out after one of those, but I'm trying to ease back in. Thursday and Friday were total workout failures. I knew Thursday would be a long day since I had a faculty meeting. I was right. It was a long day on so many accounts. It was so long that I paid $9 to take the express way home just to save 20 minutes on my commute. #desperation #commuterprobz

However, long days seem to be irrelevant when you get to come home and FaceTime with this cutie

And something else to make me happy would be receiving a package. 

Yay for new boots. I had a love/hate relationship with these boots on Friday. I thought it was a good idea to wear them to work. Yeah, wrong! My feet were killing me. But my feet looked cute. And can I just say, without sounding too vain, that I've been feeling really good about myself lately. I feel that the little changed I've been making have done wonders for my self image. Also, I'm in love with makeup again. I'm in love with Younique makeup. I'm even wearing lipstick again. Mr. B's grandma would be so proud. One day, my work BFFs and I were wearing the same lipstick, so of course we took a selfie together. 
#thatlipthough 
First pic with these ladies that I didn't feel like the blimp in the group. 

Speaking of #blimpstatus, can we please take a look at the way Mr. B eats!?
That's 2 loaded chili dogs and 2 pieces of cornbread. Meanwhile I'm over here like "I'll have the salad." #mustbenice

Here's my new addiction (no it's not fudge related): 
Thanks to Leigh Anne, I'm obsessed with La Croix sparkling flavored water. So far, I've tried lemon, cran-raspberry, and coconut. #pleaseexcusemynails
#ineedbon #qspanails #impoortho

Why I'm poor
A full refrigerator. Whose fridge is this? Oh yeah, mine. This is what it looks like to have food in here. This is what it looks like when I meal prep and get ready to host Thanksgiving.

So Friday night I decided to have a true splurge meal. After shopping, we went to Costa Vida with our BOGO coupon. Mr. B got his usually smothered burrito. Last time, I opted for the salad. This time I had my usual. The nachos! 
I've been trying out the 80/20 lifestyle. This definitely falls within the 20 part. I call them my #naughtynachos and #yesiateitall
Here's the kicker, I weighed in Saturday morning and found I was actually 2 pounds lighter than my last weigh in. I plan on going hard core again after Thanksgiving, starting with a 3 day refresh cleanse from Shakeology. 

This Saturday morning felt different. It's colder outside and I knew I had a whole week off in front me. I lounged in bed a bit longer. Mr. B had to work, so my pooches kept me company. 

Dixie may be camera shy, but Harley is all for pics. And speaking of lounging, spending a cold Saturday night watching college football while eating nachos (I ate my healthy version today) just didn't seem right without the first fire of the season. 



1 comment:

  1. 1. Those boots are SO cute. Love them.
    2. Within the last year I've been trying to be a grown up with eye liner and now blush. Amazing what a little make up can do for a person ;) Sadly I'm having to learn my makeup ways from my younger cooler sister.
    3. Yall are all gorgeous in that pic. Love yall.
    4. "No its not fudge related" #cryingtearsofjoyinmediumskintone
    5. You had me laughing with all your hashtags #love
    6. That's awesome that you still lost 2 pounds with your treat meal, go you!

    ReplyDelete