Sunday, April 3, 2016

Getting It Done One Week At A Time

This week was a pretty good week. I really felt like I made huge success towards my goals. My eating was on point. My workouts had me in beast mode. My spirits were up. I loved that I was able to stick to my eating plan without wavering. I stood strong even on Thursday when there was breakfast in the teacher's lounge. Yeah, those pastries looked good. But they didn't look as good as I'm going to feel when I crush these goals. I had to get creative on the weekend with my dinner since we were out of fish and veggies. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night we had breakfast for dinner. I had 1 egg scrambled with 2 egg whites with Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles mixed in. I topped my eggs with homemade guacamole (3 small avocados, 2Tbs of salsa, onion powder, garlic salt). I'm diary free for a while, so I skipped the cheese. I had a piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel toast with natural crunchy peanut butter. It actually kept me full. My weekend lunch was modified from the salad kits. Since I'm home, I can make a salad at the house. I used a stalk of romaine hearts, a few grape tomatoes, minced garlic, hard boiled egg, Boars Head cracked peppermill turkey, slivered almonds, Mrs. Dash seasonings (garlic/herb and fiesta lime), 1Tbs EVOO, and 1Tbs balsamic vinaigrette. It was a great salad! I will probably repeat those weekend lunch and dinner options again this upcoming weekend. Here's a look at what's on the menu this week:

Breakfast:
  • 1/4c oatmeal with soy milk (extra protein)
  • 2 hard boiled egg whites
  • coconut oil
  • natural crunchy peanut butter
  • honey/cinnamon
  • blueberries
  • green tea
Lunch:
  • salad kit (either cranberry walnut or bacon spinach...both come with vinaigrette)
  • mixed bell peppers with hummus
  • hard boiled egg
Snack:
  • Quest Bar
  • Chicken dippers in BBQ sauce
Dinner (M/T):
  • Salmon
  • asparagus
  • sweet potato
Dinner (W/TH):
  • chicken (cooked with Mrs. Dash seasonings and coconut oil)
  • stir fry veggies
  • brown rice
  • liquid aminos for flavor
I start my day with my cafe latte Shakeology before my 5AM workout. I don't usually eat breakfast until 7:45-8:00. It gives me just enough to power through the morning workout. I stop eating by 6:00PM. I have a protein shake before going to bed to make sure my muscles are getting nutrients while I sleep. I drink ISO 100 protein powder. Weekend dinners right now are unplanned. If we don't go out to dinner, then I will probably stick with what we did this weekend since it worked so well.

I find that eating the same thing helps me stay on track. I just do it until I absolutely cannot do it anymore. Then I find little ways to change it to make it new again. I was very successful week 1. I'm excited to jump into week 2 of this eating plan. 

Some favorite snack ideas:
My go-to high protein snack is a Quest bar. I love cookies and cream and vanilla almond crunch. Those are my favorites. I feel like I'm eating a candy bar, but it's good for me. I'm very possessive of my Quest bars. During a workout, I was doing punches and TPT told me to punch like I was fighting zombies trying to attack Mr. B. When that didn't seem to motivate me to move faster, she told me to punch like someone was trying to steal my Quest bar. Let's just say that the speed increased on my punches. I love that she gets me!


I also stumbled across this little delight while buying weights at Academy on Saturday. It's a protein cookie! Yes, please! I'll add it to my sweet treats list.


I made it to CG 4 times this week. I really intended to make it all 5 days, but my alarm didn't go off on Wednesday. I didn't wake up until 5:25, which is when it started. Oh, was I angry! I was throwing a fit like a two year old. My poor pillow suffered my wrath. I decided then and there I needed some insurance policies to make sure I got up every morning. I made Mr. B set an alarm, too. I also asked my friend and TPT to text me at 4:30 every morning. I'm glad I did that because my alarm didn't go off on Friday either. Hopefully I've fixed it and will have a fully functioning alarm this week. 

I'm breaking some plateaus with my workouts. I'm loving my one-on-one sessions. They are helping me get stronger and faster. I'm able to apply what I've been doing with TPT and get busy at camp. I'm almost at the point where I'm not having to modify as much. I've reached 1 minute and 20 seconds on my planks. I'm lifting heavier weights. In fact, Mr. B and are both increasing the weights. We went to buy him some 20 pound weights so I could have his 15 pound weights. We had to get a picture showing our new found strength. 

Mr. B gettin' swoll

Showin my skills
TPT pretty much told us we were going to do CG games at the end of August. I laughed when she said that, but she was full on serious. She had to put it in perspective for me. She said I didn't do 5Ks for time, so I didn't have to do CG games for qualification. It's just for the sake of saying you did it! It also gives us something specific to train for. She told me that I had no idea where I would be in my fitness journey by the end of August. Apparently, there is so much she can do with me......cue freakout
I worked out with TPT 4 times this week one-on-one. That means, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I pulled double workout sessions. I'm in a constant state of soreness. Saturday's workout brought us to the track, and she brought out her "toys." Yeah, I was intimidated. Sand bags, tires and sledge hammers, and fire hoses were involved. She started by having me do resisted bear crawls the length of the field while doing a resisted side shuffle on the way back. The real fun came with the fire hose. She had me dragging and pulling that thing the length of the field AND back! Surprisingly, I OWNED that hose! I'd like to thank my thick legs for getting me through that one. She loved it so much, she had to take some pictures.
YESSSSSS!!!!!

I'm going ALL. THE. WAY. No rest for me!

You want to burn out your legs? Just pull the fire hose backwards. Feeling the burn!

I finished up my workout with some resisted sprints. Apparently, running with that fire hose burns more calories that running a mile. I'll take it. #aintnorunner

So on top of the CG games challenge, I have another challenge TPT has given me: The first one is the "bathroom workout." Every time you go to the bathroom, when you're finished do 10 counter top push-ups and 10 squats. Easy enough, right? Unless you drink a gallon of water a day and you're going potty every 30 minutes. It helps your body get used to moving. I've done it for a couple of days pretty consistently. Hey, whatever helps my arm wings disappear.... #legsonpoint #armsonpoint

On a fun note: I received a package Friday afternoon from a former teammate who retired this year. She sent her "dream team" some pocket hand sanitizers and clorox wipes. I love how she's trying to keep the germs at bay for us! We love and miss you, SJ! #dreamteamforever


This is the final week on my first round of one-on-ones with my TPT. It's also the final week of this camp. I'm excited to see my measurements. I'm hoping to see some change. If not, that means I have to push that much harder and be more strict on myself. I've already proven that I can do it. Wednesday is our burpee fit test. Last camp I failed miserably because I had a bad attitude going in. I let my previous day's troubles get in the way. This week I'm going all in. My goal is 50 un-modified burpees in 5 minutes. I've got a strategy and a goal. I'm going to OWN this fit test! I'm not running on energy....I'm running on GOALS!!!













1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you friend!! That salad sounds AMAZING & I'm totally going to steal your meal plan - sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete