Monday, April 18, 2016

I Survived 3 Weeks of Food Torture!!!

So, I've completed 3 weeks of torture strict eating. It was a challenge for sure! They do say that nothing easy is ever worth it. I suppose that's true. I did lost a total of 6 pounds in those three weeks. By the end of this third week though, I definitely had this mentality:


I mean, this last week was the toughest since I was in recovery. I scaled back on carbs and calories. The thought of another salad was making me sick. I was literally choking down salads every day. I didn't mind my breakfast since I'd found a way to make oatmeal that I really enjoy. Dinner this last week was fish and veggies or chicken and veggies. I cut out my evening carb since I wasn't lifting this week. I already had to cut out my Shakeology for 4 days AND my beloved Quest bars. I'm surprised I survived. 

Friday FINALLY rolled around, and I was excited for another reason other than the end of another school week. I was getting to go back to camp AND lift weights. You know what that means....CARBS!!!!! (cue salsa lady dancing emoji) I started my day with Shakeology and had my Quest bar after my workout. I had some oatmeal around 9:00 that morning. I took a half day from work since I had a doctor appointment that afternoon, so I kept lunch light: bell peppers and hummus with chicken dippers (not fried). I drank another protein shake before my 5:30 PM session with TPT. So I did double weights that day. Oh, don't worry. I more than rewarded myself for my diligence. My legs took a beating with TPT. Squats, lunges, 50 burpees, running, planks......

Megan decided we needed a picture of our group, our parking lot crew, after yesterday morning's workout!

Working out with friends is so much more fun. You always have an accountability partner to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to. So thankful CG has brought some great friends into my life in the short amount of time we've been a part of it. Megan and I text each other at 4:30 every morning to make sure the other is awake and getting their butt to camp! #squadgoals

I rewarded myself with a trip to Pie 5 for a $5 pizza. I even managed to convince TPT to join us with her kids and indulge. I told her she could get a "lady pizza" like me. You really can make it healthy. She had never had the Pie 5 experience. She joined the "circle of crust" and will now be addicted like the rest of us. 

Another triumph for me this week was being active every day even though I wasn't going to camp. This has been a struggle for me in the past. I'm kind of a trainer snob, so if TPT ain't leading workouts I don't go. I really should get out of that mindset. I bet there are lots of lovely trainers out there that I'd like just fine. I'm a creature of habit and ritual, so......

Monday, I Cized it up with Shaun T to some Beyonce.
Tuesday, I stretched it out with Autumn with some yoga.
Wednesday, I let Autumn work me out with some pilates.
Thursday, Mr. B gets all the credit for me working out since he suggested a walk. So, a 3 mile walk is what we took that afternoon after work.
Friday: Yeah, I killed it on Friday.
Saturday: I'm thinking a nice walk and some easy stretching to prep for camp on Monday.
Sunday: I REST!!! (until CG games training starts.....)

In other news, I found a book I want to start reading. I have it on request at the library. I just have to be patient for it to come in. In the meantime, I will read my Shape magazine and see if I can learn something useful.....
I got the sweetest gift this week at school. One of the second grade teachers brought me this bear because she knew I loved Texas Tech. This is the second gift a second grade teacher has brought me because of my love for Tech. One of my students brought me a lollipop with the double T on it. Show your pride and you get free stuff!!!! I think I'm going to try that with CG and see if I can get some swag.....

Speaking of CG swag....Look what I got this week!!!! It took my 50 check-ins and Mr. B signing up to earn this baby! A $50 mat that I got fo' free! Well, I did have to pay taxes and shipping (we've got to please "the man"). Still, it was a steal:) I can't wait to bust out this beauty on Monday. No more chasing my mat around the parking lot!!!!!


Be sure to check out my "Book Worms Only" page for my latest book review of "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson.

Also, I'm excited to announce that after much thought, I'm launching a new blog. This blog has been on my heart for some time. Those that read my posts regularly know my desire to be a mom. I wanted a place to write about my journey. The first post is up! The new blog is called "My Hopeful Journey to Motherhood."



No comments:

Post a Comment