Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 2017....On Time

It's the first week of May and I'm already starting to type what happened this week. Why? Because I uploaded some pics already. And, why not? I'm sitting here in a writing mood. Let's hope I remember to finish this later this month.....

OK, so the first week of May is my beloved Teacher Appreciation Week! I always look forward to the surprises we get. I was not disappointed. Our PTA did great! They did lunch duty for us on Monday and Friday. They brought tacos on Tuesday and nachos on Wednesday. Monday we had BBQ. Thursday was a dessert bar, and Friday was a salsa bar. Since my journey with Weight Watchers is in full effect, I had to be selective on what I ate. The only real problem was the dessert day. It actually wasn't a problem at all. I didn't see anything there that I HAD to have. I tried one thing that came highly recommended. It was bite sized, so I didn't have to worry about eating too much.

I was spoiled by my students this week. I really got a Reese's peanut butter cup haul. When they know your favorite candy, they are going to make sure you have all the stuff! The bowl of candy on my counter was just from this week alone.

Look at this loot!

This was from the first half of the week

They know how I love my red and black!

All the heart eyed emojis on this one!

Can't wait to wear this! The boy in my class picked it out, but his kindergarten sister "approved" it! LOL

I didn't even notice the back of the cup until I got home. I LOVED it!!!! It was also stuffed with more Reese's.

I got chips, peanuts, tea, root beer, crackers, and a ton of flowers (left them at school since I had no way of getting it all home). What really touched my heart was getting gifts from the kids who aren't in my homeroom class. I've been self contained all year with just my 19 kids. These last 8 weeks we've all been teaching the whole grade level. I've gotten to know the other 2/3 of the grade level. I felt so loved by them, too! It has been a great year at PVE! All these years I was desperate to find something new, God was simply telling me to be patient because he had somewhere amazing for me to be! When will I learn to listen!!!!

OK, so I started this month's blog at the end of April while I was thinking of it. It dawned on me today that it was the last day of May (Like, how is this so!?) and I needed to finish my blog. Oh, did I mention that I'm already out of school? Friday was our last day. We got out a week earlier than most people. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. It hasn't really registered yet that I'm actually out of school on summer break. I've been trying to set a routine for myself and stay busy. It's going good so far. I've been eating healthy and exercising daily like I'd wanted to do. I have no more excuses to not do workout now that work is done. Here's more of the greatness of our lives that happened this month:

We had a lot of fun things going on at school (once we finished with the STAAR  test). I survived my first state testing season. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That Friday we took our kids to the Fort Worth Zoo for their field trip. It was a fun and relaxing trip. Huge shout out to all the parent volunteers that made our trip amazing! Here is my work tribe!


That next week we had Comic Con and field day. Two fun days back to back. I did get some good field day shots, but won't be showing them here since they have kiddos in them! But I did get a sweet pic of me at Comic Con with 2 Star Wars characters that I really don't know.....(cue gasp)


The last week of school was chill with assemblies, parties, and awards. I really had a great first year at PVE and in third grade. I had some great kids that were so much fun!

So now some life things.....

Health and Fitness:

I've been trying to jump back on this train for a while now. I dropped my CG membership since I wasn't really doing it enough to warrant the $100/month that Mr. B and I were paying. I decided to focus on nutrition and joined Weight Watchers. I had a good first month. I lost about 11 pounds my first month. However, I had some non-scale victories along the way. I have learned how to eat better and less food. I feel motivated to get active again. I started working out with a new tribe of ladies in a garage with a personal trainer friend I met while doing Advocare. I love these small personal workouts where I feel equal and successful! I've also started drinking my Shakeology again. It's easier to do when I am home and have the use of my blender. 


I have 2 shake options: chocolate or vanilla- unsweetened vanilla almond milk (8oz) with a touch of water and ice and 2 Tbs of powdered peanut butter. 6 points for a vanilla shake and 7 points for the chocolate shake


Sometimes I do a self workout in my garage so I can throw around some weights. Everyone know strong is the new skinny!


My new tribe, minus the awesome that is Carmen (and my new competition buddy)

I saw this greatness, and knew that it was meant for me and all my peeps who know the struggle is real!


We've started grilling out on Saturdays. I use Saturdays as my "free days" so I can relax and give myself some grace each week. Most of that bread was consumed by Mr. B. I couldn't even finish half that steak.


We tried this new dessert place up the street called "Lumi Snow." It's a combo of shaved ice and ice cream. It's different, but tasty.


This is one of my weekly "go-to" meals if I want easy: bacon cheddar burger from Kroger, sweet potato fries from Trader Joe's, and my Brussels spouts (shaved sprouts from TJ, 1/4c olive oil, 1/4c balsamic vinegar, cajun seasoning, 6 slices center cut bacon- bake at 350 for about 30 minutes)


Tried this new recipe from a girl I follow on Instagram (@drizzlemeskinny) it's a creamy chicken bacon ranch bubble up (I used the fiesta ranch dip mix instead of the regular) check out her website here
Of course I also eat my sprouts


Pineapple Teriyaki chicken meatballs (Costco), reduced fat mac n' cheese (TJ), and zucchini fries (TJ)


grilled chicken sandwich (Costco), Asiago laughing cow cheese wedge for spread, orange bell pepper, garlic hummus

New obsessions:

Y'all know I love me some makeup. I still wear my Younique products for the most part; however, I've been wanting a long lasting lip color that doesn't rub off. The main reason I don't wear lip color on a regular basis is because it smears and doesn't last. So why bother? Well, hello Lipsense! Where have you been all my life!? I may have a new obsession and need to be a consultant.....


I took over Mr. B's sink to play with all the colors


Roseberry


Blu-red (own it)!


Strawberry shortcake


Nappa

Old obsession that has only gotten worse: LULAROE!!!!!

Y'all! My closet is overrun with all the Lula. Poor Mr. B has little to no closet space left to store his few dress clothes. I finally hosted a party so I could score me some free Lula!


My staple work outfit: Carly and leggings


Love the Maxi skirt-dressy or casual (short girls can rock it, too)


Lindsey wrap with an Azure skirt


My first printed Carly (LOVE) and non-Lula leggings (who even owns these anymore?) and a Lindsey wrap


Love the Nicole dress (even if I do have to wear a size I'd rather not discuss) When did I suddenly become obsessed with loud prints?


My meme after my party with all my haul 


#truth


OK, so this isn't Lula. However, it's just as good. Milk and Honey Tees are so comfy! I had to have this one when I saw it in their shop!

New Hair.....back to fun and crazy #platinumandpink


Can you believe this monstrosity!? Thank goodness my 3 month wait was over and I could get in to see my girl Lana for some fun hair


side view


back view


front view




I'm still loving all the new looks I can do with it. I can make the pink discreet or bold and on display! I love that we finally got my hair to look platinum! I've never had hair this blonde before. Thank you bleach for making me look summer ready. I love blonde hair and red hair. Those are my preferred colors!

A couple of goobers!!!!

Mr. B and I are ready for a summer of fun. I'll be putting him to work on the grill this summer. We have plans to spend a week playing mom/dad to our 2 year old nephew for a week, going to San Francisco, NOLA, and maybe Sea World! Let's see if we can throw a painting class or two in there as well as paint and decorate our guest bathroom.....


I chill in the hammock while he does....


the grilling!


Love this picture of us from last Sunday when he had the morning off! We clean up so nice!


Had to throw in my non-fiction read right now. I'm spending a bit of my mornings reading this book and gaining take-aways. It'll be up on my book review page when finished.







No comments:

Post a Comment