Friday, May 5, 2017

April 2017....Better Late Than Never

April was a fast moving month. I can't believe it's already May. The end of school is upon us. I felt this year flew by. It must be because I loved my new school and new grade level. I've been Face Timing with Jude a lot. I try to do it at least once a week. In the meantime, they've been sending me pictures of him. He got himself a cool new hair cut!


I'm super excited to be spending a week with him next month. I hear he's a tyrant, but his Aunt Lee Lee and Uncle C are going to show him a good time while he's in town!

I had a couple of Sundays and a couple of Saturdays to hang with my main squeeze this month. We didn't do anything special, but we just enjoy being with each other. And taking selfies of course.



Our middle bedroom is basically a junk room. If we don't know what to do with something, or we need to get something out of the way, we just throw it in there. He had our box of wedding stuff out, so I pulled out the little box with all the wedding advice in it. I decided to read the cards. This one stuck out to me. Sure, I could've chosen the spiritual advice or the heartfelt advice, but this made me laugh....


Of course now I'd rather have some Lularoe instead of shoes. #buymorelula

I decided to make some changes for myself this month. I needed a reset and a routine change to help get myself back on the healthy track. I decided to quit Camp Gladiator since I wasn't going anymore. I lost my love for it. I guess I lost my love back in August when I got pregnant and started my new job. I fell out of my routine and never could get back in it. I also didn't feel the same sense of belonging that I did when I first joined. The group got too large for me. I just didn't feel successful anymore. I knew my eating needed to be under control more than anything. So I decided to join Weight Watchers. I'm now finishing up my 2nd week and have lost about 6 pounds I think. I was super hungry and tired that first week. However, this week I've felt better and less hungry. I'm still enjoying food, but just being more selective and eating smaller portions. I'm tracking everything and super aware of what I'm eating and how much. I hope to really up my exercise game when school is out and I don't feel so busy. School is kicking my butt right now.


This spoke to me when I saw it. This is exactly how I feel about myself right now. Loving me for me and not focusing on all the imperfections. 

We also joined our long time friends (or rather, my long time friends.....Mr. B gets them through marriage) for a gender reveal party. We were so happy and excited to celebrate our friends during this happy time. They chose to do the reveal by hitting a baseball and letting color powder come out. Christy decided to trick everyone with the first ball. We were stunned and worried when purple powder came out. It was a very Christy-esk thing to do. When the real one was hit, we saw lovely pink powder. I can't wait to buy all the girl things!!!! I should've grabbed a pic, but all I have is video to document this event.

OK, so I've been looking at the Book of the Month Club reading selections for what to read. I decided to try one of their picks. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't buy this. I check out books from the library usually. This book was not good and not what I expected. It was weird and I didn't understand the ending. This is a no-go for me.


I really can't think of anything else exciting that went on in April. I've been so busy with work, that I haven't had the urge to have fun. Stay tuned for Summer shennanigans!




No comments:

Post a Comment