Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Few of My Favorite Things

Since my weeks are pretty boring, this week's post will consist on some of the things I'm loving right now. We're leaving for vacation on Saturday morning, so not sure if I'll get another post in before then. 

NEW SHOES!!!
So, to celebrate my 100th check-in with CG, I treated myself to new tennis shoes. Apparently, they were much needed. The ones I had been wearing were worn out and no good. I decided on these Brooks. I've worn them twice. I already love them. They feel good and they're a super fun color! I used to get excited for high heels, now I'm all about tennis shoes:)


FUN TANKS!!!
Summer time is here, so I'm wearing tanks to workout in. You know, I've got to put those muscles that I've been working hard for on display for the masses. I got this fun tank from a friend who owns her own fitness studio. I just loved the saying since it described me perfectly. I have a couple more on the way from Milk and Honey Tees. 
Pardon the up close and personal view.....

PROTEIN PANCAKES!!!
I am in constant search for my ways to get protein in my diet. These pancakes are so good. They have 14 grams of protein for 3-6 inch pancakes. I serve them up with some yogurt butter and 4 egg whites with turkey sausage crumbles for a protein-packed breakfast.
This big box is at Costco for $11.99

PROTEIN COOKIES!!!
These cookies are a perfect pre-workout snack before my early AM workouts. I can't eat a full breakfast before a workout, so I eat half this cookie. It's carb heavy (carbs are appropriate for pre-workout, protein after workout). There are many flavors that I love. Sprouts has the best deal on them.

ENERGY DRINK!!!
4:15 comes early in the morning, so I need a boost to help me power through my workout. I have to be picky because a lot of stuff makes me sick. I'm thrilled that this works for me and doesn't make me sick when I workout. This paired with my cookie is the perfect pre-workout combo!


COFFEE!!!
We discovered this beauty when we were in Austin. Mr. B's family had this coffee at their house. I found these bottles at Target on sale for $8.99. It's concentrated coffee, so you dilute it with water. There are different flavors: caramel, mocha, vanilla, original. I like my coffee cold in the summertime, so this is perfect for me. I add 2 packets of Splenda and a splash or original coffee creamer to mine and drink with my breakfast.

BODY BUTTER!!!
This has been a life saver since my epic sunburn a couple of weeks ago. I'm still peeling from it. I've used almost the whole tub of this. It moisturizes my skin and reduces the peeling. I have to use it about twice a day. It smells good, too. I bought this at Ulta.

FACE PRODUCTS:
This is my go-to face regimen this summer. I don't wear a lot of makeup during summer time, so these two give me a flawless summer glow. The BB Flawless cream goes great by itself, too. If I'm wanting a little more color, I combine the two. The body bronzer is perfect for the rest of your body to give it that summer glow. I love using it on my legs. It's like makeup for your body! 

NO MORE UNDER EYE BAGS!!!
I use a few drops of this serum under my eyes each night. I suffer from dark circles and puffy bags. This helps reduce them significantly when I use it on a regular basis. It only takes a little.

LIP COLOR!!!
I know I've talked about these before, but they're so awesome. They make your lips soft and give just a hint of color. I love throwing this on my lips with my BB cream/bronzer combo mentioned above. This gives me the perfect natural look for summer. 

PLANNERS!!!
I got my Erin Condren teacher planner and notebook in for this school year! I used one for the first time last year, and I LOVED it! The notebook is new to me. I figured that since I was going to be doing a lot of training for my new job that I deserved something fun to take notes in. 

This is my life planner. I'm equally obsessed with this, too. I write everything in here. I know when my bills are coming out. I write myself daily motivational notes. At the end of the week, I always think of something I'm thankful for that week. I have fun markers that add to the excitement. I enjoy sitting down each weekend and planning out my next week. It's truly one of the biggest thrills of my weekend.

SNAPCHAT!!!
I was opposed to this at first. Then I succumbed to peer pressure and joined in on the fun. We hardly text anymore because now we can just send videos that convey so much more meaning. The filters are fun, too. This one is a favorite because it makes you look amazing without a stitch of makeup. Plus, what girl doesn't like to wear a crown of flowers on her head? 

BOOKS!!!
I almost let this one slip through my fingers again without reading it. With the deadline looming in two days, I knew I needed to get to reading. I did finish it in 2 days. It was a great read. Check out my "Book Worms Only" page for a full review.
Man, I have a lot of favorite things right now!













No comments:

Post a Comment