Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Break 2016

I was so thankful for the later break this year and the beautiful weather that came with it. I had a nice, fun, and relaxing spring break. I kicked it off Saturday with running my errands and attending a wedding. I've really started to look forward to my Saturday mornings where I meander around the aisles of Kroger, Target, and any where else I need to go while sipping on my Starbucks coffee and eating my bacon gouda egg breakfast sandwhich. I just put my earbuds in and listen to my podcasts or jam to my guilty pleasure on Pandora or Spotify: 90's bubble gum pop! Yes, please. As I type this, it's playing in the background.




Side Bar: I decided since I was obsessed with my Younique makeup, that I would just go ahead and get the presenter's kit and start earning discounts on my makeup by sharing with others. I got $225 worth of product for $99. When my kit came in, I might have done a happy dance.....
Isn't that a sweet kit and case? My mom and sisters will love me come birthdays and Mother's Day:)

Date night consisted of a wedding to celebrate one of Mr. B's friends. This was our first wedding to attend since we'd been married. I loved the chance to play dress up with my makeup products. I was really happy with how my makeup turned out for the wedding.
I put this makeup on around 1:00 in the afternoon, and it lasted until 10:30 that night when I took it off. Yes, even that lip stick. Can we say #makeuponfleek
The secret is Younique lip liner colored all over your whole lip then add the lip stain on top (or lip stick....I do both). I'm also in love with their cream shadows that don't crease and dry to a powder finish. Let's not forget the awesome mascara that gives me lashes for days!

This is me just wearing their BB cream and under eye concealer because while my mother gave me her beautiful skin, I must accept the curse of under eye circles. Hey, I can't have it all. I'm also wearing the Lucius lip gloss in a light pink. 


We had a good time at the wedding with Mr. B's brother and some of his friends. The wedding was nice and the reception was so much fun. We left early since we wanted to see baby Owen before they headed back to Austin that night. Here are some pictures of me and my hot date.
Love this picture

I married one handsome man!

I haven't seen baby Owen since December. He's getting so big and cute. Everyone knows I love and adore all 4 of my nephews to the moon and back. I'm in love with this picture. This reminded me of when I used to cuddle on his big brother. We even got to see him master the art of rolling over while he was here.

Sunday Mr. B had the day off. We went to church together then I left him alone all afternoon while I went to hang out with my girls. We did our monthly brunch (which we had to skip in February because I was a loser and had so much going on). This time we went to Trufire in Southlake town square. I had this delicious omelet with sweet potato hash. So good. We tried to walk around a bit, but I was a loser again and had to spoil that since I didn't wear sensible shoes. It also wasn't practical to walk around that day because the wind was fierce and we were all in dresses. That wind would have made Marilyn Monroe blush. I just wasn't in the mood to let all of Southlake admire my flesh colored granny panties. We found a cupcake place and indulged in a cupcake and an expresso shot before heading our separate ways. Of course we documented the occasion with a #TRIO pic
We just get better with age, in my opinion. Thanks, Misty, for your filter skills.
I made it back in time to go to evening worship with Mr. B then we came home to relax all evening. 

Monday morning was busy for me. Our insurance adjuster came at 9:30 to check out our roof and assess the damage. We had a big hail/wind storm come through a week ago and it did some damage. This sounds bad, but for us it was actually a good thing. We have the original roof on our house (which is 19 years old) and it's had several patch jobs. It was time for a new roof anyway. Then I had a hair appointment to take care of my roots and shagginess. Then I came home and caught up on some TV and reading. I even made dinner for us. We went to CG at 6 to get our first workout of the new camp in. Then it was the Bachelor finale for me and night night time. 

Tuesday Mr. B had to work, so I had an easy morning. I got the laundry done and finished a book (that I ultimately didn't enjoy as much as I'd hoped). I went to McKinney to visit friends from work. I had a nice chat with my work girls. The food was good, too. I also got to love on 2 sweet baby girls. I had to cut out early since I HAD to go to CG (OK, so I wanted to go). I barely made it on time for camp since traffic was awful and took me 1 1/2 hours to get there. It was after I left that they decided to take the group picture. I guess they weren't feeling me in their picture since I came looking rough in my workout getup.
They still get a shout out and spot in this week's post since I love them.

Wednesday found us both off of work. We slept till 8 and finally got out of bed around 8:30 and made ourselves breakfast. After breakfast, I went with Mr. B to his weekly Bible study. After that, we went and grabbed lunch at Panera. After lunch, Mr. B went and did some yard work while I got tortured by Robin in my first one on one training session. Things I learned from that: 1) I'm stronger than I think I am 2) I'm going to hurt so good the rest of the week 3) I have a mission to beat my plank time each workout...made it 30 seconds today. 
After that, we went to do some window shopping before coming home to do this
Even the dogs were lazy. 
We woke up in time for dinner and Wednesday Bible study. Then home to relax. 

Thursday I woke to a cloudy day. I guess it rained over night. I slept later than I intended, but I was still up in time to make myself breakfast and have time to read and write before my 10:15 training appointment. My hamstrings are on fire! I'm kind of hoping that fire is my cellulite burning away forever.....#wishfulthinking
I had to run and get our $20 meal of the week from Fresh Market and check out the goodies at Trader Joes. I decided that I wanted to spend my day reading. I'm really starting to get into "Wolf by Wolf." I made dinner for Mr. B and I before heading to our CG workout with Steve. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I think I earned my night time relaxation time. I discovered today that I am stronger than I gave myself credit for. I'm able to workout with 15lb weights and held a plank for 45 seconds. Tomorrow's goal: 1 whole minute

Friday....my last day of spring break #lesigh
I had the worst night's sleep and have no idea why. Of course, every muscle in my body is screaming at me for what I've put them through this week. Thursday was a double weight day for me, and I'm feeling every bit of it today. I have my last session with Robin for this week at 9:15. I'm really looking forward to 2 days of nothing but maybe some yoga and foam rolling. After my session, I decided to run my errands so I could spend Saturday on my couch doing nothing but reading. Mr. B and I went out for dinner at 54th Street Drafthouse. I had their chicken fried chicken, mac n' cheese, and mashed potatoes and gravy. It had been a long time since I indulged in some southern comfort food. We came back home and sat on our opposite ends of the couch and watched our own shows.

Saturday was a nice, lazy day for me. The only "work" I did was my Sunday School lesson and wash the sheets on the bed. Other than that, I spent the day on my couch watching Hallmark movies that I've been saving on my DVR (even though it drives Mr. B crazy that I refuse to delete them). That afternoon we went to Mr. B's parents' house to celebrate his dad's 65th birthday. I got to love on my niece and nephew (which I love) and visit with my sister in law. I love days when I get to spend time with family. Then it was another quiet night at home. I got the strange urge to watch the Twilight saga. I got through Twilight and New Moon before bed.

Sunday we went to church and then our monthly potluck. Man, I love those things. We have an awesome group with lots of people to talk to. The food is great, too. This month we had some GOOD food! When I got home, I did some laundry while Mr. B did some meal prep for me so I could watch Eclipse and half on Breaking Dawn 1. We went back to church for evening service. I came home to finish up Breaking Dawn 1 and go on to watch part 2. I used to be #teamedward when the movies first came out. Now that I'm older, I really appreciate the werewolf. So now I'm #teamjacob
#dontjudgeme

 Then it was time for bed since a new work week was starting the next day......






1 comment:

  1. Hey now! It wasn't because we didn't want your workout clothes in the picture!! It was because Caroline decided to have a mini naptime meltdown! ;) miss you!!

    ReplyDelete