Saturday, March 12, 2016

Goals

It's time for a mindset change. I don't change my mindset, then my body won't change. I have to work for it. We all have to work at different levels to achieve the same goal. I know, for me, that if I want to get in shape and be healthy that I have to WERK!!!! I've got many things working against me that I can't change. But there are some things working against me that I can change: will power, laziness, ambition. Before I start this new camp and my one-on-one training sessions, I've got to set some goals: both short and long term.

Long Term Goals:

  • My ultimate goal is for me to get back to where I was at 17. I know everyone wants their high school body back, but I truly believe that it's possible. That means I must lose about 65 pounds and 3 sizes. That's a big mountain to climb.
  • Get stronger. I want to build that lean muscle that will help me look good in summer clothes
  • Have a healthy pregnancy. It's no secret we're trying to get pregnant again. I want to be healthy when it does happen, so it's easier on me and the baby. It will also help my body bounce back after birth.
  • Be able to say "no" to every day temptations and feel OK about it. Just because there are donuts in the teacher's lounge does not mean I must have one (although, I really feel that is exactly what it means).
Short Term Goals:

  • Develop consistent healthy eating habits with less cheat days. The weekends are a struggle. I'm trying hard to change my mindset about weekends and reign myself in.
  • Work out 5 times a week. Sometimes this gets done, but other times it just doesn't happen. I do feel pretty good if I make it a priority to get it done at least 3 days a week. That just won't have the effect that I am really searching for.
  • Work harder and get stronger when I am working out. I want to stop modifying most of the exercises and do a few reps of the non-modified versions. MAN! I really want to nail a burpee without dying. Just one!!!!
  • Eat more protein. This is such a challenge for me. I'm committed to making this happen. I just need more sources.
  • Get rid of my "wings". Ladies, you know what I'm talking about....that upper arm fat that flies in the wind when you wave or jump or just move in general. That is not tank top ready. I mean, I will still wear sleeveless shirts with my wings, but I prefer to have a little more (OK, a lot more) tone.
  • Get rid of some fat. I don't want to put a number on it because the scale is an evil, evil thing. I want the muscle, but the extra fat gots to go. 
  • Fit comfortably in a size smaller than what I am right now. My larger goal says I want to be about 3 sizes smaller, but I have to start with one size smaller first. I can get into a size smaller, but it's not comfortable. I'm holding on to my current jeans now because they're comfy and make me feel skinny. 
This list will evolve and change as I continue my journey. I have to start somewhere. It's time to do this. It's my time to shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment