Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: February 2016

What we're eating this week:
I've been so boring with my meals lately. OK, so I've been lazy with them. I've been stuck on repeat with the same quick (but healthy) meals. This week I changed it up a bit by having salmon instead of tilapia and asparagus instead of brussel sprouts. I did have a tasty cabbage and sausage dish when I was at my mom's this past weekend. I pinned it with good intentions to make it this week, but.....

What I'm reminiscing about:
excuse crazy Tiff in this pic;)
3 years ago I went to NOLA for the first time. It was for a Math conference, but it was a trip that I loved. We ate our way through that city. We would each order something different then put all the food in the middle and share everything. I want to go back this summer and take Mr. B with me so we can eat our way through NOLA and do some sight seeing.

When I came home from NOLA, I found out I was pregnant. While this pregnancy only lasted 10 weeks, it was still a joy. Here we are 3 years later deciding to try to make this happen again. Giving it a try again has brought up the memories of 3 years ago.

What I'm loving:
My Saturday morning Starbucks runs. I've begun making the transition to running errands on Friday night to Saturday morning. Mr. B prefers this so he doesn't have to tag along. He hates running errands. To treat myself for having to run errands on Saturday morning with everyone else in the world, I allow myself to have a bacon gouda egg sandwich with a grande coffee. I'm really liking the blonde roast with 2 pumps of sugar free hazelnut syrup, 2 splendas, a splash of nonfat milk, and a splash of cream. It's my go-to breakfast.

I'm also loving Quest protein bars. They come in several different flavors. They're protein packed and make me feel like I'm eating a candy bar.

What we've been up to:
I didn't get around to doing a separate blog post about this past weekend, so I will give a brief description here. We went to Lubbock to celebrate Jude's 1st birthday. His birthday is the 24th, but we celebrated a few days early. He had his party at Mr. Gatti's (a pizza buffet and arcade). He spent the night with Mr. B and I Friday night, so I got lots of loving from my chunky dunky. 
I'd been trying since I arrived to get him to smile. 

He'll smile in Uncle C's arms, but not mine

He's all birthday'd out and is simply humoring his crazy aunts

We think that is Mickey Mouse on his face....

He found some success while playing a Sponge Bob game. Stomp on the light!

He was NOT  a fan of the carousel ride. He's not quite that adventurous yet.

He did enjoy throwing tissue paper around to get to his presents.

Didn't quite figure out how to master the smash cake.

His birthday spread

The birthday boy on his throne

What I'm dreading:
Filling out job applications. I dread this time of year every year. I try to get closer to home each spring. It's been a losing battle for me. I spend almost a whole day filling out applications for different districts just hoping to get an interview somewhere. I keep networking and talking to different people. Hopefully this year will yield some results.

What I've been working on:
My fitness routine. I've been trying to get myself in a routine since joining Camp Gladiator. This week I'm trying to see if I can make the switch to full on 5 AM workouts. I woke up early yesterday and just couldn't make myself go. I woke up not feeling well. I am really hoping to go the rest of the week. I hate giving up my T/TH pm crew, but working out after work is really difficult for me. I'm just so exhausted from my day and commute.

What I'm excited about:
To go along with the previous point.....Last Monday night I went to Justin to workout with a sweet friend. We were celebrating her 100th check-in with CG. We had a nice little crew from church workout together to celebrate her success.
NBCOC CG Crew


 One of her friends (or maybe trainers) bought her the cutest necklace to commemorate the event. I loved the necklace and knew instantly that I wanted something similar when I hit 100 check-ins. She texted me one she found online.
strong is the new skinny....yes, it is!

What I'm watching/reading:
My TV hasn't changed much since last month. We're nearing the final episodes of the Bachelor. Who will he pick.....? My vote is Lauren B. The Voice starts again on Monday, so that'll happen. There's only one more episode ever of Downton Abbey left (cue tears). When Calls the Heart on Hallmark Channel is back, so that'll be my new Sunday night viewing pleasure.
As for reading, that really hasn't happened much lately. I attempted to read "Gone Girl" and didn't get very far. I just haven't been in the reading mood lately. That happens sometimes.

What I'm listening to:
Last month I listed all my podcasts that I listen to. If I'm not listening to my favorite podcasts, I'm listening to Pandora (but only at home because I'm not lucky enough to have unlimited cell data). I like the classic country station and the country hymns station.

What I'm wearing:
We've been having wonky Texas weather lately. I mean, it's February! Why is it 70-80+ degrees outside? I've been breaking out my palazzo pants. Soon the maxi dresses will probably make an appearance. However, yesterday we had a cold rainy snap. I rocked a sweater dress, leggings, and my heeled booties.

What I'm doing this weekend:
I prefer low key weekends where I can relax and do a whole lot of nothing. However, that's not in the cards for me this weekend. Saturday, I'm "running" the Cowtown 5K with my father-in-law, Vanessa, and Tiff. Maybe I'll be able to run some of it. Then again, maybe not. At least I'll be working out on a Saturday. Right after I do that, I've got to go home, shower and change, then head to my friend's wedding shower. I'm a hostess, so I've got to hurry and get there to help out. I was going to see a movie with Mr. B that evening, but I asked to reschedule so I could relax. Sunday after church, I'm going to brunch with Misty and Christy. We're trying to make the 4th Sunday of the month our thing. I may or may not be eating chicken and waffles again.

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Two words: SPRING BREAK!!!!
I'm in desperate need of a week off. We also have a dream team get together scheduled for that Tuesday. I love getting together with friends.

What else is new:
Since I'm a diligent blogger, I've kept everyone pretty up to date each week.

What is your favorite Easter tradition:
I don't have any Easter traditions now as an adult, but I do remember some childhood traditions. My grandmother would always make me and my sister Easter baskets with lots of goodies in them. We looked forward to these baskets every year. They even continued into our teen years. After church, we always got to hunt eggs in her yard after eating a yummy dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. Too many things to comment on!!
    1. NOLA. Best trip ever.
    2. Jude's birthday - so cute!! I love the number one thing that has his name on it!
    3. Matt thought When Calls the Heart was When Wind Calls the Heart. Haha. We need to catch up and watch this weeks episode but I'm so glad it's back on!
    4. Dream team party - can't wait!!
    5. I need to do a what's up Wednesday post since I actually can write about "what we've been up to" since I've been such a bad blogger lately haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't miss much with the show. It was only the first episode.
    Yes, please post again. I need more Caroline pictures:)

    ReplyDelete