Saturday, September 26, 2015

Week 2 Healthy Living Check-In

I'm finishing up week 2 of healthy living. I've never felt better. I've got energy and motivation. I was encouraged to take some pictures of my progress after just one week. I was a little unsure about what difference a week would make. However, I took the plunge and did it. I'm not quite ready to post them yet. Let me just say, there was a considerable difference. People have started to take notice. My clothes fit better. I'm not bloated constantly. It feels great. Next week, I'll take measurements and final weight and yes, more pictures. I survived Sunday's potluck by bringing my own food. I wanted to taste the cake I made, so I ate one tiny bite. Go me! *side bar: I had to take this selfie of me and Mr. B watching Sunday night football on our couch. He was excited because his Packers were playing (and won).
How cute is my hubs!?

First, I set some goals last week. I did manage to workout 5 days this week!!!! Despite the fact that I had to work late a couple of days, I still pressed play. Monday, Vanessa worked out with me. She even agreed to take a sweaty post-workout selfie with me (she wanted to make the blog....hehehe). She worked out again with me on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I was joined by Vanessa AND Tiffany. Thursday, Vanessa ditched me to go shopping with her twin....(insert side eye emoji here). I was tempted to just say "oh well! I guess I won't work out today." But, no! I went home and pushed "play" and made Mr. B do it with me. The real win: I didn't even laugh once as he did his best to dance and keep up. I took Friday off since I do my grocery shopping when I get off work. When Mr. B went to work on Saturday, I pushed "play" and tried out the first intermediate routine on my Cize DVD. I got my butt kicked in that quick 30 minute workout. It went by so fast. There's not as much repetition. The final "Cize it up" routine to the music (Destiny's Child) was so fast I struggled to keep up. Sunday is a day off....or is it? To be determined...... Christy, I'm coming for you and the "Terrance experience!"
#sweatyandfabulous

I stayed on point with my eating all week. I can't remember the last time I went this long without "cheating." I feel so empowered and proud of my willpower. I just have to keep my "why" in focus: future healthy pregnancy. So, what's on the menu for this week?

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, 2 slices of turkey bacon, grapes, Kashi waffle
Lunch: whole wheat pita with spinach, chipolte chicken, and hummus and carrots
Dinner: Spaghetti squash with ground turkey and zucchini  (M/T) Stewed okra and tomatoes with zucchini, brown rice, and shrimp (W/Th)...F/S TBD
AM snack: that yummy Shakeology!!!!
Afternoon snack: yogurt and turkey jerky
PM snack: apple with peanut butter

I'm still working on my water intake. I did really well on Saturday, but I struggle while at work. 

Thursday night I hosted an Usborne book party on Facebook. I "attended" a party a few weeks ago and loved the books. I decided to host a party to earn some free books. I ended up getting $80 in free books, an additional $50 at 1/2 price, and 65% off a collection. Not too bad. The picture below shows my amazing ability to multitask. I'm reading a book, watching TV, doing my Facebook party, texting "The Thread" and Facebook messaging people. 

#productofthetechnologygeneration

And Saturday means I get to watch Texas Tech football. Right now, we're playing TCU and doing pretty well. It's still the 3rd quarter so.....
But I just love seeing this little cutie in his Red Raider gear. My heart melts for this lil' guy. 

#auntiestatus
#futureredraider
#captainjudethedude

Coming soon: I just ordered my second challenge pack through Beach Body. Their PiYo challenge pack is on sale this month. I'm ready to try something in addition to my Cize. I'm hoping PiYo will help sculpt and flatten. I hear it's a challenge. I'm ready to tackle it. I'm going to try the vanilla shakes this next time. I'm excited to be part of my challenge group on Facebook. I love getting to chat with my cousin Mikah about my progress. Y'all, chatting with her and being in that group really encourages me. I feel like I'm not only doing this for myself, but also trying to make those that support me proud. 

This week's goals: DRINK. MORE. WATER!!!
-work out 5 days this week (I already know it can be done....NO EXCUSES!)
-stay on point with my eating. NO CHEATS
-master that intermediate Cize routine 

I can't wait until my PiYo comes in and I can blog about that journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment