Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 1 Healthy Living Check-In

So this past Monday I started my commitment (again) to healthier living. I decided that if I wanted to try to get pregnant again sometime next year, I needed to get healthier. Adding pregnancy weight to my already heavy frame would not bode well for me or my baby. As my 30th birthday approaches in 3 months (say it ain't so!), I realize that it's only going to get harder. I've done other things in the past that have worked, but I just wouldn't stick with it. I loved using my Advocare products. Their 24-Day challenge is a good kick start to a healthy life style. I just couldn't handle all the pills. One of my cousins has been posting a lot about her post pregnancy slim down via Beach Body and Shakeology. I did some research a few months ago and considered it. The workout DVD just didn't appeal to me. Y'all, I hate exercising. It is very boring to me. So I opted out. Then I started seeing her posts about a new program called "Cize." It's a dancing workout DVD. Yeah, that I can do! I'm not a dancer by any means, but I know that it's fun. I took the plunge and purchased. I also got the chocolate Shakeology. I received a food guide giving me recipes, portion sizes, how many servings of each food group I should be eating each day, and a calendar of recipes for my shakes. I actually thought it would be a lot more restricting. However, when I looked through the book and saw everything I could eat, I told myself that I could definitely do this! I have to say, I rocked week 1! Here's a look at how my week went:
Sunday:
I took before/after photos of myself and took my measurements. One day I may feel comfortable posting those on here, but for now I'll refrain. The numbers are embarrassingly large. Mr. B grilled me 5 chicken breasts and steamed some green beans for me. I divided them up into 5 containers for my lunch each day this week. I ate this with a small sweet potato with cinnamon and yogurt butter. 



Monday-Friday:
I start my day at 5:45 AM by getting up and getting dressed. Mr. B cooks my breakfast (yes, I know I'm spoiled by him) of 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 Kashi whole grain waffle (plain), and grapes. I cut out my cup of coffee since I can't drink it with cream and sugar #sadday
While I have breakfast, I read from my First5 devotional app and a chapter of Proverbs. If I have time, I check email, Facebook, and blogs before making my shake and getting my stuff together before heading to work about 6:40. I'm usually at work around 7:15-7:30 (depending on traffic). I have that time to get some work done while the building is quiet. I have my Shake around 8:00 for my morning snack. We have lunch at 11:15 then I have my afternoon snack around 2:00. I have a yogurt with some granola...sometimes I'll add a fruit or eat it when I get home. Dinner this week was fish and veggies. If I ate a PM snack, it would be another fruit. 

As for exercise, I worked out 4 days this week. I was just short of my goal by 1 day. I had a doctor's appointment Monday morning, so I went in to work late. This allowed me to get my workout in the morning (I just can't work out at 5:00 AM). I'm LOVING Cize! Shaun T breaks down dances move by move and building the routine. I actually cheated and did the first routine last Saturday so I'd know what to expect. So technically, I did the first routine 4 times. This Saturday, I wanted to get a head start on the next routine. I busted out routine #2. It was longer than the first one, and it had more moves. This one was challenging to me. However, it was much more fun than the first one. I got a little bored with that first dance. This second one is just challenging enough to keep me hooked. The moves are also more fun to do. I like competing with myself, so I'll want to keep doing it until I master the dance. #justcallmemasterofthedance
Tuesday, I worked out after work with Vanessa. Wednesday, I was tempted to skip. Thanks to my Beach Body coach (and sweet cousin), Mikah, checking in on me.....I made myself push play after church Wednesday night. I did skip out Thursday and Friday. Saturday morning I got right back at it after breakfast. 
After my Monday morning Cize workout! #sweatyandfabulous

We went to Chilis for Dinner on Friday since we were out running errands. I didn't let going out to eat mess me up. I had the grilled chicken salad with honey lime vinaigrette. I didn't even pour the dressing on the salad. I dipped my bites into the little cup and only used half! #win

Will I let the weekend mess me up? NOPE!
Not only did I exercise, but I made healthy choices on the weekend, too. Kept my same breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Lunch on Saturday was my shake. Lunch on Sunday was a potluck meal with lots of yumminess. I even brought my famous loaded mashed potatoes and chocolate cake with cream cheese Nutella frosting. However, I didn't partake in any of it. Not even the preacher's wife's famous Kolaches. I had a whole wheat pita with turkey and spinach and carrots and hummus. Dinner of Saturday and Sunday was a salad with my favorite new dressing-extra virgin olive oil and Balsamic vinaigrette with minced garlic- and feta cheese with chicken and brown rice tossed in a chipolte sauce. Afternoon snack Saturday: apple with peanut butter and string cheese. Afternoon snack Sunday: Shake. Saturday PM snack: popcorn and turkey jerky. 

The good news: I'm down 6 pounds from Monday morning!
On the menu this week:
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 Kashi waffle, grapes
Lunch: whole wheat pita with turkey and spinach and carrots with hummus
Dinner: M/T-Panko breaded tilapia with veggies  W-shrimp gumbo (brown rice, shrimp, stewed tomatoes and okra) Th/F- chicken tacos
AM snack: shake
Afternoon snack: yogurt
PM snack: not sure.....playing it by ear
I don't even miss buttermilk ranch with these two on my salad.

I'm ready for Week 2 and what results I will see.....

Next week's goals:
-workout 5 days
-drink more water


2 comments:

  1. 6 pounds?!? Way to go!! When I was being strict with my diet I told myself I could always have {fill in the blank} later. There will always be another opportunity to eat whatever & that made it easier to pass it up. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I've had a great first week with a few minor temptations that I've conquered. I just keep in mind the reason I really want to succeed and it keeps me going!

      Delete