Sunday, September 13, 2015

Art in the Vine Groupies and Such

The third week of school came and went. For some reason, those "shorter" weeks feel longer in the end. I was kept busy, as usual. Lucky for me, I had some fun planned for the weekend. Friday night Mr. B and I had a painting date at our favorite art studio in Grapevine. It had been a few months since we'd been painting together. The past couple of times I had gone with my friends. We made a pit stop at Starbucks so I could get a caffeine fix to stay awake. I decided to try a healthier version of a pumpkin spice latte (made known to me by another blogger I follow): pike or blonde roast coffee, 1 pump of pumpkin spice syrup, and half n' half. Not too bad. I had an iced version on Sunday, too! 

Then it was time for dinner. Next to the studio is a small Greek cafe with delicious gyros and fries. I'd tried it out with my friends last time we came painting. Mr. B hadn't had the pleasure of tasting it. He loved it! Check out this yummy piece of deliciousness!!!!

Mr. B and I grabbed a quick selfie before we started our class. I love date nights with this handsome fella.

This was not the model that the whole class was doing. When I saw the painting on their calendar, I was already thinking of how I was going to make mine different. I knew I wanted different colors than the yellow, brown, black, and red that was on the example. I also knew I wanted scripture on mine. That's what I love about this studio. They let you do whatever you want. They encourage that creativity. When I asked for a different color pallet, they gave it to me. When I asked if I could write my words with puff paint instead of acrylic, they let me. Mr. B decided to do his own thing, too. We had picked out our scriptures in advance. We knew exactly where we were going to put these in our house.

This is right above a window in our dining/living area. Our artwork decorates many a wall in our house. I joked with Mr. B that we'd soon be removing other decor we have on the walls to accommodate our growing art gallery. #totallypossible #thinkingofchargingadmission

Saturday was nothing too exciting. Mr. B had a rare Saturday off, so we went to run our errands since we didn't get to on Friday. Mr. B did some yard work while I watched some shows on the DVR. That afternoon we watched the Tech game. Well, I watched and he slept. It made me happy to see my Red Raiders get a big victory over UTEP. Our next 3 games our going to be challenging. I finished up "Me Before You" on Wednesday. I really enjoyed it. I didn't cry since I kind of new what the ending would be. I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel to come out later this month. I started reading "The Royal We" that a fellow blogger had recommended. I'm a little over 100 pages in. I don't know how I feel about it yet. It's definitely a slow read. I like the idea of the story line. I'm just not sure if I like the way the book was written. I'm not ready to give it up yet. 

Switching gears.....I've been trying to get pregnant for a while now. Deep down I always wanted to lose some weight and get healthy before I got pregnant. When I was pregnant 2 years ago with twins, I was scared because I was so overweight. I don't want that anxiety again. I decided it was time to try something new. My cousin has been raving about Beach Body and Shakeology. I loved my Advocare products, but I'm not a fan of all the pills that you have to take on the challenge. With Beach Body, I get a workout DVD. I was excited to see that their new program is a dance program where they break down the routines and repeat them over and over until at the end of the workout when you put it all together. Regular exercise bores me. That's why I don't do it. Dancing is fun. I tried it out on Saturday, and got my butt kicked. I was sweating like no other and breathing hard. But I had fun. I can't wait to get this program started on Monday and see what it does for me. 


I'll be tracking my measurements and logging my food on the 21-Day Fix app. I'm going to meal prep my lunches for the week so they're ready to go. On the menu this week:

Breakfast: 
2 eggs with spinach
whole grain blueberry waffles (Kashi brand)
fruit
turkey bacon

Lunch:
grilled chicken
green beans
sweet potato with yogurt butter and cinnamon

Dinner:
Different varieties of fish and veggies

Snacks:
AM-my Shakeology shake
PM-yogurt parfait (siggis plain yogurt, granola, fruit)

Cize workout DVD 5 days (maybe 6 if I'm feeling extra ambitious) a week. The plan is to bring my workout stuff to school and hit it right after school is out. I've got a couple of friends who are ready to tackle this dance workout with me.

I'm super excited to start this journey. Here's to hoping I have positive results to share in future updates!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment