Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Fun

OK, before kicking off the weekend festivities I need to share a couple of cute kid moments from this week. First, I get this sweet letter dropped off at my door one afternoon during our team meeting. It's from one of my little girls from last year. #imelt
Baby girl, I wish you were still in my class, too. I do still love you!


The next moment came on Wednesday during calendar time. When I asked what day of the week "yesterday" was.....one of my boys raised his hand and said "Taco Tuesday!" #idiedlaughing
Y'all, these first graders are sweet and hilarious. They are not without their challenges, however. Week two brought about the end of the honeymoon period in a couple of kids. The AP had to be called, emails had to be sent, and consequences had to be enforced. I really hate having to "grow horns" this early, but.....
I was happy to finally get my normal schedule into play this past week. I can't wait until I get small groups going in full swing. My reading tests are finished (thanks to Sue who came out of retirement to volunteer at our school) #welovesue
I was pleasantly surprised by my results. I have 5 that are really struggling. The rest are at or above grade level. I'm almost done with math testing. Again, a few that are struggling. Overall, a good showing. Now, on to that weekend!

So Wednesday I get a text from a friend asking if Mr. B and I want to go to a murder mystery dinner theater Friday night. She can get discount tickets. Uhhhh.....YES! We'd never been before. We had a great menu to choose from ahead of time. The theater is located in historic downtown Grapevine on Main Street. This is a beautiful area (especially during Christmas). Since we were headed that way, I decided to stop at Trader Joe's in Southlake since it was on the way. I didn't want to make another trip on Saturday #aintnobodygottime
We brought a cooler and loaded up. Since we were starvin' marvin and couldn't wait until 7:30 to eat, we split this delicious sushi platter that we found. #yum #itwascheap #fatandhungrywins

Then we met up with our friends at the theater. It was wild west themed. Texas of course. Each table was named after a city in Texas. Look at what table I just happened to be seated at! #lbk #806

I ordered the grilled marinated chicken breast with asparagus in a basil pesto sauce. It came with grilled veggies and bacon cheddar scalloped potatoes. It was so good!

Dessert for me was chocolate marble mousse cake. Yep, that was a winner, too.

Here we are with our friends at dinner! We had a great table.

The show was hilarious! We were laughing (and crying from laughter) the whole way through. I love how they interact with the audience and infuse modern jokes into the performance. Mr. B kept being referred to as a gigelo. #firstclass It was hilarious! I loved that my friend Kelli was friends with some of the actors #queenoftheyipsies
We even had our picture taken with them after the show!
Fun Friday night.

Saturday was a busy day for me. Since we went out Friday, I had to do grocery shopping on Saturday. I was up at 8 and out the door by 9. Aldi, Sprouts, and Kroger were on my list. I had just enough time to come home, eat, and change before meeting my neighbor at the Alzheimer's home for our bi-monthly music entertainment. This week was especially awesome because it was "country week." Those sweet people love their country music. We did some singing and dancing to country music. Those that know me, know this is my jam all the way. I had a blast! The best part was seeing my sweet friend who loves the chicken dance come out. He wasn't out the first time we played it, so we did a special request for him at the end so he and I could do that chicken dance. #lovehim

Then it was back home to watch some Texas Tech football #wreckem and begin preparations for the night's festivities with the gang. We cooked out with our besties and had a nice visit. There was steak, shrimp, roasted veggies, a veggie tray with dip, jalepeno popper dip, loaded mashed potatoes, and oreo cheesecake. #feasting
Our new tradition now seems to be that after dinner and/or games, the girls leave the guys to go to Starbucks and have "girl talk." We find that the boys aren't really interested in what we're talking about #duh and they don't interact much either. We know that while we are away that all they do is sit and mess around on their phones.Meanwhile, we're at Starbucks talking until we have no voice.
I love these 2 so much! We always have a great time and great conversation together. We can pick up where we left off no matter how much time we've spent apart. Although, we did a pretty good job this year seeing each other on a regular basis. #trioforever #twinning #thosebraidsthough
Plug for my twins here: that adorable outfit Misty (on my right) is an original that she made herself. I have talented besties!

My goal the rest of the weekend is to read read read! These three on on my list!


This happened on Sunday when I wasn't at church services. I highly recommend this book. It's a nice, clean book. Just enough romance to satisfy those of us who need that in our reading material without being too much. Only a touch of sadness. And lots and lots of food references. The main character is a chef. Check out my Bookworm's Only page on this blog for more great reads!

The rest of my day I will devote to reading this book. If I love it, it will also go on the Bookworm's Only page. When Mr. B gets home, he's going to cook us something on the grill. I love that I get this day to relax and keep it low key. It's my last "extra" day off until the Thanksgiving holiday. Does anyone else in the education world think that this is cruel and unusual punishment, too? #bringbackColumbusDay

Coming soon: I'm getting ready to start a new fitness journey. I know, I've tried before. I'm super excited about the new workouts I'm going to be trying. I also love that the people I'm doing this with are family:) Stay tuned for more about my journey....

Now, time to read my book!







No comments:

Post a Comment