Saturday, May 2, 2015

Playing Hooky....Kind of

Another busy weekend ahead. I knew I would be super busy Saturday with work and fun, so I thought I'd take Friday off for relaxation purposes. I usually take the first Friday off in May each year because I need one more long weekend between Easter and Memorial Day. Mr. B took off from work too, and we had planned to drive into Canton to check out their booths for First Monday and maybe drive a little further into Lindale so I could check out The Pink Pistol.
Quick background info: The weekend before the first Monday of every month there is a huge flea market type awesomeness that goes on in Canton. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive from my house. We try to go in May because that's about my only free non-hot weekend I can go. The weather is usually perfect this weekend. This year was no exception. The Pink Pistol is Miranda Lambert's store. We've been to the original one in Tishomingo, OK but wanted to check out the Texas store since it was only 30 minutes from Canton.

However, since we have all this stuff going on with our roof and the insurance company, we decided to not take our mini road trip. Instead we just spent time around the house doing a few chores and running a couple of errands.

We slept in until about 8:30 before Mr. B woke up to make us breakfast. He usually cooks me breakfast most mornings. This morning I got a more complex breakfast since we had plenty of time. He made our favorite breakfast treat that we got off Pinterest, Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents.

We had a nice leisure breakfast with some coffee. I did my daily morning devotionals before heading into the living room to watch a little TV. Later in the morning, we went to Sprouts to get a few produce items. We prefer to buy our produce at Sprouts because it's usually better quality and cheaper than the grocery store. I had to stop at the library super quick to turn in some books and pick up new books for school this week.

Next up was the gym for a workout. I usually work out with my trainer of Tuesday afternoons, but he had to reschedule this week. I told him I could do Friday early afternoon since I wasn't working. I chose a noon appointment. It was great because there was hardly anyone there, and we didn't have to fight for equipment in the weight area. I bought a 10 session package, and this was workout number 7. I started out not being able to last the whole hour, getting real short of breath, not being able to do cardio between weight sets, and barely able to complete weight sets with just the bar. Fast forward 7 weeks and I'm able to last a whole hour now! I hardly get sick anymore; however, there are times when I need some extra rest time between some things to prevent any light headed feelings. I'm doing a full minute of cardio between weight sets now!!! On the bench press I can do 3 sets of 10 with 10lb weights on each side, I can do 12 1/2lbs on each side with some help. My pride and joy was yesterday when I put 5 45lb plates on each side of the leg press!!!!

I had already done a couple sets with 3 plates on each side and one with 4 plates. I did 2 sets with 5 plates, then went back down the ladder (1 set w/4 plates, 1 set w/3 plates, 1 set w/ 2 plates, and the final set with 1 plate). There was no rest between those sets. It's amazing how light 3 plates feel when you've done 5 plates! I immediately went into walking lunges holding a 40lb barbell behind my head. My thighs are going to have some killer muscles!!!

After our workout, we went for a completely contradictory lunch: gyros and fries!

What you see there is the exact portion of food, so not too bad. By the time we got home it was almost 2:00, and we decided we needed a nap. We slept until 3:30. We woke up and realized that we took a really long nap. I turn to Mr. B and say, "Well, you know what this means....?" And he replies, "we get to go to Starbucks for 1/2 price Frapps!" I love how we think alike. Again, this contradicted our workout, but we wanted a treat. We got a tall caramel ribbon crunch and enjoyed it outside since the weather was perfect.

We ran to his parents house to check on some things before heading home and realizing that the day had gone by so fast. I still needed to cook a few things for a party on Saturday, and he wanted to wash and clean both cars. We came back home and got busy. While he was outside washing the inside and outside of both cars, 

I was inside cooking delicious treats for my coworkers for our party on Saturday! Loaded mashed potatoes for the guest of honor since they're her favorite

Chocolate cake for our dessert loving dream team

I cleaned up the kitchen, did a little laundry, and just picked up a bit. I even made a quick dinner of Frito pie for us to eat while we watched game shows on GSN. Our favorite is Family Feud, but we've been enjoying the Newly Wed Game, too. We like to play along and see if we get the same answers and see how well we know each other after almost 5 years of marriage. We ended our day relaxing together on the couch before heading to bed around 10:00 since we both had to be up at 6:00 the next morning. He had to be at work at 7:00 and I had a UIL meet at 8:00.

Tomorrow is another busy day for me. At least he will get some much needed time to relax and have some time to himself. He really needs to clear the DVR because he has shows from 3 weeks ago! That's his job this afternoon....watch TV and clear that DVR. That's one thing on the "honey-do" list he'll be more than happy to check off!

No comments:

Post a Comment