Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday: April Edition

Not only do I write blogs, but I also follow quite a few myself. They are so much fun to read and get ideas from. I read a wide range of blogs. One in particular I follow, shullfamily.blogspot.com, is doing this thing called "what's up Wednesday?" I thought it looked like fun, so I wanted to give it a try. I may not do it every Wednesday, but we will see what I can come up with. So, here goes.....

1. What we're eating this week: I made this really delicious Cheesy Chicken Bake from a recipe that I found on Pinterest. I used a whole block of cream cheese instead of half the block because I like cream cheese that much. I also made a quick apply cobbler dessert with my mom's homemade apple pie filling, a box of yellow cake mix, and 2 sticks of melted butter. I popped it in the oven @350 for about 50 minutes for a delicious treat. We're also making this yummy soup that we've made before. Again, found it on Pinterest. This one is great because it's made in the crockpot.

2. What I'm reminiscing about: last weekend when we got to meet sweet baby Jude the Dude. Get used to it, ya'll. I'll be talking about him often. We are going to try to find time this summer where we can see him more. With a face like this, how can you not reminisce?




3. What I'm loving: I'm loving my new morning routine during the work week. I wake up at 6:20 and get ready. I'm a simple girl: clothes that I've picked out the night before, very light makeup, hair up or in a side braid and I'm done. Mr. B has my breakfast of egg whites, bacon, and coffee ready for me when I'm done. I've already prepared my lunch the night before so all I have to do is throw it in my bag. I enjoy my coffee and breakfast while I read my daily devotionals from my Bible app and blogs. I leave the house around 7:20 and arrive at work right on time much to the surprise and pride of my fellow team mates. They were used to me arriving at 7:30 each morning. They love that I arrive the same time they do (sometimes later if traffic is extra horrible).

4. What we've been up to: We've had busy weekends lately. We're planning our vacations and deciding what we want to do this summer. I'm just trying to survive these last 27 days of school....

5. What I'm dreading: getting my roof fixed. Earlier this week, we noticed a water stain with some of the popcorn on the ceiling crumbling off. It would appear that all this rain (as wonderful as it is) has finally taken its toll on our 18 year old roof. The insurance adjuster has been called. Now we're waiting on them to schedule a time to come out and assess the damage inside and out and praying that the expense and damage isn't too terrible!

6. What I'm working on: my body, my blog, my spiritual life, and hopefully the house. I'm trying to be more diligent with working out. I even have a trainer once a week. It's just so hard. I plan to put the exercise and healthy eating into full force once school is out and temptation is diminished. Our team likes to eat too much to try to resist temptation now. I'm trying to keep up with my blog. I've got two posts this week. Huge for me! I'm making it a point to start my day with reading the Bible and ending my day reading a book that will help me be a better me. This summer we have plans to paint the front rooms in our house that don't get used often.

7. What I'm excited about: I'm excited about a few things, but they will be mentioned in other categories to follow. Therefore, I will just say that I'm excited about the final 27 days of school! I love my class and my job, but I sure do love my summer break:)

8. What I'm watching/reading: If it's on the CW, I'm probably watching it. I don't do much reality TV (even though I promised a couple of girls at work that I'd watch the Bachelorette this summer so we could give commentary), but I do have a couple of guilty pleasures....Dancing with the Stars and The Voice. I also enjoy several other shows because I love TV, but I don't want to give you the whole exhaustive list. As for books, I've put the novels on hold for a few months so I can focus on Bible reading, devotionals, blogs, and self-betterment books. I'll throw in the novels again over the summer when I have more free time. Right now, I'm reading my Bible daily based on a couple of daily Bible reading plans I've chosen for myself on my Bible app. There are many plans to choose from. I just chose a couple that I felt would benefit me at this time. I also read a chapter every so often from "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian and "No More Headaches" by Dr. Juli Slattery. The second book discusses how to improve intimacy in your marriage and how to bring you and your husband closer amidst all life throws at you. 

9. What I'm listening to: I'm always listening to country music. When I get ready, I like to put classic country on Pandora. My favorite artist is fellow Texas girl, Miranda Lambert. I'm loving her new hit "Little Red Wagon." I totally jam out every time that comes on the radio. Her new album has a few songs that I really like.

10. What I'm wearing: talk about a short response....I'm a jean and T-shirt girl. During the hot months, I rock maxi dresses from Walmart. Yes, I said Walmart. For $15 a pop, you can get really cute dresses. No shame peeps! I always get comments on the dresses. I also get shocked reactions when I tell them they are Walmart classics. As you can see, I have many many dresses to choose from.
Here are this year's 3 newest addition. The red, black, and white dress is the only one that didn't come from Walmart. I purchased it at Lane Bryant.



11. What I'm doing this weekend: Mr. B and I took off Friday so we could have a day to spend together. I needed one more 3-day weekend before Memorial Day. I'm not quite sure what that day will entail, but it'll be enjoyable because we will be with each other and won't be working. Saturday morning I'll be in Arlington judging our UIL competition. I, along with another teacher at school, have coached a young lady in Oral Reading and can't wait to see how she does in competition. That evening, I get to spend it some time with my team as we celebrate the birthday and retirement of one of our former teammates I'm headed to Mama B's house to enjoy some fajitas and fellowship with the girls while enjoying the Kentucky Derby. Yes, I'll be rocking some sort of hat. I'm so excited for Saturday evening with the girls. I'm sure there will be tons of laughter. Expect a blog post next week:)

12. What I'm looking forward to next month: Aside from it being the end of the school year....painting with my BFFs twins at my favorite studio artinthevine.com. I'm going without Mr. B this time. Where will I put a single painting??? I'm also looking forward to trying a new Greek restaurant with the girls before we paint. I've heard the fries are delish! Also, I'm ready to be done with all my end of year testing. And....getting to celebrate my sweet friend, and teammate's, baby shower!!!

13. What else is new: Not much else is new really. Mr. B and I are trying to spend more quality time together and being a better spouse for each other. I do my best wife work during the summer months. I get real domesticated:)

I hope you enjoyed this month's "What's Up Wednesday?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment