Monday, February 23, 2015

Annual February LBK Trip

Every February we make the trip to Lubbock to visit my parents and do our taxes. I know, it seems strange to drive over 300 miles to do our taxes, but I can be a creature of habit. We left after we both got off work Friday evening. We arrived around 10 pm and stayed up till almost 2 am talking with my parents. Saturday morning we woke to my dad's tasty breakfast. I just love breakfast at my parents' house. Dad always makes homemade buttermilk biscuits (Granny's recipe), bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, and sometimes gravy. Yes, it's an artery-clogging good time, but it's only when I come to visit. We had a 10:00 appointment to get our taxes done. We were out in 45 minutes and very happy with our return! Let's just say that Cancun will be happening for our 5 year anniversary!!!!

Then we spent the afternoon walking around the flea market. Dad and I decided to entertain ourselves while we walked about. I love our private jokes. We can back home and took a nap since we were all exhausted. Cooper even helped dad do some work in the yard. Later that evening dad grilled out and made burgers. The best part came later that night when dad and Alex (my youngest sister's BF) started a barrel bonfire.

We roasted marshmallows while we waited for the cold weather to come in. I haven't had campfire roasted marshmallows in FOREVER!!! I forgot how delicious they were. I love mine burnt to a crisp. Dad let his big German Shepherd, Quigley, out to play.

Quigley was very happy to have everyone's attention. Although, I think his favorite was Cooper. He was very attentive to Cooper (maybe more so than Cooper appreciated) throughout the evening.

Cooper and I are expecting our newest nephew soon....maybe tomorrow! My baby sister is due any day now, and she is ready for him to make his appearance. She was so desperate that she thought that by standing by the fire it would speed up the "cooking" process. As my dad would put it: she was "turning the heat up in the oven."

The best part of the bonfire was getting some snuggle time with my honey! Cooper gives the best hugs!!!

Sunday morning we woke up and got right on the road after grabbing a coffee and burrito at Stripes. We needed to get back to beat the bad weather, do our grocery shopping, and do the laundry. We made it. We even battled the crazy grocery store crowds and limited groceries on the shelf. The best part of the day was finding out that I was getting a snow day on Monday. And just to let ya'll know...I have another snow day tomorrow, too. So be prepared for a snow day blog soon.....I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment