Thursday, February 12, 2015

Neglectful Blogger Updates World on Her Life Events....

The "neglectful blogger" strikes again. I was reminded today by a fellow blogger and coworker that I have been neglectful of my blogging. 2 of my coworkers are also bloggers and reminded me today that there are lots of things that I could blog about. This was said after I gave the excuse that I really didn't feel I had anything interesting to write about. But, who cares!? It was suggested to me that I should just talk about my life, no matter how ordinary. Then I remembered that a couple of weeks ago I had a pretty full weekend. I had intended to blog about it and just completely forgot. Then this past weekend, the hubby and I took a little day trip to Granbury, TX. So I guess I can just share some of our weekend outings.

Let's start with a couple of weekends ago when we were jam packed with activities the whole weekend: Super Bowl Weekend
Friday night we went to dinner with friends from church at On the Border before heading to a congregational singing at a local congregation here in DFW. If you know me, you know I LOVE to sing! I'll sing to any song on the radio (country radio) and I'll rock your world with car karaoke on a long road trip! I love singing during worship to our Lord and Savior! I can't think of a better use for my voice than to lift it in praise. Imagine anywhere between 200-400 people singing acapella hymns of praise for 2 hours!!!! I try to attend this event every year. It never disappoints. It was also nice to visit with friends over dinner. The hubby and I got to sit across from 2 adorable twin boys! We had some lively entertainment for our dinner.

Saturday I had to do my grocery shopping while the hubby was working. That night, we went to an 80s Prom Murder Mystery Party at a friends house. We'd never done one before, so we were unsure what to expect. My character was the class Secretary who was scorned by a crush. So, I fixed the prom election so he wouldn't win. The hubby was a math teacher who liked to skew grades for athletes. Don't worry, neither the hubby or myself was the murderer. Here are some fun pics from that night:







I am totally rocking that side ponytail and bright eye shadow! We were born in the mid 80s, so we weren't too familiar with this decade. However, we still had a blast and would definitely do it again!

Sunday I went to church in the morning while the hubby worked. Afterwards, I went to the salon and got my Valentine manicure:
Then I went to visit my best friend in the hospital. She's anxiously awaiting the birth of her first baby, and she's unfortunately stuck in that hospital for a few weeks until he gets here. I try to visit her Sunday afternoons. We've been BFFs for well over 10 years...she might as well be my sister:) Much later that night I showed up late to a super bowl party. I wasn't really into the game this year, so for me it was just hanging out and visiting.

Last week I decided to color my hair. I wanted to be a vibrant red head. Here is a pic of what it looks like. However, pictures really never do hair color justice. It looks much better in person.

This last Saturday the hubby was off work and he wanted to go to this cute town about an hour south of us. We'd been a couple of times before, but it has been a couple of years. We spent 3 hours walking around the charming town square. We had hoped to have lunch at this restaurant on the lake, but it appeared to be closed. We only purchased a couple of things: the hubby bought a jar of bacon salsa (which will probably end up going to my dad because it is way too spicy for the hubby and he won't admit it) and I bought a jar of pecan honey butter. Talk about a party in my mouth! We did have some pie at a quaint little cafe before heading home. I opted for buttermilk pie and he opted for pecan-his favorite.
I have a couple of friends expecting babies and some friends with young babies already, so I found some cute baby things to show them. Maybe sometime soon we will have a reason to shop in Granbury for some baby things of our own....

Here is our couple's selfie in the town square:
That night we had dinner with his parents before heading home to relax. 

Well, that about does it for my event recap. I do have one event this weekend: the first of our group of 6 is the first of us to turn the #dirty30, so we will be having some kind of shin dig for him. I'll try not to let that post wait several weeks before "going live." So thank you to @simplyswarbrick and @clovelysgirl for making me revisit my love of writing and boring others with my life adventures:)

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment