Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dirty 30 comes for the kids of 1985- Adrian's Story

The year was 1985. 4 kids were born that year with a set of twins to follow just a week into 1986 (since we love them and they almost made the cut, they can be in "club 1985"). Adrian came along first on February 15, 1985. He is the baby of his family. I first came to know him my junior year in high school, his senior year. We had a leadership class together, but that was not how we became better acquainted. He started dating my BFF in high school (one of the twins, Misty). That's where their story began. Misty, you should really start a blog and write that story:) Adrian soon became "one of the girls" since he and Misty would begin a life-long relationship that has survived high school, college, and as of now almost 7 years of marriage.

My favorite times with Adrian were at Tech football games. We would sit next to one another and comment on the game. I enjoy having someone I can talk sports with. One thing that cracks me up about Adrian: it's like he has a new truck every time I see him! He loves his trucks, that boy.

This past weekend we celebrated Adrian's big "Dirty 30" birthday. I think 30 is going to be a good year for him. He's expecting his first baby in a couple of months! He's going to be a daddy to a future football player. I can't wait to meet the newest member of our group!!! We celebrated his birthday in the hospital since his lovely wife (and my BFF) has to remain in there until she's done cooking baby K. We all tried to make this as memorable as we could. Here are some snap shots from that evening. I want to do a blog post about all of our big 30th birthdays. Included in this post, I'll be taking group selfies of us celebrating one another's big days! Here's our first #dirty30 group selfie
and we might as well take a goofy one
Here is our birthday boy chowing down on his food
The birthday boy, his lovely wife, and Baby K "in the oven"
Other guests present: My other twin BFF, Christy, and her main squeeze (and my hubby's bromance brother) DeVon
Me and my love were there to present, of course!


De'Von bought Adrian a Walking Dead shooting game to pass the time while hanging out at the hospital. Adrian is a fan of the show. Here's Christy trying out her shooting skills...De'Von, you may want to be careful....

Now, the important stuff: THE FOOD!!! The birthday boy requested baked spaghetti, salad, bread sticks, and for dessert: Fruity Pebbles rice krispie treats. 


Things may not always turn out like you plan, but sometimes you just got to roll with what ya got. Besides, the reason for the change of plans will be well worth it come April or May:)

So here's to the kids of 1985 (and the 2 who just missed the cut)! Let's make the #dirty30 the best year yet! Stay tuned in June as we celebrate De'Von's big day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment